Steve McClaren

Dave

That ball's fucking shite.

:lol: They really went all out.

Apparently he had to visit the club shop to get.

Awkward stand off as he was made to pay for it as well.

Blurg, never going to get an exciting coach. Anyway I will give him a chance to get us playing some better football, hopefully we will now get on with signing players

:lol: :lol:

We're fucked whoever's manager tbh

He seemed well up for it, and if we can improve the squad I think he'll do well.

Why wouldn't he be up for it?  It was us or the dole, he wasn't up for it as recently as a few weeks ago.  It's us or the dole so he's up for it.  :lol:

Let's just give him a chance pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

No.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It's either that or stop watching again, I didn't have the energy to maintain my level of hatred for Pardew/Carver, just couldn't watch. Not expecting miracles, just fancy watching us trying to beat another team at football.

3 years with an option of another 5. Also said by charnley targeting top 8 and trying to win a cup

WAT :lol:

What does that mean? Option of another 5?

Exactly what it says. If he keeps us in the league and licks arse as well as Pardew did, he'll be rewarded with award himself a longer contract.

If he's left with last season's squad - we're fucked.  Wait and see who comes in and who departs then judge him.  I think he's the best we can get at the moment.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It's either that or stop watching again, I didn't have the energy to maintain my level of hatred for Pardew/Carver, just couldn't watch. Not expecting miracles, just fancy watching us trying to beat another team at football.

I've got nothing against him other than he hasn't been appointed on merit and shouldn't be here, it's not his fault we're shite and have no ambition.  We'll spend some money this year but only because we have to as we need to get away from the relegation zone, a position we should have never been in. 

I've got nothing against him other than he hasn't been appointed on merit and shouldn't be here, it's not his fault we're shite and have no ambition.  We'll spend some money this year but only because we have to as we need to get away from the relegation zone, a position we should have never been in. 

He has, to be fair, but we don't share the same ambitions for the club with those who appointed him.

I don't think he'll be happy with just 'getting by' here either. This is the first time in nearly 8 years he's back in the full media spotlight. He'll want to prove to everyone he's not just the Wally with the Brolly that the wider audience will still view him as.

If he's left with last season's squad - we're f***ed.  Wait and see who comes in and who departs then judge him.  I think he's the best we can get at the moment.

I don't agree, if the club was ambitious we could and would do a lot better than McClaren.

Guest Howaythetoon

This is Ashley's Shepherd and Big Sam moment. A realisation that things have to change, that the past cannot continue. But unlike with FS, Ashley has no ambition for NUFC outside of how he wants the club to operate. The clash of interests if you like will meet head on at some point and there is only ever going to be one winner.

I will go on record here and now and state that McClaren will resign within the next 2 years. He has bought into this so-called new vision and new NUFC, as have lots of fans it sadly seems, but Ashley only cares about two things - SD and the huge revenues from TV that enables him to run NUFC without having to put his own money into things and the guaranteed huge exposure for SD through the millions watching.

Talk of the top 8 and cups and punching above our weight financially are soundbites penned by Kieth Bishop and aimed at the sad sacks who want to believe in that, which by the way is deeply sad given finishing 5th under Sir Bobby was once regarded as not good enough.

Support McClaren and this 'new' NUFC and all you are doing us deluding yourself further. Meet the new boss.... same as the old boss?

I won't be fooled again! Never!