Steve McClaren

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Oh fuck off you bellend, you were on the board. Us going down was mostly down to him being absolutely shit at his job, giving him more control would have just made things worse. Thank fuck we didn't sign Michael Dawson.

Need to move on from this poor,poor excuse of a coach/ manager. Sad sad Schteve Blunder can't see what everyone else can. Blame him totally for our relegation. But hey we have a proper real manager now so as I said time to move on

Not sure what he's trying to achieve from saying that. At best he's admitting to being a massive coward.

Exactly. Given the outcome of the season, the way the team played throughout and his very own decision making when in a position to make key decisions... There's nothing he can say to get even a bit of redemption.

The only positive to take from his spell is that we now have Rafa.

Not sure what he's trying to achieve from saying that. At best he's admitting to being a massive coward.

I think his candour is borne by desperation to lay all his cards on the table in the search for a new job; i.e. I won't make the same mistakes again, etc.

If he was planning to retire I think he'd keep it zipped but I reckon his gargantuan ego thinks he's got one last job in him. I'd be very surprised if any league clubs concur.

EDIT: Jesus, he's only 55. I thought he was well into his 60s...

I don't particularly have any animosity towards him, and if anything do side more towards sympathy. That said though, given that he supposedly had to deal with similar circumstances at Forest, it doesn't say a lot about his character that he's felt the need to say that he's [again] been too weak to take control.

He's not a leader and doesn't inspire, so unless he walks into a team full of model pros he's never really going to achieve anything.

Agreed. I don't dislike him as I do Carver, Pardew or Kinnear as I do think he is a decent guy who was just out of his depth here. He got us playing some really decent stuff at times which should've warranted more points than they did, but he had to go after the 5-1 Chelsea defeat.

We were so deflated after 4 years of Pardew that not being a lying narcissistic arsehole was deemed as being a good guy.  In reality he was so out of his depth and kept telling us things were fine to the point where he should be hated.