Martins   Owen

B:

Given

Taylor  Rozehnal    Cacapa  N'Zogbia

Smith  Geremi  Emre  Milner

Viduka  Owen

C:

Derby 1-2 Newcastle

i can't wait until saturday and MONDAY! these international breaks drive me insane, then again i'll cry myself to sleep if we don't pick up three points at derby

i can't wait until saturday and MONDAY! these international breaks drive me insane, then again i'll cry myself to sleep if we don't pick up three points at derby

couldn't agree more.  Not often I wish a weekend over with quickly.

Given

Beye    Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Smith  N'Zogbia

Viduka      Owen

Gonna be an easy game hopefully, lets just hope our player's finishing gets better.                                                                   

Given

Taylor  Cacapa  Roze  Enrique

Milner  Smith  Geremi    Zoggy

Martins  Owen

Subs; Given, Butt, Emre, Beye, Shola,

This team will do the business, correct blend of steel and speed which will prove too much for Derby. However fully expect Sam to start with Viduka again

When/If everyone is fit Allardyce is gonna have a massive problem keeping everyone happy, some big names arent even gonna be on the bench. Its nice having some depth for a change, but it feels weird, im not used to it.

why is it that people seem to think that sam will drop viduka - i'm dead certain that he'll start (if i haven't missed some injyry story that is...)

When did any Premiership games become "easy", by the way?

Especially ones away from home to a wounded/newly-promoted side with some new signings potentially making debuts?

I know Derby have made the worst start in the league, but people need to keep their feet on the ground because these were exactly the sort of games that we'd get turned-over in when Roeder, Souness and even Robson were all here. How many of Derby's squad have been jetsetting around the world/playing two internationals in 4 days, an' all? Not as many as ours, I'd bet.

A draw wouldn't be a particularly bad result, but of course we should go for the win. Remaining unbeaten is as important as anything, if you ask me. 4 points from our next two games and I'll be well chuffed, and I'd prefer to draw at Derby and spank West Ham personally.

Guest David Kelly

If the international games taught us anything (other than Owen is on fire and has to play) it's that picking the best players doesn't necessarily mean picking the best team.

Owen played well alongside a target man in Heskey and that's the way we need to go too.  Martins and Owen won't work (especially with the other personell we have behind them) so that leaves a choice of Viduka, Shola or Smith to play with Owen.

Personally I thought Viduka looked vastly improved against Wigan (and Shola looked wank when he came on) so I would go with him assuming he's fit, if he's not I would play Smith.

It's hard luck for Martins who looks pretty sharp too but it would be stupid not to take advantage of the run Owen's on at the minute.

Especially ones away from home to a wounded/newly-promoted side with some new signings potentially making debuts?

I know Derby have made the worst start in the league, but people need to keep their feet on the ground because these were exactly the sort of games that we'd get turned-over in when Roeder, Souness and even Robson were all here. How many of Derby's squad have been jetsetting around the world/playing two internationals in 4 days, an' all? Not as many as ours, I'd bet.

A draw wouldn't be a particularly bad result, but of course we should go for the win. Remaining unbeaten is as important as anything, if you ask me. 4 points from our next two games and I'll be well chuffed, and I'd prefer to draw at Derby and spank West Ham personally.

If we draw with Derby, it'll be like the End of Days on here.

Unless we score about 4 im pretty sure there will be a few people moaning.

Guest michaelfoster

We cant play Geremi & Butt in CM together its too defensive, we need someone who can drive forward. According to physioroom.com Viduka & Babayaro are out till monday, Barton for another 2 weeks,  Carr is out till Oct, Duff till Nov & Ramage to April.

Id go with a 4-3-1-2.

Given

Enrique

Cacapa

Rozedahl

Geremi ©

N'Zogbia

Butt

Milner

Smith

Owen

Martins

Subs

Harper

Taylor

Emre

Beye

Ameobi

that would amount to a failure in that game, certainly.