Yet another wasted season!

Guest Brazilianbob

That, is the point I take fromm BB's post. Hardly something to get hot under the collar about, or in the case of Chez and others to become hateful little cunts about.

You're ignoring the fact he says this season is a write-off already then?

Wish he'd told me like, I'd have saved £250.

I'd also like BD to explain how pointing out when someone is over £163m out in their estimation of what Ashley has spent and implying they hadnt even thought about what they posted makes me a 'hateful little cunt'.

Thats abusive imo. Can BD also point out where i was abusive to anyone in this thread? I'm not going to stoop to his level on this. 

And nor should you.

Thick, lacking in brains and fucking stupid cropped up in your attacks on peoples arguments. Abusive? I can't speak for those on the receiving end. Aggressively and unnecessarily over the top when there were pretty fair opinions being aired? Imho, yes. I reacted in a similar over the top way, and while I did change it almost immediately, no excuses, I have the unfortunate mouth of a sloshed navvy and apologise for that.

I think the misunderstanding herein lies in the thread title. I would have some sympathy with the miscreant if he said he would have liked to see one or two more 'creative' or 'ambitious' signings to give us more options, especially at home....But to say the whole season is wasted is what has freaked people out.

If I had my sensible hat on (and I rarely do) I'd say we are a couple of seasons behind the top 4 clubs with reg to development and the level of our signings, certainly Spurs squad is still ahead of us and probably Man City have closed the gap. But I am happy to build from a core of strength and become a more stable and hard to beat side and start adding the frills later.

The new board have spent £133 million to buy the club, £30 million to service our debt, £5.8m on Barton, £2.9m on Rozehnal, £6m on Smith, £4.2m on Enrique plus if reports are correct, a £2m signing on fee for Geremi.

In return, they received £14m from Parker and Dyer.

Thus, they have invested about £184 million in the club in a matter of months, making a turnover of less than £20 million in that time.

That is ignoring the increase in what was previously a burdening wage bill, and also ignoring ticket deals or  price cuts within the stadium that the club seem to be promoting.

We can't really expect anything morethis month, although anything we do get would be a very welcome bonus.

I think BB wants to dissasociate the overall spend with the transfer spend. Buying a business is one thing and will cost money. Investing in players to drive the business forward is a different matter. As I said earlier it is really the thread title that has caused the kerfuffle. :lol:

I think BB wants to dissasociate the overall spend with the transfer spend. Buying a business is one thing and will cost money. Investing in players to drive the business forward is a different matter. As I said earlier it is really the thread title that has caused the kerfuffle. :lol:

A question mark instead of an exclamation mark would have been more appropriate.

Guest Brazilianbob

Granted, but an exclamation mark simply underpins my thoughts on this issue whilst leaving the subject open for anyone to agree or disagree, preferably without the debate degenerating into abusive attacks on each other.

I have to agree with the OP. I just can't believe we haven't won a cup yet this season after I paid FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS for a season ticket. Frankly I'm enraged and/or irate. This whole season has basically just descended into an absolute shambles -- a mess of the highest order. The fact that we've only managed three goals and one clean sheet for all the summer spending is a disgrace. And don't even get me started on the fact that sunderland have the same points tally as us.

I'm fuming. Literally seething. I just can't control my emotions any longer. I'm FINISHED with this club and I'm FINISHED with this sport.

*storms out of thread*

I have to agree with the OP. I just can't believe we haven't won a cup yet this season after I paid FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS for a season ticket. Frankly I'm enraged and/or irate. This whole season has basically just descended into an absolute shambles -- a mess of the highest order. The fact that we've only managed three goals and one clean sheet for all the summer spending is a disgrace. And don't even get me started on the fact that sunderland have the same points tally as us.

I'm fuming. Literally seething. I just can't control my emotions any longer. I'm FINISHED with this club and I'm FINISHED with this sport.

*storms out of thread*

;D :lol:

tht display pic gets me everytime  aswell

*storms out of thread*

Does the lack of European qualification at this stage of the season not bother you?  We still have a few games to play but we're cutting it a bit fine if we're going to do it.

I mentioned this to my mate and he tried to fob me off by mentioning that Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc were still to qualify, what has that got to do with Newcastle?  It's just not good enough.  :tickedoff:

FFS you moaning whingers get right on my bell end sometimes!

If we beat the smogs sunday, we will be joint 2nd with chelsea!

Your all acting like we've lost 4 on the bounce or something! Fucking hell I think some of you need to stop playing FM so much because you seem to think your experts at managing a football club

Get a grip moaning minnies!

As much as I'd rather see the toon on top, I fucking hope we're not joint 2nd with Chelsea, I've got good money @ 5/1 for Chelsea to be top of the league at the end of August!

Not to gloat or anything but can I just say £££!

Guest Brazilianbob

Some of us have supported this club from long before they last won a trophy of any note, so forgive me if I don't swoon when SA tells me it will take time to turn the club around!

What bothers me is how many more seasons are we going to hear that excuse.  In more recent years, we have heard it said by Dalglish, Gullitt, and SBR, (although under SBR a modicum of success came earlier than expected), we then heard it from Souness then Glen Roeder.

I am however, old enough to see what their cunning long term plan is, don't win anything for entire generations, so the fans will forget what success is and then won't demand something they know nothing about!

Some of us have supported this club from long before they last won a trophy of any note, so forgive me if I don't swoon when SA tells me it will take time to turn the club around!

What bothers me is how many more seasons are we going to hear that excuse.  In more recent years, we have heard it said by Dalglish, Gullitt, and SBR, (although under SBR a modicum of success came earlier than expected), we then heard it from Souness then Glen Roeder.

I am however, old enough to see what their cunning long term plan is, don't win anything for entire generations, so the fans will forget what success is and then won't demand something they know nothing about!

I think he's entitled to ask for more than two games. That might be just me though.

Guest Brazilianbob

I think he's entitled to ask for more than two games. That might be just me though.

I agree he is entitled to a decent crack at the job and I have never said I wouldn't give him a chance, what I am saying is I have heard it all before, so forgive me if I seem a bit pessimistic and don't jump on the MA/SA bandwagon.  There will be plenty of time to climb aboard the bandwagon, if success arrives.

Ludicrous.. he was already pushing it with one. lets just say if we don't win any trophies in the next 3 games.. he's out - just a bag of excuses that sam alladyce

Ludicrous.. he was already pushing it with one. lets just say if we don't win any trophies in the next 3 games.. he's out - just a bag of excuses that sam alladyce

This entire premise is wonky. You say SBR achieved some success earlier than you expected but even he took 2 seasons to finish higher than 11th.

I agree with Bob in the aspect that none of oiur signings are exciting and that we could've flashed the cash a bit more.

Joey Barton is fairly exciting, I'd say, looked brilliant for Manchester City last season and seems exactly what we were missing in the middle of the park under Souness and Roeder.

Jose Enrique comes from Spain with a good reputation and is a £6.5M full-back... another one that I find personally exciting.

Mark Viduka is getting on a bit but was Middlesbrough's best player last year and the year previous and on his day is unplayable.

Smith, Geremi, Cacapa and Rozehnal all seem like decent enough players as well, although I admit it's difficult to get excited over the two centre-halves in particular - despite how good Rozey looks already.

It's not necessarily about "exciting" signings though, or "expensive" signings, especially when you consider some of the players already on our books (Owen and Martins in particular). It's buying what we need and buying players who are good enough to improve the team/squad. The "exciting" signings will come when the time is right, I'm sure of that - we might even see one before September 1st, who knows?

Even if we just add Faye to this list I'll be happy, personally, then January is only 4 months away.

Guest Brazilianbob

Everyone's heard that before. I've never heard anyone say the season is wasted after two games and before the window has closed.

As Jimmymag pointed out earlier, a question mark rather than an exclamation mark might have been more appropriate in the thread title.

You could look at it another way. Despite the fact that we've made a net spend of only £6 million, the squad has improved immeasurably. In previous years, our average yearly spend has been about £10 million, and we've been no better off.