Hartlepool's Michael Maidens dies in car crash aged 20

PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/7043096.stm

Hartlepool's 20-year-old midfield man Michael Maidens has died in a road traffic accident.

Pools' game at Swansea and the club's youth team fixture on Saturday have been called off as a mark of respect to the player and his family.

Maidens made his Hartlepool debut at Blackpool in September 2005 and appeared in 22 games in that season.

He played seven games last term and had been hoping to force his way into regular contention this term.

Maidens was a passenger in a vehicle which lost control and smashed into a metal post near the Greystones roundabout on the A174 at 8.25pm on Friday night, police have reported.

A club spokesman said: "Michael Maidens was tragically killed in a road traffic accident last night.

"It has been mutually decided that our game with Swansea be postponed and that has the full backing of the Football League."

:(

Guest DazzaNufc1892

was in a serious crash myself recently, lucky to get out the way i did. Scary how easy n flimsy life is when it comes to losing it. Things like this make us all put things into perspective. Best wishes to his family and friends, may all become easier for you in time.

was in a serious crash myself recently, lucky to get out the way i did. Scary how easy n flimsy life is when it comes to losing it. Things like this make us all put things into perspective. Best wishes to his family and friends, may all become easier for you in time.

Same here.

RIP

Same here.

RIP

agreed. poor bloke rip