The 'daft footballers who can't talk properly' thread

brummie

how many people said at this time last year that Bolton had :

1. A better chairman than we had, as we had the only one who always got appointments wrong, the timing wrong, and ...

2. A better "plan" than us

Whereas......both those points were an absolute load of bollocks.

Whats more, there are plenty of other clubs too. Spurs are also doing very well these days, its all down to "planning", and "timing"  ;D

Tbf most people predicted Lee would fail as they did Souness. Bolton went with the cheap option as we did with Roeder although its no surprise for them as they have always been a cheap club who couldn't attract much better where as we.....

no, you are re-writing history. Gartside was said by a few people to be superior to Shepherd, because he ran a good club with a good plan, didn't make panic buys, didn't make badly timed managerial appointments etc etc etc

so your point is they've both made mistakes? i'd agree. that one fact doesnt mean the last regime was good for the club though, far from it. seems like you're just clutching at straws now,  and the way you jump on every bit of news possible and try to twist it into shepherds favour is becoming quite frankly, obsessive, he's gone man, move on, mrs shepherd.

poor response.

For simply pointing out a few facts, that don't suit some people.

eh? i dont understand mate, are you or aren't you trying to make the point that shepherd cant have been so bad, because gartside made a bad appointment? its a yes or no answer

1. A better chairman than we had, as we had the only one who always got appointments wrong, the timing wrong, and ...

Whats more, there are plenty of other clubs too. Spurs are also doing very well these days, its all down to "planning", and "timing"  ;D

Tbf most people predicted Lee would fail as they did Souness. Bolton went with the cheap option as we did with Roeder although its no surprise for them as they have always been a cheap club who couldn't attract much better where as we.....

no, you are re-writing history. Gartside was said by a few people to be superior to Shepherd, because he ran a good club with a good plan, didn't make panic buys, didn't make badly timed managerial appointments etc etc etc

so your point is they've both made mistakes? i'd agree. that one fact doesnt mean the last regime was good for the club though, far from it. seems like you're just clutching at straws now,  and the way you jump on every bit of news possible and try to twist it into shepherds favour is becoming quite frankly, obsessive, he's gone man, move on, mrs shepherd.

poor response.

eh? i dont understand mate, are you or aren't you trying to make the point that shepherd cant have been so bad, because gartside made a bad appointment? its a yes or no answer

its not any sort of answer, nor is it meant to be. I'm simply pointing out the idiocy of those who thought that anyone but Shepherd would have been better for Newcastle. Are you - and others - trying to make out that Shepherd was so bad, simply because he made a shite appointment in Souness [while running a club that qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4] ? Surely not.

I presume you also thought that anyone but Shepherd would have been better for the club when we qualified for the Champions League, reached 2 FA Cup Finals, and achieved the highest 3 consecutive league finishes for 50 years ?

Unless of course you disagree with this and can prove it to be incorrect.

I understand your point. Historically, and traditionally, they have not done anything. But the catchment area they have is bigger than most if they had the right people running the club.

See my post re catchment areas, it really isn't as simple as that. believe me.

Surely by your argument, MK Dons have the most potential of anyone - they've got an enormous catchment area, are between the biggest and second biggest cities in the country, and have relatively few clubs in their immediate area.

Bolton aiming high, they have tried to get Bruce and now Coleman :D Roeder may be in with a shout yet.

:lol:

It beggars belief doesn't it?  Gartside's so full of s***, Mr Big Shot Chairman reduced to trying to get Bruce....the poor old Bolton fans must be shitting themselves - worse still they've been linked to Souness as well........that's like asking whether you'd prefer to be shot or garotted with barbed wire.  If I were them I'd be praying for Jewell to get his arse off the sunbed.

If i were them i'd go for Jewell, i'm assuming they have and he's knocked it back, because he'd have taken it by now and they are publicly offer the job to other managers, more importantly managers in big contracts.

Peter Reid would be a good outside bet imo.

Jamie Redknapp seems to be holding high opinions around football atm, its only a matter of time before he follows daddy into management, but its a risk Bolton seriously cannot take right now.

There's not really a solid option for them apart from Jewell for me, and it must be the case now where he's said no and they look elsewhere.

Jamie Redknapp seems to be holding high opinions around football atm, its only a matter of time before he follows daddy into management, but its a risk Bolton seriously cannot take right now.

There's not really a solid option for them apart from Jewell for me, and it must be the case now where he's said no and they look elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, Jewell is the obvious name in the frame.....but if it was all arranged, why hasn't he taken the job already? Why are they going for the likes of Bruce and Megson? Has Jewell already knocked them back?

Either way, they're coming across as being a bit desperate and being a local lad and currently unemployed - Reid could fill in for a bit.

Good shout about Redknapp Jnr though. I hadn't even considered him but now you mention it... blueyes.gif

Don't get me wrong, Jewell is the obvious name in the frame.....but if it was all arranged, why hasn't he taken the job already? Why are they going for the likes of Bruce and Megson? Has Jewell already knocked them back?

Either way, they're coming across as being a bit desperate and being a local lad and currently unemployed - Reid could fill in for a bit.

Good shout about Redknapp Jnr though. I hadn't even considered him but now you mention it... blueyes.gif

Aye the ship has sailed for Jewell, must of, he's not going to get many EPL offers since he nearly got Wigan relegated last season, so this could be the best he gets for a while.

Very desperate, didn't realise Reid was a local lad, would be great to get him back into football, but didn't he reject a couple of offers since bowing out a few years ago? Maybe like Keegan, he's done his time.

If they hang on a month Steve McClaren will be up for grabs ;) (and TBF, he'd be about the right level for them)

Aye the ship has sailed for Jewell, must of, he's not going to get many EPL offers since he nearly got Wigan relegated last season, so this could be the best he gets for a while.

Very desperate, didn't realise Reid was a local lad, would be great to get him back into football, but didn't he reject a couple of offers since bowing out a few years ago? Maybe like Keegan, he's done his time.

If they hang on a month Steve McClaren will be up for grabs ;) (and TBF, he'd be about the right level for them)

When I say 'local lad', I mean he started his career with them and they were his first club from being a bairn.

poor response.

its not any sort of answer, nor is it meant to be. I'm simply pointing out the idiocy of those who thought that anyone but Shepherd would have been better for Newcastle. Are you - and others - trying to make out that Shepherd was so bad, simply because he made a s**** appointment in Souness [while running a club that qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4] ? Surely not.

I presume you also thought that anyone but Shepherd would have been better for the club when we qualified for the Champions League, reached 2 FA Cup Finals, and achieved the highest 3 consecutive league finishes for 50 years ?

Unless of course you disagree with this and can prove it to be incorrect.

for the sake of evereyone elses sanity i'm just gonna give up and leave you to your opinion

Steve Bruce turns the offer down!!  mackems.gif

He turned us down a few years ago too tbh.

Birmingham are a bigger club than Bolton anyway and he's likely to get more money to spend there.

that is correct. I fail to see how people can see that Birmingham haven;'t got the potential to be one of the biggest clubs in the country, it is the 2nd biggest city in the country, it has a huge supporting area, and are owned by 2 of the richest men in the UK.

Underachieving, and ran extremely poorly for decades and decades, is what I would say. I'm saying no more ..........

Utter bollocks. The same non-football logic that brought Wimbledon to Milton Keynes.

So what if they're in the 2nd city? The fact is the fan base is small and their support of the team is generally poor. It's always been that way whether they were in the top division or the lower leagues, it's not just going to change overnight  for no apparent reason after all these years.

Also, whether it's Gold & Sullivan or Yeung in charge, neither boardroom set-up has the financial muscle to be one of the best sides in the country. I'm pretty sure Randy Lerner is comfortably richer than both. Then you've got the top 4 clubs, Spurs, Man City, Newcastle, Everton, West Ham who all have bigger support, bigger financial turnover and/or richer owners.

To clarify. You think if Birmingham had good directors, and a top manager like Arsene Wenger and won some trophies, they would not fill a 60,000 stadium at least  :lol:

There is only one person talking utter bollocks here mate, and it isn't me.

They are s**** because they have been run by s**** people. End of story.

Not quite.

What I'm saying is that first of all they are not in a position to challenge for trophies, not even close to it and won't be for the foreseeable future even with the new owner and whoever they hire when Bruce eventually goes.

Secondly, even if by some miracle it does happen then no they wouldn't get 60,000 fans every week. See Chelsea for details.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2820419,00.html

Chris Coleman's agent Alan Smith has revealed the Real Sociedad manager has met with Bolton officials.

The Bolton News reported on Tuesday that the former Fulham boss is tempted by the vacant managerial post at The Reebok Stadium.

It is understood Sociedad could be willing to release Coleman from his three-year contract for around 1million euros (£700,000).

Smith has confirmed Coleman spoke to The Trotters in Spain last week, but says there has been no progress since then.

"A Bolton representative had a meeting in San Sebastien last week with Chris Coleman but as of today we've heard no more from Bolton Wanderers," he told Sky Sports News.

Total sidewards step that.  He won't take them anywhere.