Steve McClaren

Dave

I don't think slow patient football is suited to our club as a whole. Nor its individual players.

For home games, I agree that the football must be quicker. Southampton was better for passing with a bit more speed and incision and people would be OK with consistent performances of that ilk (assuming we improve speeding up play in the final third). I think this is a viable strategy for some away games, though, and an attacking midfield 3 of Thauvin, de Jong and Perez would be suited to it with Mitrovic ahead of them.

I don't think slow patient football is suited to our club as a whole. Nor its individual players.

I don't think it's suited to English football full stop. The pitches aren't big enough here, you get closed down if you fanny about on the ball too long. The passing has to be quick and zippy, I don't know any side that plays slow patient football in the premier. The ones that do won't do very well. I Think that's Chelsea's problem at the moment, they look sluggish compared to last season.

Honesty is the number one thing I want from our manager.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/John+Carver+Cardiff+City+v+Newcastle+United+ymrUDUoOZa4l.jpg

That fucking gooch wouldn't know the definition of honesty.

I don't think it's suited to English football full stop. The pitches aren't big enough here, you get closed down if you fanny about on the ball too long. The passing has to be quick and zippy, I don't know any side that plays slow patient football in the premier. The ones that do won't do very well. I Think that's Chelsea's problem at the moment, they look sluggish compared to last season.

Man Utd are slogging away with it at the moment. I think Swansea played like that for awhile under Brendan. But I agree with your sentiment.

In our big stadium and average team we need exciting, fast football at the very least.

Absolutely............

tempted..............

wow

So decisive.

He would get so much credit if he changed it with Perez, Aarons and Dr Jong starting and Anita, Wijnaldum in centre. Starting to think the back 4 is fine.

Drop Cisse and Colback and Sissoko. Put Thauvin right and Aarons left

Thauvin was worse than Sissoko on Monday.

Sissoko was our best starting player out of the entire midfield and Cisse, not exactly a keenly contested prize but wanting him dropped based on the performance in the last game in comparison to others is strange

The only things that is a must to me is dropping one of the CM's and playing Ayoze.

Ideally we would go 4-3-3 too.

Well yeah, Colback and Anita can't start together unless absolutely necessary but Perez needs to play up front when Mitro is out. Cisse is so anonymous and can't hold up play. We know at very least Perez is a pain for defenders. De Jong should maybe start then with Wijnaldum dropping

Sissoko was our best starting player out of the entire midfield and Cisse, not exactly a keenly contested prize but wanting him dropped based on the performance in the last game in comparison to others is strange

He was terrible and cannot pass a ball. He runs in straight lines and is in no way a right winger.

Cisse even though he has a knack of getting goals harms our game in every other way. We need a forward to hold up and bring others into play. He really doesn't and barely troubles defenders at times when they need to be rattled. Perez and Mitrovic will do that

I'd stick with Sissoko personally. But in a 4-3-3. Like I said I can forgive anything except Colback + ANita midfield with no Ayoze. Even Cisse starting. And after much consideration, he was the worst man on the pitch on Monday.

Sissoko in a 3 might be better as he can break, but out wide he's shocking. I would rather we did go 4-3-3 with Sissoko, Anita and Wijnaldum than the current 4-2-3-1 that doesn't work for us. It opens things up more but all 3 are athletic enough, especially Sissoko n Wijnaldum running from deep.

He was terrible and cannot pass a ball. He runs in straight lines and is in no way a right winger.

Cisse even though he has a knack of getting goals harms our game in every other way. We need a forward to hold up and bring others into play. He really doesn't and barely troubles defenders at times when they need to be rattled. Perez and Mitrovic will do that

Sissoko is an odd player to single out from Monday night as playing badly. He was better than every starting player bar the back four. You say he runs in straight lines but that running in straight lines brought us further up the pitch when everybody else was happy to pass the ball sideways around the halfway line

Sissoko is an odd player to single out from Monday night as playing badly. He was better than every starting player bar the back four. You say he runs in straight lines but that running in straight lines brought us further up the pitch when everybody else was happy to pass the ball sideways around the halfway line

It's not that odd when I have been saying it for last 2 years. We lack fluidity and he is part of the problem, not the only one as I have said in other posts that Cisse and Wijnaldum in number 10 means we lack a lot of guile, movement and threat in front 4.

Wijnaldum further back will work, Sissoko was tried there and is an odd player. Thauvin was terrible but on few games played and needs more time before judgement on his capabilities