Alan Smith

Dave

Same could be said for Owen.

Yakubu is fairly lazy himself aswell tbh.

Yakubu is lazy for sure but he is still a major threat. He is quick and strong and can finish in a variety of ways.

Sounds like Martins.....

Booing Smith when he got MOTM was f****** disgraceful tbh and i hope it was thick charvas and no nothing kids, if any adult booed that then they should never return to SJP as they are a disgrace to the club.

I thought the booing was for the ridiculous decision to announce a Newcastle MOTM, rather than direct criticism of Smith himself.

Booing Smith when he got MOTM was f****** disgraceful tbh and i hope it was thick charvas and no nothing kids, if any adult booed that then they should never return to SJP as they are a disgrace to the club.

I thought the booing was for the ridiculous decision to announce a Newcastle MOTM, rather than direct criticism of Smith himself.

Every instance of booing was for the decisions, not individuals.

Yakubu is lazy for sure but he is still a major threat. He is quick and strong and can finish in a variety of ways.

Sounds like Martins.....

Martins is hardly lazy, he always works his socks off

Sounds like Martins.....

I was talking more the quick, strong and can finish bit.

Still, to some it comes across as booing Smith, if Smith thinks we booed him his confidence would hit rock bottom, and thats something no one needs :lol:

Booing Smith when he got MOTM was fucking disgraceful tbh and i hope it was thick charvas and no nothing kids, if any adult booed that then they should never return to SJP as they are a disgrace to the club.

People not allowed an opinion then?

Behave yourself.

Sounds like Martins.....

Martins works but he's bloody hopeless at times. I really hope that he comes on strong after a while in the Premiership a la Benjani.

Sounds like Martins.....

Martins works but he's bloody hopeless at times. I really hope that he comes on strong after a while in the Premiership a la Benjani.

It can be frustrating watching him play, aye, but I like that he tries so hard and looks so disappointed when he fails.

Allardyce's decision to keep accommodating Smith in the team when it clearly disrupts our shape and balance will cost him his job.

Just to be clear then.

Are you saying that if Allardyce doesn't select Smith the shape of the team will be better and he'll keep his job? This would have to mean performances and results will improve by a massive amount, all for just leaving out Smith?  No, you can't be saying that because that would be daft.

Change your post to something like this makes it far more sensible....

"Allardyce's repeated decisions not to use lots of players to their strengths, to use players out of position, to set out the team with a negative attitude for 0-0 draws will cost him his job."

There. It's easy when you remove the blinkers and the hatred of a single individual.

I'm saying that Allardyce insisting on playing Smith in midfield when he's got players more suited on the bench to help with the balance of the team will cost him his job, that and other things of course, perhaps I should have added 'contribute' into my post so the fanboys don't get too upset. :weep:

Viduka is part of the problem IMO and it's been really apparent in the last few games.

If your strikers aren't pressing from the front then defenders have loads of time to pass it in triangles, amble up to the halfway line and outnumber your midfield. Emre and Butt were completely outnumbered, even though Liverpool were playing a 4-4-2.

Torres and Kuyt showed what it's all about. Every time we were in possession they were onto us straight away, we couldn't keep the ball under pressure in our own half, and in desperation we launched it long.

It was the same at the mackems. Owen and Viduka spent much of the game as spectators, but their opposite numbers were covering a lot of ground, making sure we couldn't play it out of defence with any ease.

Apart from Derby, I doubt Liverpool will have an easier away game all season. Our team has been carrying Viduka for a while IMO. Watch him closely, when we're not in possession he does nothing for the team. Butt and Emre didn't play well yesterday but in fairness to them they were often outnumbered and Liverpool had the run of the middle of the park. Unbelievable given that Sissoko was so poor.

Smith is a poor midfielder, and he's not a good goalscorer. But for a team trying to alleviate the pressure on our midfield, he will do a pressing job up front. Then maybe we'll see opposition defenders rushed into the kind of mistakes our lot are making. With Viduka strolling about up front that's just not going to happen.

Viduka is part of the problem IMO and it's been really apparent in the last few games.

If your strikers aren't pressing from the front then defenders have loads of time to pass it in triangles, amble up to the halfway line and outnumber your midfield. Emre and Butt were completely outnumbered, even though Liverpool were playing a 4-4-2.

Torres and Kuyt showed what it's all about. Every time we were in possession they were onto us straight away, we couldn't keep the ball under pressure in our own half, and in desperation we launched it long.

It was the same at the mackems. Owen and Viduka spent much of the game as spectators, but their opposite numbers were covering a lot of ground, making sure we couldn't play it out of defence with any ease.

Apart from Derby, I doubt Liverpool will have an easier away game all season. Our team has been carrying Viduka for a while IMO. Watch him closely, when we're not in possession he does nothing for the team. Butt and Emre didn't play well yesterday but in fairness to them they were often outnumbered and Liverpool had the run of the middle of the park. Unbelievable given that Sissoko was so poor.

Smith is a poor midfielder, and he's not a good goalscorer. But for a team trying to alleviate the pressure on our midfield, he will do a pressing job up front. Then maybe we'll see opposition defenders rushed into the kind of mistakes our lot are making. With Viduka strolling about up front that's just not going to happen.

Excellent point.

Very disturbing that Sam has not been able to point out something so simple. It's an absolute joke.

ive always loved yakubu, he is lazy but hes one hell of a player and wish we got him for £6million instead of smith

Defending from the front. Excellent post, again, ohmelads. This is the same - ie biggest - problem we had last season, and the better defenders haven't solved it, and never were going to solve it.

It's all about having quality footballers, who control the pace of your game. It all starts there.

We don't have the quality footballers. Someone at the club decided not to replace Dire and Solano, for whatever reason - which I would like to know - and we are paying the price for that.

ive always loved yakubu, he is lazy but hes one hell of a player and wish we got him for £6million instead of smith

I think I would have preferred Darren Bent for £6m. ;)

Good post.

He is one lazy fuck. Although I'm sure he isn't fit.

Booing Smith when he got MOTM was fucking disgraceful tbh and i hope it was thick charvas and no nothing kids, if any adult booed that then they should never return to SJP as they are a disgrace to the club.

People not allowed an opinion then?

Behave yourself.

Then the crowd should have started chanting the name of the best nufc player on the pitch.

Booing a decision made by a bunch of people from the sponsor's table just shows a lack of understanding and disrespect to a player who gave 100%. I dont rate smith but i dont get booing a motm decision. Its just mindless.

On topic, Smith was the closest to scoring yesterday and did a lot to try and up the tempo when we looked static and lacking desire.

I think he probably had our best two chances, at least I think it was him both times.

On topic, Smith was the closest to scoring yesterday and did a lot to try and up the tempo when we looked static and lacking desire.

I think he probably had our best two chances, at least I think it was him both times.

Shot at the leazes end in the first half went just wide was our best chance, then after a decent move in the second, ball was worked right and he mis-kicked going over by a yard or two.

• 2 weeks later...