Steve McClaren

Dave

Gets the eight year deal and a million quid bonus if we win a cup according to tomorrow's rags.

Jesus. They never ever learn do they? What is this obsession with long contracts?

When McClaren left [sJP] some four hours later, having conducted cosy interviews with preferred media partners only, he confirmed to Sportsmail that he was not allowed to speak to the independent press.

If only he had some kind of influence in a decision-making body of the club that could change this. Something like a board of directors maybe?

Gets the eight year deal and a million quid bonus if we win a cup according to tomorrow's rags.

Jesus. They never ever learn do they? What is this obsession with long contracts?

If he wins a cup, I'd happily see him get an 80 year contract and I'd give him handjobs for life.

If there even is one small positive to be taken it's that McClaren won't stand on the touchline and call the person in the opposite dugout, who has achieved a lot more than him, a cunt, like.

My blood's beginning to boil a little thinking back to what an utter twat Pardew was.

It's about the only thing I'm genuinely pleased about, the fact McClaren seems a decent man.

If anything, I hope the confirmation of this appointment will put an end to my weekly dreams where I encounter Pardew in public - but bottle giving him a load of s***.

Ronaldo beats him to an inch of his life then wakes up. Poor form, Yorkie.

:lol: What was your Pardew dream again? I remember cracking the f*** up.

Had a dream last night I was looking after Mike Willamson's dog, the dog had a tattoo. That is all.

I had a dream/nightmare last night that I was managing a kids' football team and Alan Pardew was managing the opposition.  We just had markers for goalposts and their goalkeeper kept on moving the markers so their goal was smaller and therefore it'd be more difficult to score, I confronted Pardew and he said "I don't care mate, the press aren't going to report this, it's a bladdy kids' game" and I went "Well that's just you all over, isn't it, you c***".  He just smiled.  He was a right prick like, was fuming.

:lol:

Love how the dream was in the off season when the World Cup was on too :lol:

aren't they saying 3 years can be extended to 8?  which is basically what pardew and his gaggle of cunts should have had :lol:

If he wins a cup, I'd happily see him get an 80 year contract and I'd give him handjobs for life.

See, people always say stuff like this but it's thoroughly daft as a concept.

I suspect the club will probably pay some poor wages to managers/staff and they make up for it by dangling the carrot of a long contract.

Carver got 1 million for 5 years of contract? 200 000/year seems quite on the low side for the assistant manager of a premier league side, and a quite established one at that.

:anguish:

"McClaren has immediately challenged the club to “deliver” on Ashley's end of season promise to invest in the squad.

He said: “When I look at the statement made by Mike Ashley at the end of last season - football fans get disillusioned with what is going on - and what he came out with was very forthright, very driven, very determined.

“Great message: 'I am not leaving this football club until we have won something.' That is one hell of a statement to make. I thought, 'Okay. That is great.'"

:facepalm:

How does I am not leaving this football club until we have won something equate to "I want this club to win something and will do everything within my power to make it happen" FFS? To me, it simply means "this club hasn't won anything for 60 years, so I will be here forever harvesting it, and may even stay in the unlikely event that the club win something under my watch"

You just know that if we get to a cup semifinals/finals, Ashley will sabotage the team specifically so he doesn't have to pay this out :lol:

aren't they saying 3 years can be extended to 8?  which is basically what pardew and his gaggle of cunts should have had :lol:

The concept of contractual reward for cup success is completely bizarre to me. League is everything as far as the manager goes, for clubs that aren't desperate to win the Champions League anyway.

If Liverpool had kept Dalglish after 2011-12, where they won one domestic trophy and came runner-up in the other, everyone would still be laughing now.

The concept of contractual reward for cup success is completely bizarre to me. League is everything as far as the manager goes, for clubs that aren't desperate to win the Champions League anyway.

If Liverpool had kept Dalglish after 2011-12, where they won one domestic trophy and came runner-up in the other, everyone would still be laughing now.

does it say somewhere it's all linked to cups like?  not seen that, just literally 3 years extendable

does it say somewhere it's all linked to cups like?  not seen that, just literally 3 years extendable

In the post I quoted, you melon. :razz:

I can't understand the ban of the rest of the media. I presume this is because of negative stories published previously?

Thing is by banning them,your asking them to publish even more negativity.Think of the audience the BBC get for example,surely it's not a wise decision to tempt them to write bad things about the club.

Positives:

He seems quite likeable

He's an actual manager

He's bringing in actual staff with ability

There's an incentive to win a trophy

He's our best manager in 7 years

This hasn't dragged on all summer (just six bloody months!)

Noises about spending serious money

Hey, this could and probably will backfire, he could become Pardew II in time. The Ashley regime has a record intentionally misleading us with their PR bullshit. But I'm desperate to like my club again and am willing to give McClaren time to earn my hate. We could've done a lot better but tend to do a lot worse. Let's try and dwell on the positives, even if it's with an asterisk.

I can't understand the ban of the rest of the media. I presume this is because of negative stories published previously?

Thing is by banning them,your asking them to publish even more negativity.Think of the audience the BBC get for example,surely it's not a wise decision to tempt them to write bad things about the club.

Aren't they obligated to speak to the BBC? Going to be interesting to see how they deal with it going forward - in pre-match press conferences, are they going to have Wendy Taylor shooting down each and every question from everyone else? ???

In the post I quoted, you melon. :razz:

:pokerface: ahem...well yeah in that case it's bollocks, almost like the people in charge are clueless

One of those articles claims £40m on six new players. That's a massive £6.7m per player. The quality of players that money tends to buy will definitely move you from 15th to 8th :thup:

One of those articles claims £40m on six new players. That's a massive £6.7m per player. The quality of players that money tends to buy will definitely move you from 15th to 8th :thup:

Don't forget to take away money for the wages. :thup: