Steve McClaren

Dave

What does "give him a chance" mean really? I doubt many people will bring their Sack McClaren bedsheets to the first home game of the season, or cancel their season ticket exclusively on the back of this appointment. Of course he will get a chance to prove if he can make things work and he will be judged on performances and results, just like any other football manager. However, giving him a chance shouldn't mean that he is beyond valid criticism for me. I'm beyond giving Mike Ashley a chance at this stage, which makes it that much harder to be truly enthusiastic about anyone who associates himself with them and sings from the same hymn sheet, but as most people I am willing to see how things pan out before getting the proverbial knives out whilst reserving the right to call it as I see it, when I see it. That's the maximum I can muster I'm afraid for a manager who in reality shouldn't be anywhere near a club aiming for "top 8 in the Premier League" at this stage of his career.

Give him a chance means forget about his past, pretend it didn't happen.

I'm cautiously optimistic. However, my standards have been lowered by Pardew (and Ashley).

I look forward to a side that passes the ball and actually tries at set pieces. As well as a host of other upsides.

The downside is that the club is a ticking time bomb.

I'm cautiously optimistic. However, my standards have been lowered by Pardew (and Ashley).

I look forward to a side that passes the ball and actually tries at set pieces. As well as a host of other upsides.

The downside is that the club is a ticking time bomb.

I'm not optimistic but do hope he does well, we all win if he does.  I have low expectations of him and don't think his appointment signals a change but actions are all that matters anyway.

The football has to get better, it simply has to but once that wears off I think he'll be fairly mundane.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/pardew-cup-is-our-target-this-season-2343203.html

August 2011, positivity fans.  It's the same fucking shit again.  He's trying to keep the gravy train moving another few years, let's force him out instead.

:thup:

Smoke and mirrors, we've just hired a manager who was sacked by a championship side 2 weeks ago :lol:

If anything, I hope the confirmation of this appointment will put an end to my weekly dreams where I encounter Pardew in public - but bottle giving him a load of shit.

Ronaldo beats him to an inch of his life then wakes up. Poor form, Yorkie.

:lol: What was your Pardew dream again? I remember cracking the fuck up.

Had a dream last night I was looking after Mike Willamson's dog, the dog had a tattoo. That is all.

I had a dream/nightmare last night that I was managing a kids' football team and Alan Pardew was managing the opposition.  We just had markers for goalposts and their goalkeeper kept on moving the markers so their goal was smaller and therefore it'd be more difficult to score, I confronted Pardew and he said "I don't care mate, the press aren't going to report this, it's a bladdy kids' game" and I went "Well that's just you all over, isn't it, you cunt".  He just smiled.  He was a right prick like, was fuming.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/pardew-cup-is-our-target-this-season-2343203.html

August 2011, positivity fans.  It's the same f***ing s*** again.  He's trying to keep the gravy train moving another few years, let's force him out instead.

:thup:

Smoke and mirrors, we've just hired a manager who was sacked by a championship side 2 weeks ago :lol:

The reaction to this has been fascinating from a psychological perspective. Just goes to show the massive damage the four years of Pardew (and Carver) has done to the self respect of our fan base. Have to hand it to Ashley in a way, how he is slowly but surely changing the entire fabric of our club, including its fans.

Gets the eight year deal and a million quid bonus if we win a cup according to tomorrow's rags.

So the pressure's definitely on him to go out in the first round of each.

If anything, I hope the confirmation of this appointment will put an end to my weekly dreams where I encounter Pardew in public - but bottle giving him a load of shit.

:lol: What was your Pardew dream again? I remember cracking the fuck up.

Had a dream last night I was looking after Mike Willamson's dog, the dog had a tattoo. That is all.

I had a dream/nightmare last night that I was managing a kids' football team and Alan Pardew was managing the opposition.  We just had markers for goalposts and their goalkeeper kept on moving the markers so their goal was smaller and therefore it'd be more difficult to score, I confronted Pardew and he said "I don't care mate, the press aren't going to report this, it's a bladdy kids' game" and I went "Well that's just you all over, isn't it, you cunt".  He just smiled.  He was a right prick like, was fuming.

Howling then and now. :lol:

When McClaren left [sJP] some four hours later, having conducted cosy interviews with preferred media partners only, he confirmed to Sportsmail that he was not allowed to speak to the independent press.

If anything, I hope the confirmation of this appointment will put an end to my weekly dreams where I encounter Pardew in public - but bottle giving him a load of s***.

:lol: What was your Pardew dream again? I remember cracking the f*** up.

I had a dream/nightmare last night that I was managing a kids' football team and Alan Pardew was managing the opposition.  We just had markers for goalposts and their goalkeeper kept on moving the markers so their goal was smaller and therefore it'd be more difficult to score, I confronted Pardew and he said "I don't care mate, the press aren't going to report this, it's a bladdy kids' game" and I went "Well that's just you all over, isn't it, you c***".  He just smiled.  He was a right prick like, was fuming.

:lol:

Sad bastard.

When McClaren left [sJP] some four hours later, having conducted cosy interviews with preferred media partners only, he confirmed to Sportsmail that he was not allowed to speak to the independent press.

North Korea United.

If anything, I hope the confirmation of this appointment will put an end to my weekly dreams where I encounter Pardew in public - but bottle giving him a load of s***.

:lol: What was your Pardew dream again? I remember cracking the f*** up.

I had a dream/nightmare last night that I was managing a kids' football team and Alan Pardew was managing the opposition.  We just had markers for goalposts and their goalkeeper kept on moving the markers so their goal was smaller and therefore it'd be more difficult to score, I confronted Pardew and he said "I don't care mate, the press aren't going to report this, it's a bladdy kids' game" and I went "Well that's just you all over, isn't it, you c***".  He just smiled.  He was a right prick like, was fuming.

:lol:

Sad bastard.

:lol: Harsh man, I can't help my dreams Mick you fackin owld cant.

interesting thing for me is that i've been convinced that our players have barely had a shred of decent coaching since the day pardew turned up and i've been equally convinced this has held a lot of our players back at various stages, with some obvious notable examples

mclaren himself is obviously not inspiring in himself but if he installs a decent setup behind the scenes then i'd like to see how it goes on the pitch