Steve McClaren

Dave

Carver is at the very bottom of my list, and the person who is just ahead of him is McClaren. I would much rather take a chance on some random nobody than "Steady Schteve".

Sacked by Derby f***ing County, yet good enough to be the man you see as being capable of "winning something" or getting us into the champions league. Really ??

I see what you're saying, but Rodgers was sacked by Reading after nearly taking them into League One the year we came up and look where he is now.

Sacked by Derby f***ing County, yet good enough to be the man you see as being capable of "winning something" or getting us into the champions league. Really ??

I see what you're saying, but Rodgers was sacked by Reading after nearly taking them into League One the year we came up and look where he is now.

Ruining Liverpool?

(not a serious post, well ever so slightly)

"The likes of Remi Garde, Christophe Galtier and Michael Laudrup, who were all considered in January, are likely to be approached"

Eh, Galtier just signed a new contract, didn't he?

"The likes of Remi Garde, Christophe Galtier and Michael Laudrup, who were all considered in January, are likely to be approached as a smokescreen as John Carver already has the job and has signed Peter Lovenkrands - Newcastle's only business of the summer, following Mike Ashley's pledge to "continue to invest" in the North-East club.

More like it.

Guest taps01

"The likes of Remi Garde, Christophe Galtier and Michael Laudrup, who were all considered in January, are likely to be approached"

Eh, Galtier just signed a new contract, didn't he?

Think he has been offered a new contract but hasnt signed anything.

Wilson's most recent effort in the Echo has us reopening talks with him this week

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/12973349.Charnley_set_to_open_talks_with_McClaren/

And Craig Hope in the mail (in Sunderland article) reckons McClaren could go to mackems and that he is not going to talk to us

we lose every everytime there's a "fight" for a manager so can only hope sunderland are interested, though I seriously doubt it

Might have a bit of potential but I'm not convinced he's much better than what we have at the moment. The likes of Anita/Colback/Abeid would look like world beaters in the Championship too.

Really not keen on McLaren.  It would be such an uninspiring choice.

Everyone says he is a very good coach and puts on good sessions but does this mean that you are good at developing and really improving players?  I don't see that he has left any great legacy at former clubs or hear of players crediting him with their development.

Would scream out that there is a lack of ambition and they are content to do just enough to get by and I would see us as no more than a bottom half team flirting with relegation battles.  Especially as other teams are being so much more ambitious and imaginative with their managerial appointments.

FWIW I think McClaren would be a decent appointment, and being entirely honest, when we appointed Sherwood I'd have preferred McClaren.

He's done well here, gone into the England job - a job which has defeated almost every manager ever to take it - gone back and done well in Holland, done a decent job at Derby.

He's a coach with a pretty good record. I know pretty good is a bit uninspiring, but it's better than Vieira who is a coach with no record.

FWIW I think McClaren would be a decent appointment, and being entirely honest, when we appointed Sherwood I'd have preferred McClaren.

He's done well here, gone into the England job - a job which has defeated almost every manager ever to take it - gone back and done well in Holland, done a decent job at Derby.

He's a coach with a pretty good record. I know pretty good is a bit uninspiring, but it's better than Vieira who is a coach with no record.

:anguish: