Steve McClaren

Dave

Wish McClaren would stop banging on about getting to work/getting it right on the training ground. It's in the pitch that counts.

Absolutely. I'm sure they're mint in training when there's no pressure. Like Shearer said, Monday to Friday players.

To be fair we'd get fucking gubbed on Monday night football as well.

Lawrie Sanchez :lol:

So unbelievable it's probably got some foundation

That's what you get when you have a pie and mash billionaire owning your club.

Dennis Wise, JFK and now Lawrie Sanchez? Does Ashley love the Crazy Gang? Might as well get Harry Bassett.

That said, we are in a false position. Player for player we are better than 6-7 teams in the league but sadly they (apart from Villa) have what we don't - work ethic, team spirit, direction and determination ie. stuff the manager and coaching team is responsible for.

While the latter is obviously true, that we don't have any of those things, we're not better than 6-7 teams in the league, on paper or otherwise.

Nonsense!! Our first team squad is full of international footballers from non-pisspot footballing nations - 5 dutch internationals, 1 Senegal international, a French international, a Serbian international and probably a couple more i've forgotten.

On paper we are comfortably better than Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom and Watford. That's 6 teams and you could argue that we have a better squad than Villa as well.

The Newcastle squad has enough quality to be better than Sunderland, Villa, Norwich and Bournemouth. WBA and Watford are more cohesive even if not as talented man-for-man, and while I'm rather biased, there's no way it's a better squad than Leicester; sure, last season's squad had plenty of more-than-the-sum-of-their-parts players like Dean Hammond getting games, but also the likes of Cambiasso, Mahrez, Huth in January etc. Albrighton was good last year (just didn't get so much game time) and even at Villa, he'd got the highest chances-created-per-minute stats in the league one year; not a flashy player, but effective. Most of the additions have been quality like Fuchs and Kante.

If measuring by number of internationals, I don't think it's that different, 15 players have international caps (albeit Morgan for Jamaica and a couple of practically one-cap-wonders like Huth and DeLaet) and both Fuchs and Inler are international captains.

In a combined squad: Krul and Schmeichel are about on par. I'd want Janmaat and Wijnaldum (the kind of player that's missing; Okazaki was clearly intended to be a Vardy replacement rather than alongside him) in the starting lineup and in the wider squad I'd want Mitrovic or Perez for Kramaric.

To me it's a team that on paper is probably about 10th and is over-performing vs. a team that's about 15th on paper and under-performing.

I think people overestimate how good out team/squad is.

I'd say we arguably have the worst goalkeeper (excluding Krul who won't play again this season), the worst back 4, the worst central midfield and possibly, potentially a mid table strike force.

Worst defence I've seen in a long time, I would even consider dropping Janmaat or just make him a right mid because he's nothing more than a liability just now

Yep, having a think about whether to give them another chance [emoji38]

We are literally the football personification of a man standing in a burning building having a think whether he should look for the tap and a bucket of water.

I'd say we arguably have the worst goalkeeper (excluding Krul who won't play again this season), the worst back 4, the worst central midfield and possibly, potentially a mid table strike force.

Agree with this . 

Aye, lots of s*** about internationals and "quality".  The important things out on the pitch we consistently can't do: 1. defend 2. score. All this talk of quality - nothing suggests we have the quality in those areas to turn it around or a midfield to greatly contribute.

We have a bottom 6/8 team at best. Lots of people were happy with our transfer dealings and thought top 8 was realistic. Never was.

Guest Roger Kint

Reading the comments on the Chronics twitter we have fans who genuinely believe they are all top quality. One even thinks Ashley isnt to blame and its all SMC :lol:

I have come to the point where i do not believe a manager change would help us at all.

The club is rotten to the core. Newcastle United is merely a shell of it former self.

There are absolutely no winning culture, no standards, no demand or goals set from the top that will manifest itself from top to bottom.

When you add that there is no natural leaders in the squad to the list above, there are simply no spine left in the club, nothing holding it together.

As long as Ashley and the sorry excuse of a MD is in charge there will be no light in the end of the tunnel.

There is a cancer in the club, desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Not sure where people get this strong team thing from like. Our most recent signings are completely unproven. Our centre mid just gets ran past on a whim. Our best players turn up once in every 5 games and our squad is thinner than a knats tadger. People are so afraid of being perceived as negative they gloss everything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3340589/Newcastle-United-need-Kevin-Keegan-final-fling-Steve-McClaren-just-doesn-t-St-James-Park.html

Never going to happen.  Not a chance in hell Keegan would work for Ashley, or that Ashley would even entertain the idea.  But I thought it was a good read nonetheless. 

Say what you like about Durham and that awful show of his on Talksport.  But this isn't the first time I have read an article from him, which is different to the usual bollocks about us in the media.  He does mention the 'expectations', though.  I'm not sure the fans expect much nowadays. 

I'm sure he was one of the only ones that had a dig at Pardew during his time here and all.  Despite how he is on his wind up phone in show.  I think he's actually a pretty decent journo and he knows his stuff.

I have come to the point where i do not believe a manager change would help us at all.

The club is rotten to the core. Newcastle United is merely a shell of it former self.

There are absolutely no winning culture, no standards, no demand or goals set from the top that will manifest itself from top to bottom.

When you add that there is no natural leaders in the squad to the list above, there are simply no spine lift in the club, nothing holding it together.

As long as Ashley and the sorry excuse of a MD is in charge there will be no light in the end of the tunnel.

There is a cancer in the club, desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Anybody that stood up to Ashley either left or was moved on quickly...  That's why we have no leaders, they are all meek do as you are told people and this is why the club is on its arse end. 

In a business you need people to challenge each other and set goals.

The goals from Ashley are maintain league status, nothing more and nothing less.  If I was a player I would find it hard to motivate myself.