Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

Fuck the international break - Let's have a week long pre match thread.

Teams and predictions in here as usual lads.

Personally i'd give Milner a rest, he's looked tired recently and desperately needs a break. Still undecided whether to play Harper or Given in nets, probably leaning towards Shay.

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Geremi Butt Emre Zog

Owen Viduka

Harper

Taylor

Rozehnal

Barton

Martins

Newcastle United 3-1 Spuds

Predicting a genuine Owen injury from the placcy pitch unfortunately - its asking for trouble playing out there if you ask me

4-3-3 for me in this one

Given

Beye - Cacapa - Roz/Faye - Jose

Barton - Geremi - Emre

Martins - Dukes/Smudge - Zog

Subs

Harper

Roz/Faye

Taylor

Dukes/Smudge

Milner

Should beat this lot, for once the pressure is off us and we've got a nice little run against them going.

3-0

Well as long as they all come back fit from international duties I would go with..

--------------------Given

Beye------Cacapa--------Roze-------Enrique

Geremi-----Barton--------Emre-------Zoggy

-------------Owen--------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Faye

Taylor

Butt

Viduka

But I think Sam will go with

---------------------Given

Beye-------Cacapa--------Faye-------Enrique

---Barton----------Geremi-----------Emre

-------Owen-------Viduka-------Zoggy

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Well as long as they all come back fit from international duties I would go with..

------------------ Given

Beye --- Taylor --- Roze --- Enrique

Geremi --- Barton --- Emre --- N'Zogbia

------------Viduka --- Martins

Subs:

Harper

Faye

Cacapa

Butt

Owen

Cant see both Emre and Barton starting this game although it would be nice. I always have a bad feelin about playin Spurs cos my best mate supports them.

Probably interchange between:

Given                                            Given

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique        Beye    Faye      Cacapa  Enrique

Geremi Butt Emre Nzogbia                    Geremi    Butt

Emre

Smith Owen                    Owen/Smith                    Nzogbia

Owen/Smith

I reckon it'l be either 3-2 or 2-1.... to us.

Don't see any chance that Barton will start let alone alongside Emre.

Team i expect:

Given

Beye        Cacapa    Faye    Enrique

Butt

Geremi       

Emre

Milner      Viduka        Owen

or:

Given

Beye      Cacapa      Faye      Enrique

Butt

Geremi

Milner                                N'Zogbia

Viduka

Owen

Close game but fancy Owen and Viduka to cause a few problems for them so prediction: 3-1.

Too optimistic some of you, spurs played (as much as i hate to say it) some class football against liverpool and i can see them giving us a rough ride.

true very true, although their defence is a joke frankly. i can see us causing them problems, but i dont think itll be a 900-0 thrashing like some people do. i can see us winning 3-2 in the final minutes though because i believe we are an excellent attacking team and although they are playing football, just because they got a draw at liverpool, doesnt mean they will come up here on a monday night and be even better. possible, but i like to think well win especially as im travelling 500 miles to see it!!

Isn't Smith suspended?

I'd go with the team in my sig. I hope we attack and don't play too defensively in midfield. Got a bad feeling about this one for some reason.

Was going to say.

I'd go for the same team, but with Roz over Faye. Might be harsh dropping Faye after he had a great game against Everton, but I still prefer the Roz

2-0 to the Toon I reckon.

More news on the Spurs front.  Paul Kemsley is resigning as Vice Chaiman.  Was a rumour that he was going to do a Dein and team up with Mike Ashley (when he sold NUFC), Philip Green (billionaire boss of BHS, Topshop etc) and Richard Caring (billionaire owner of Wentworth Golf Club amongst other interests with a views to buy out Levy.  The likelihood of that happening seems to be just about nil.

Probably more accurate is that Kemsley's nose is out of joint right now, not getting enough recognition for what he's done with the redevelopment of WHL (nothing!), sorting out the new Academy (Planning application submitted)  and excellent Annual Accounts (being released tomorrow).

I still think Levy will be selling up before the end of this season, but not to Kemsley. 

2-0 to the Toon I reckon.

More news on the Spurs front.  Paul Kemsley is resigning as Vice Chaiman.  Was a rumour that he was going to do a Dein and team up with Mike Ashley (when he sold NUFC), Philip Green (billionaire boss of BHS, Topshop etc) and Richard Caring (billionaire owner of Wentworth Golf Club amongst other interests with a views to buy out Levy.  The likelihood of that happening seems to be just about nil.

Probably more accurate is that Kemsley's nose is out of joint right now, not getting enough recognition for what he's done with the redevelopment of WHL (nothing!), sorting out the new Academy (Planning application submitted)  and excellent Annual Accounts (being released tomorrow).

I still think Levy will be selling up before the end of this season, but not to Kemsley. 

What an awful, awful rumour. Ashley is a lifelong toon fan we'll have you know. ;)

I think he'll stick to 4-4-2. Hope so, anyway; it was a pleasant surprise to see a more balanced starting eleven against Everton.

Viduka and Owen in for Smith and Martins, rest unchanged IMO.

i would go with 4-4-2

...................................given...................................

beye..........rozehnal.................cacapa...........enrique

milner.........barton....................butt...............n'zogbia

..................FAB.........................owen.....................

subs

harper

taylor

geremi

emre

martins

Harper

Beye  Roz  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Emre  Faye  N'Zogbia

Martins Viduka

BUTT SAM WONT DROP HIS CAPTAIN...EVEN THOUGH HES BEEN SHITE!

Jolly, what sort of team will you put out?

There were a few carrying knocks, how fit they are now I don't know.  About the only certainties are Robbo in goal and Berbatov and Keane up front.  My guess for the other 8 would be

Chimbonda-Dawson-Kaboul-Lee

Malbranque-Hudd-Zokora-Bale

Too many players with fluctuating form to see anything other than a home win.  If they all played up to their Anfield form we'd have a good chance, but they're too erratic to have optimism on that scale.