Steve McClaren

Dave

I hope people aren't serious about expecting a statement one way or the other tonight or tomorrow? Don't do it to yourself man, they don't give a flying fuck and will be hoping this whole thing blows over as they always do. Sacking him would essentially be a massive admission of failure by all involved, it's not going to happen.

The word 'boozer' was the most significant word in that post.

p*ssed.

I know....foreign channel (French I believe) "Breaking news" as well.

Wait you're serious? :lol:

If only. He does like the city though - said several times.

The problem with Moyes or any decent manager with credibility is that they'll want control and Ashley just hasn't been prepared to offer/allow that. It'd take a sea change in attitude for this to happen but I guess the risk of missing out on over a 100m of tv money next season may swing it (finally).

The word 'boozer' was the most significant word in that post.

p*ssed.

I know....foreign channel (French I believe) "Breaking news" as well.

Wait you're serious? :lol:

If only. He does like the city though - said several times.

That's it settled then. He'll come and do it for Sir Bobby (shit, Carver flash backs)

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/085/654/Mourinho_Robson_original.jpg?1380213945

I hope people aren't serious about expecting a statement one way or the other tonight or tomorrow? Don't do it to yourself man, they don't give a flying f*** and will be hoping this whole thing blows over as they always do. Sacking him would essentially be a massive admission of failure by all involved, it's not going to happen.

No hiding from the failure, whether 'admitted' or not. Only hope for credibility (that word just doesn't seem appropriate now, when applied to any part of our once mediocre but credible club) is to identify and act on the problem as they see it now. Not what they wanted, predicted, or hoped for. Get over it and deal with it.

I hope people aren't serious about expecting a statement one way or the other tonight or tomorrow? Don't do it to yourself man, they don't give a flying fuck and will be hoping this whole thing blows over as they always do. Sacking him would essentially be a massive admission of failure by all involved, it's not going to happen.

Ashley has a lot of money on the line, Charnley's job is on the line. I think they're shitting themselves.

I hope people aren't serious about expecting a statement one way or the other tonight or tomorrow? Don't do it to yourself man, they don't give a flying f*** and will be hoping this whole thing blows over as they always do. Sacking him would essentially be a massive admission of failure by all involved, it's not going to happen.

Ashley has a lot of money on the line, Charnley's job is on the line. I think they're shitting themselves.

I'd be surprised if it's even registering with them that we are knee deep in it. Unfathomable you say? Just look at the fan forum minutes.

I'd be surprised if it's even registering with them that we are knee deep in it. Unfathomable you say? Just look at the fan forum minutes.

A lot of those fans forums minutes as pr fluff mind.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/06/david-moyes-rafa-benitez-wait-newcastle-crisis-talks-steve-mcclaren-future

Crisis talks are taking place at Newcastle United with directors debating whether to sack Steve McClaren and whom they might replace him with. David Moyes’s name is believed to have figured prominently in discussions and Rafa Benítez has previously expressed discreet interest in one of English football’s most challenging posts.

Second bottom in the Premier League and in real danger of relegation, Newcastle suffered a fifth defeat in six games when they lost 3-1 at home to Bournemouth on Saturday. McClaren has told Lee Charnley, the club’s managing director, he would like a chance to put things right and believes he is still the right man to keep the team in the Premier League but the final decision rests with Mike Ashley, the owner.

Steve McClaren’s position weakened further as Bournemouth beat Newcastle

Read more

Ashley is heavily influenced by Keith Bishop, a London based public relations executive who has long advised the sports retail tycoon and was at St James’ Park to see the surrender against Eddie Howe’s side.

Charnley, who drove McClaren’s appointment as John Carver’s successor last summer, has an interest in the former England coach making an ultimate success of things on Tyneside but, with 10 games remaining, now is probably Newcastle’s last chance to make a managerial change. Should they be relegated, Charnley’s own position would be in severe jeopardy.

If the club are unlikely to be influenced by the St James’ crowd having turned against McClaren, let alone critical media analysis of his tenure, they are mindful that dropping into the Championship would mean losing countless millions in television revenue facilitated by the new top-tier broadcast deal commencing next season.

Many Newcastle fans would like to see Benítez, available after his dismissal by Real Madrid, take charge at Gallowgate. Ashley, though, may find Benítez too challenging for his liking and is said to have a preference for the similarly unemployed Moyes, the former Everton, Manchester United and Real Sociedad manager. It is understood that he would be extremely interested in any vacancy.

Other potential – and immediately available – candidates include Brendan Rodgers, out of work since parting with Liverpool, and Nigel Pearson, Claudio Ranieri’s predecessor at Leicester. Pearson previously served as assistant manager at St James’ Park under Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce but Ashley was said to have admired Rodgers’ work at Anfield.

McClaren, who has two years outstanding on his contract, is adamant he will not resign. Asked if he and the players could come through his present travails, he said: “Absolutely, I don’t give up. I don’t want to give up. I have no self-doubt whatsoever. But the decision is out of my hands, for other people to make.”

I've just been told Messi is willing to take a pay cut to join us when his contract expires. Is it true?

botched in translation i'm afraid - he said he's willing to take a pay cut to join us when he expires.