Steve McClaren

Dave

That tuft on the front of his head is getting more and more isolated from the rest of his hair with every goal we concede.

Guest antz1uk

I don't think there was anything offensive about his judgement today. For a start, he was always gonna go with the same team after a decent performance last week.

As for the other contentious points; A - like f*** is he gonna sub his only RB off. B - he went for damage limitation, which appears worrying on the surface given the relentless negativity we've suffered in recent times, but taking this as an individual case, it wasn't a horrific decision. The game is almost certainly gone, so keep it tight and don't concede any more - maybe we'll nick one on the break.

I'm hoping that, at the moment, he's going with functional lineups to engage the lads in a bit of continuity and organisation, before blending our flair players into an established system a few weeks in.

Just got to move on after today. We weren't getting a point out of that the moment Janmaat had his moment of idiocy.

Why the hell is he starting with Obertan? there's just no excuse for it, especially when we've got AArons there and we've already seen the quality he's got, he attacks the ball, runs at defenders and isn't frightened of having a shot. This Obertan thing really has got me baffled, even from the sidelines over previous seasons anyone can see he is useless

I read something a few days ago where McClaren talked about Obertan and he seemed to like the defensive job he supposedly did on Southampton's left-back. There was other things said too but I remember that specifically. Plus he got the assist which gives him an easy 'excuse' as it were

Here it is

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-reveals-reasons-fielding-9827720

I read something a few days ago where McClaren talked about Obertan and he seemed to like the defensive job he supposedly did on Southampton's left-back. There was other things said too but I remember that specifically. Plus he got the assist which gives him an easy 'excuse' as it were

Think it was in terms of Obertan tying Cedric up with his speed. Just completely disregarding our other speedy, but much better winger. And Aoyze.

It's been 2 games, and he's been left with squad coached by a bunch of complete fuckwits and used to being hoyed out on the field and told to get on with it for 90 mins. It's going to take time and the more patience that can be afforded the better imo. Expectations are pretty low anyway tbh, but I have faith he'll recognise the deficiencies in talentless no-marks like Obertan soon enough.

He's right about the ten men thing, there's no doubt about it tbh.

It didn't really change the game though. We looked poor right from the start. We would of course have better chances with eleven men, but it's a part of the game. It's not impossible to get something out of a game with ten men.

Guest antz1uk

He's another one of these coaches that is negative when it comes to opposition. Wish we would get someone pro active instead of reactive

He's right about the ten men thing, there's no doubt about it tbh.

It didn't really change the game though. We looked poor right from the start. We would of course have better chances with eleven men, but it's a part of the game. It's not impossible to get something out of a game with ten men.

It isn't, you're right, but it's bloody hard when you're 1 down and down to ten for as long as we were.

Forget today and move on for me, we always knew we has a very tough start, and fixing last seasons mess is going to be a long process.

Some serious overreacting going on on this board (both positive or negative).

Truth is, it's waaaayy to early to judge his team...especially not after a game when we effectively out of it after 40 mins.

Yep. Spot on.

What is worrying is that we didn't appear to have any sort of game plan today or if we did the players completely ignored it. The sending off was stupid but the fact is that we were all over the place well before then and teams a lot worse than Swansea would have beaten us on that showing. You can't go away from home and not compete.