Steve McClaren

Dave

We need to let the man have his fun with Obertan.

He won't play him if he starts stinking up, so it's just a matter of letting it play out. As things stand the guy contributed to a good result for us, so we have to let it ride out.

Obertan has no confidence or self belief. McClaren has the personality to get the best out of these types, so it will be interesting to see what happens with him being given a chance.

Ultimately though, I'm looking forward to Cabella and Aarons getting a run in that position, and being afforded the same encouragement.

Seeing Anita and Obertan in the first game, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how some of our other guys look after having worked with the new team for a good while now. Rviere, Cabella and Marveaux in particular.

The only guy I have completely written off, and want to see no part of is Mike Williamson.

Argh! And maybe Gouffran too, unless he is used upfront. On the wing, no more.

I'm certain Obertan is one of those that can look great in training. Big, strong and quick. Decent first touch. Just look at his cross for the goal, that's excellent delivery. No pressure on the training ground i'm sure the tricks come out.

I can see how a manager could think he offers more than Gouffran or Jonas. But Aarons? No way.

Probably an intelligent lad too.

If Obertan is still starting games for us in December I'll be amazed. McClaren just hasn't seen enough of him yet to realise it's not his speed or talent that will let him down, it's his absolute lack of heart and courage to make use of them in a pressure situation.

I'm also utterly convinced Shola Ameobi is an ace fella. February 4th, snowing. Shola pulls up to training bang on time with a smile and without being annoying in the slightest. As soon as the coaching staff see him, he brightens up their day. And the general moral of the squad.

Say what?  :ben:

I'm also utterly convinced Shola Ameobi is an ace fella. February 4th, snowing. Shola pulls up to training bang on time with a smile and without being annoying in the slightest. As soon as the coaching staff see him, he brightens up their day. And the general moral of the squad.

:kinnear:

He's not actually wrong, thing is he's mentally a child and shows absolutely no bravery.

Really? "Terrific talent"?

Technically he is talented, he just has no brain or bravery to actually put it to use.

Technically he is not talented at all. He can run fast and this is it. He has a pidgeon chest which may mean he has a bit of strength, but his lack of heart prevents him from using it in a game.

I bet he looks f***ing great against the cones in training, the bloke is a f***ing torrid excuse for a footballer and would be lucky to be playing for a League 1 side, let alone Newcastle United. f*** him.

He's not actually wrong, thing is he's mentally a child and shows absolutely no bravery.

Really? "Terrific talent"?

Technically he is talented, he just has no brain or bravery to actually put it to use.

Technically he is not talented at all. He can run fast and this is it. He has a pidgeon chest which may mean he has a bit of strength, but his lack of heart prevents him from using it in a game.

I bet he looks f***ing great against the cones in training, the bloke is a f***ing torrid excuse for a footballer and would be lucky to be playing for a League 1 side, let alone Newcastle United. f*** him.

Eh? that's all i said, he has certain things going for him but doesn't have the heart or brain to use them properly.

Don't agree with McClaren at all but totally understand him trying to big him up publically. He's clearly trying to build the lad's confidence.

Have no expectation of it working but can see why he's doing it.