Steve McClaren

Dave

Paul Robinson on 5Live said having played for both Allardyce and McClaren, he is confident that Sunderland will stay up.

:lol:

The irony that England would probably have went to Euro 2008 if Robinson hadn't been keeper. (Thinking Croatia away mainly)

The national football journalists all seem to be of the consensus that while McClaren is a good coach, he's not a good manager. His former players seem to be of the same opinion. How many players will come out and speak negatively against their former managers? Charnley's signed a dud and this is what comes of having unqualified people in charge of recruitment.

Every season (we've been close to the bottom) it's the same old shite. We all hope the hammer will fall on the failing manager, but it never does. Carver was record breaking bad, yet he stayed. Pardew was disastrous, yet he stayed.

This cunt is going nowhere and it's the same old wait it out, ready to repeat next year. It's fucking boring.

I can't get my head around MA's refusal to acknowledge the importance of high-end managerial investment.

Control. Most worth a damn would want it and Ashley wouldn't give it. It's why we end up with never has beens like the clown we've got now.

No chance we will sack him. We're stuck with him until he wants to leave, like Pardew.

Then Championship here we come and it will be deserved without a doubt.

His Derby team were the best ever seen in the Championship though.

Yeah true I forgot about that  :laugh2: :laugh2: :cheesy: :cheesy:

The situation is getting desperate this time around for Ashley though. Relegation and he misses out on the lucrative new Tv money. Clutching straws more than ever now but that's the only hope I have left in the club.

McClaren has been spared the abuse and hounding of from the fans at the level of the protest Pardew faced. Think he might not be able to take that kind of heat seeing his past record.

There's not been 1 single report since yesterday's game questioning McClaren's future or any potential change in that position in the media. At least none that I'm aware of.

Article from Chris Waugh in the Chronicle does. Only that one though I think.

only villa are guaranteed to go down. can see us finishing above Norwich but not sunderland. the rest are too far ahead for us to catch.

mcclaren needs to go but I think it's too late to affect this season.

he needs sacking just for getting us into this position. doesn't matter who comes in as we'll still have the remnants of a squad good enough to get us promoted again.

I want him gone because he's shit not because it will save our season.

One thing this regime wont be, is pressured into decisions by fans and/or media.

So its probably a good thing that the crowd and press aren't calling for his head.

Ashley's probably more likely to do it, if he thinks eveyones happy, sorry, content with Schteve.

From the Chronicle:

McClaren looked a beaten man as he prowled the touchline during the closing stages, and you have to wonder if his days are numbered.

There’s an 18-day gap now before United play again - the perfect time to make a change, perhaps?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-given-more-time-10890823

Quick to change it round. Those bellends will write anything.

Ashley needs to choose now. Gamble, or lose most of the recent investment and the incoming TV revenue.

Its really that simple for him. If he has seriously stepped away from footballing matters like he claims, then Charnley & Co are running a big big risk with McClaren.

Firmly believe Ashley will do anything and everything to avoid going down. He's been forced to throw £80m at the squad, hire a new manager and coaching staff and relegation looks odds on at this stage. Away games are basically a write-off and the only thing he can possibly do to avoid relegation is bin McClaren, I don't think he particularly wants to and he'd much rather muddle along but here we are. Ashley's now staring down the barrel and I think he'll sack him out of sheer desperation and greed as we sink lower and lower. 

We need a Keegan type manager to come in at this late stage and inspire the team to victories I don't think there is anyone out there to do that

We need a Keegan type manager to come in at this late stage and inspire the team to victories I don't think there is anyone out there to do that

Bar Keegan who would never come back, whilst Ashley is in charge. I suggested it last night among my mates on FB, and was laughed at.

That's what everyone said the last two times

Yep, and they're still right. The amusing thing for me is that if a miracle happened and Ashley managed to get Kev back it would give Ashley the chance to repair his relationship with the fans once and for all. Personally I could forgive him all of his mistakes as owner, it's his treatment of Keegan and how it ended last time that makes me unable to fully take him in to the fold of our club as it stands.