P 15

W 2

D 1

L 12

F 7

A 33

GD -26

Horrific!

Both wins were complete smash and grabs too!

Ashley cares not. He's cheap.

Said it before and will say it again...if we drop I hope we don't come back up.

The last manager we sacked was Hughton, allegedly for backing the players on a bonus that they were owed by the fat man.  A manager who was popular with the players and fans who was performing better than the clowns we've had for the last four seasons.  Go figure that one out.

Genuinely cant believe hes still in a job this morning.

its blatant that the players have no belief in him and are not motivated or inspired to perform at all. if I had £100m  to lose here he'd be gone long before now. Almost anybody, even one of the players, would be a better option, its gone so badly wrong.

He is just dull and uninspiring he makes me want to jump in front of a bus when I hear his pre/post match pressers, I cant even listen to anything else he says.

sort it out you idiots.

I've got the hate for him now. His post match ramblings are totally embarrassing as was his laughing after we got stuffed at Chelsea and that's before you mention his team and tactics.

Aye - he's doing himself no favours with his constantly repetitive and annoying patter. Penfold is too weak to intervene so we need the fat man to get involved.

It would only ever be Ashley's decision anyway.

This football board is a joke that's been thrown together to give some illusion of management, hierarchy and/or structure when, ultimately, none of them matter. Only MA matters.

My gut feeling is that he'll get the bullet after we lose this Saturday.

Ashley is inherently a gambler and he'll not go down without a final roll of the dice imho.

We can all point to the joke of last season and how he acted then but I think this year is very different and for a number of reasons:

1) Last year, we were only ever 'one' win away and that was with about 10 games to go. The fact it never came created a situation that none of them were expecting. The Carver Tailspin wasn't something they foresaw imho.

2) Even with the above in mind, they did actually try to get SMc to take the job with three (!) games to go. They wanted to change the situation. It didn't happen and they continued to gamble on the one win coming. They got lucky. He will know that.

3) He's given a very public statement of intent and he knows that's going to be thrown in his face for eternity if we go down. You might not think he's arsed about that. I happen to think that he will be. He's already shown that he takes criticism very personally.

4) He's allowed the club to spend money this last season and they've bought badly. I get everyone saying 'the money was ours anyway', 'should have done it years ago' etc etc but, ultimately, he's got 100% control of the purse strings and he's given the knackers the authorisation to spend it. He's not done that with the intention of being relegated. He's done that with the intention of consolidating and staying up for the TV money/prestige for SD advertising.

5) Clearly, they haven't appreciated the serious threat of relegation (see numerous positive press statements from club personnel and also the Fans Forum minutes). That threat is becoming a real reality for them and last season, where he was effectively forced to front the crisis by the SSN mock interview) will still be very sore imho. He'll not be happy at all that we are in this situation ESPECIALLY when he's allowed them to spend money.

I think, in his mind, there were some mitigating factors for last season and that's why the likes of Charnley etc kept their jobs.

This season, he's given them authorisation to administer the club on his behalf with the sole intention, the minimum requirement, of survival.

He will know that the writings on the wall and that, this year, more than ever before it will reflect entirely on him.

He'll roll the dice. He's going to be left with no choice.

Whatever happens this year, and I think we'll go down, I'm almost sure Charnley etc have written their own P45's with their babysitting of his asset.

Absolute cunt.  Getting towards Pardew and Carver levels of hatred.

What the fuck was our plan?  Like every away game, we just punt the ball up the pitch, try and attack with Sissoko and Janmaat and try to keep it tight at the back.  We created our first real, genuine chance in the 92nd minute.  After he just threw players on, in a desperate attempt to get something from the game.  What entertainment.  Elliot was time wasting from about the 30th minute and all.

The fact is.  He watched Sissoko stink the pitch out and never thought that maybe he should take him off.  He brought Riviere on, to do what exactly?  Hold the ball up so we can cling on to a 0-0?  He started Gouffran, another player that shouldn't even be in the matchday squad, the same as Riviere.  Colback and Shelvey starting in centre mid is actually painful to watch.  They're probably the most immobile pairing in the league.  No Saivet, Perez or Aarons in the starting XI?  Wijnaldum was marginally better than usual, but still can't get involved enough to actually influence a game.

It was all wrong from the get go.  Then, when we actually had a chance of nicking something from the game.  Due to the conditions and Stoke also being equally as shite.  His answer is to bring on some absolute shithouse, who seems to be allergic to scoring goals.  He never makes changes until it's far too late and when he does, often gets it wrong anyway.  He sets us up wrong every time we play away.  Hence the pathetic record. 

Fuck it.  End the season now and relegate us.  Like a lame, wounded animal, we want putting down. 

I doubt we'll make it to the last game and go with a whimper. The impending firesale will be interesting if nothing else. Might get rid of some of the heartless twats.

Will be left with the likes of Gouffran, Obertan, Rivierre, etc. The shite no-one else will want.

I don't hate him at all and the Pardew comparison is very harsh for me. Last nights tactics and team selection was what we had almost every single game for years under Pardew yet he had the balls to re-write history and blame us for it.

That said, I woke up half an hour or so before the alarm clock this morning absolutely livid about that shambles last night. That was comfortably the worst team selection, tactics and subs I've seen since Pardew was at his worst. Stoke were there for the taking and McClaren was crippled by fear. I almost felt sorry for him doubled over sat on the bench almost praying. He's lost it. He's given it his best shot but that sort of defeatest, no balls performance will comfortably see us down.

Someone needs to step in because if we fail to beat Bournemouth there is absolutely no way we'll get 5 wins from those remaining games.

I could get behind McClaren when we were going for games but missing chances. That's why people didn't turn on him because despite the result you could see things were better. I can't support whatever that was last night.

I doubt we'll make it to the last game and go with a whimper. The impending firesale will be interesting if nothing else. Might get rid of some of the heartless t***s.

Will be left with the likes of Gouffran, Obertan, Rivierre, etc. The s**** no-one else will want.

Obertan is thankfully out of contract. Think Gouffran and Riviere would struggle in the Championship. Hope we give the kids a go when we inevitably drop. Would much prefer to see the likes of Armstrong. Resigned to it now - can't see anyway we can stay up unless McClaren is sacked now.

He won't keep us up but we might still stay up.

Relying now on basically Janmaat, Shelvey, Sissoko, Wijnaldum & Mitrovic playing like they did in the last 2-3 home games, for the 4 key home games against the other bottom 7 sides. Playing Ayoze would be handy too.

Was way wrong about McClaren. We're relying on those 5 or 6.

I thought he would be poor but he's even worse. I don't think we've ever spent this long in the bottom 3 in the PL.

We've actually played some nice stuff at home at times.  Never translated that away. Don't see us stringing together a run to pull us away from danger. Stick with Steve and we slowly sink.

I don't hate him at all and the Pardew comparison is very harsh for me. Last nights tactics and team selection was what we had almost every single game for years under Pardew yet he had the balls to re-write history and blame us for it.

That said, I woke up half an hour or so before the alarm clock this morning absolutely livid about that shambles last night. That was comfortably the worst team selection, tactics and subs I've seen since Pardew was at his worst. Stoke were there for the taking and McClaren was crippled by fear. I almost felt sorry for him doubled over sat on the bench almost praying. He's lost it. He's given it his best shot but that sort of defeatest, no balls performance will comfortably see us down.

Someone needs to step in because if we fail to beat Bournemouth there is absolutely no way we'll get 5 wins from those remaining games.

I could get behind McClaren when we were going for games but missing chances. That's why people didn't turn on him because despite the result you could see things were better. I can't support whatever that was last night.

You haven't watched many of our away games, have you?

As for the first line.  I can kind of see your point.  But even that fraud Pardew, would actually grind the occasional result out away from home.  We've fluked a win against Bournemouth and beat Spurs with a last minute winner.  TBF, at least we played well in the second half of that game.  Apart from that, last night, was how I see us play away from home most weeks.  The Everton and Chelsea games are still fresh in my mind and it's been going on far longer than that. 

He's got to go, it's that simple. If we have to take a defeat to Bournemouth and give someone else 10 games then so be it because 11 with McClaren and we're gone.

Pretty much my thoughts, as well.  Plus I'll win £80 if we sack him, so it's a double bonus.

He's got to go, it's that simple. If we have to take a defeat to Bournemouth and give someone else 10 games then so be it because 11 with McClaren and we're gone.

Bournemouth will beat us this weekend anyway. They are a far better footballing team than we are.

They remind me a bit of Swansea when they were first promoted in terms of having a defined plan and style of play. They know what they are and they're well drilled.

How we beat them away, I'll never know. They played us off the park.

Bournemouth will beat us this weekend anyway. They are a far better footballing team than we are.

They remind me a bit of Swansea when they were first promoted in terms of having a defined plan and style of play. They know what they are and they're well drilled.

I agree with that and all.  The problem is, I can see us sneaking a win or getting a draw.  That will be good enough to keep him here.

Nicely put, Minhosa :thup:

The worry is for me, that Charnley, McClaren, Moncur and Carr will still be there, come August.

If we go down, there's no way they will all remain in Ashleys employment. That would be seen as rewarding failure. As far as I'm aware, he's never done that in his professional life.

They'll all pay the price for the failure I would think.

It's easier to point at their choice never to fire AP after numerous bad runs, shite performances but ultimately, and certainly in the eyes of MA, he was doing his job.

I agree with that and all.  The problem is, I can see us sneaking a win or getting a draw.  That will be good enough to keep him here.

I'd be shocked. They are a much better team, on good form, on the back of a really good result and they've had an extra days rest.

Will only go one way imho.