Steve McClaren

Dave

That said, we are in a false position. Player for player we are better than 6-7 teams in the league but sadly they (apart from Villa) have what we don't - work ethic, team spirit, direction and determination ie. stuff the manager and coaching team is responsible for.

While the latter is obviously true, that we don't have any of those things, we're not better than 6-7 teams in the league, on paper or otherwise.

That said, we are in a false position. Player for player we are better than 6-7 teams in the league but sadly they (apart from Villa) have what we don't - work ethic, team spirit, direction and determination ie. stuff the manager and coaching team is responsible for.

While the latter is obviously true, that we don't have any of those things, we're not better than 6-7 teams in the league, on paper or otherwise.

Nonsense!! Our first team squad is full of international footballers from non-pisspot footballing nations - 5 dutch internationals, 1 Senegal international, a French international, a Serbian international and probably a couple more i've forgotten.

On paper we are comfortably better than Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom and Watford. That's 6 teams and you could argue that we have a better squad than Villa as well.

Nonsense!! Our first team squad is full of international footballers from non-pisspot footballing nations - 5 dutch internationals, 1 Senegal international, a French international, a Serbian international and probably a couple more i've forgotten.

On paper we are comfortably better than Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom and Watford. That's 6 teams and you could argue that we have a better squad than Villa as well.

Holland are shit now bar Robben, it says more about how bad they are that the likes of Anita can get into their squad than anything else. I'd barely have Anita in the Ireland squad ffs, if at all. Serbia are also shit. France are the only good team of those internationals you name. Leicester are way better than us btw. Haven't seen much of the other teams you mention tbf.

Football isn't played on paper.

Middlesbrough have a better side than us at the moment man.

Sides are about blend, character, commitment..Not just about players being from 'better' footballing nations.

Look at Janmaat...He's fucking shit and a fucking spineless cunt to boot.

Our 'internationals' are mainly gutless mercenary cunts.

The pitiful options in arguably the two most important positions in a team, central midfield and centre half, comfortably put us amongst the worst squads in the league. Might as well play without a goalkeeper as play with 2/3 from Anita, Colback and Tiote every week.

Yeah, we're fully aware that the game isn't played on paper. The conversation isn't about that, it's about the quality of the players we have, not how good a team we are. It's pretty evident to everyone that we're not a team at all, we're a collection of sulking, overpaid mercenaries.

Agree.

From your earlier post it seemed like you thought the opposite...

From the recognised 1st team squad we have I would honestly only keep 4/5 of the fuckers...that's how bad we are in reality.

Hence why I have us as favourites for the drop..

Massive rebuild in Jan is the only way to save us...Watfordesque in proportions.

Holland are s*** now bar Robben, it says more about how bad they are that the likes of Anita can get into their squad than anything else. I'd barely have Anita in the Ireland squad ffs, if at all. Serbia are also s***. France are the only good team of those internationals you name. Leicester are way better than us btw. Haven't seen much of the other teams you mention tbf.

Holland aren't shit FFS! They're going through a poor patch but they're still one of the best international teams in Europe.

And as for Leicester being better than us player for player - nope, not having that at all.  Prior to this season the only players you'd probably have taken from them are Morgan, Schmeichel and Mahrez.

Would you have taken Vardy over Perez last season? This season maybe but he's merely going through a purple patch.

Albrighton over Aarons?

Drinkwater over Wijnaldum?

Simpson over Janmaat?

Okizaki over Mitrovic?

Schlupp over Sissoko?

is it fair enough to say we have - at best - a bottom third quality squad than spend time running down the rabbit hole to nowhere of subjective player appraisals to arrive at some kind of scientific consensus of shitness?

I don't think Steve would be doing very much better with any squad in the league tbh so it's all rather beside the point.

"And as for Leicester being better than us player for player - nope, not having that at all."

You cannot look at it like that though, we have about 40 attacking midfielders but only one naturally wide player (who's 20 and always injured). Our central midfield is comfortably the worst in the league as is our goalkeeper and the left side of our defence. We also have 1 striker.

Yeah Perez and Wijnaldum would walk into their side but they're still far stronger than us across the pitch.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Steve McClaren's position as Newcastle manager is not under threat despite the recent run of poor results. :fool: :tickedoff: :rant: :frantic: :frantic:

So with Villa Sunderland Bournemouth all playing/fighting better then us and some changing manager we are going the John Carver route again  ;D Might aswell start a thread for the championship team

They very nearly got relegated because they were so keen on having him as head coach despite him being proving himself to be absolutely shite in that time anyway. It'd be such an admission of getting it wrong that they'll do anything else but sack him IMO.

Guest reefatoon

"And as for Leicester being better than us player for player - nope, not having that at all."

You cannot look at it like that though, we have about 40 attacking midfielders but only one naturally wide player (who's 20 and always injured). Our central midfield is comfortably the worst in the league as is our goalkeeper and the left side of our defence. We also have 1 striker.

Yeah Perez and Wijnaldum would walk into their side but they're still far stronger than us across the pitch.

Totally agree with the midfield.  Never seen such a bunch of useless, non existent, talentless bunch of useless cowards than what we have now. Easily the worst midfield I have seen for god knows how long. 

Still can't get over selling Abeid for about twenty quid. Someone at the club looked at the current options and said "yeah that'll do" :lol:

We used to play Jonas and/or Ryan Taylor in midfield and we've managed to make it worse. :lol: :lol:

Totally agree with the midfield.  Never seen such a bunch of useless, non existent, talentless bunch of useless cowards than what we have now. Easily the worst midfield I have seen for god knows how long. 

I do think the way they are being deployed is part of the problem but i'd still happily bin the lot of them (apart from Wijnaldum) and start again.

Holland are s*** now bar Robben, it says more about how bad they are that the likes of Anita can get into their squad than anything else. I'd barely have Anita in the Ireland squad ffs, if at all. Serbia are also s***. France are the only good team of those internationals you name. Leicester are way better than us btw. Haven't seen much of the other teams you mention tbf.

Holland aren't shit FFS! They're going through a poor patch but they're still one of the best international teams in Europe.

And as for Leicester being better than us player for player - nope, not having that at all.  Prior to this season the only players you'd probably have taken from them are Morgan, Schmeichel and Mahrez.

Would you have taken Vardy over Perez last season? This season maybe but he's merely going through a purple patch.

Albrighton over Aarons?

Simpson over Janmaat?

Okizaki over Mitrovic?

Schlupp over Sissoko?

Ok I'll put it simpler for you. The two most important positions on the field are centre half and centre midfield and we have at a push one player who may be good in the future between these two positions. We have fuck loads of number 10s and fuck all elsewhere in the side. If we had even one centre midfielder who could pass a ball forward I have no doubt that the likes of Wijnaldum and Sissoko would be playing better but we don't and this is a major reason why we're terrible. It doesn't matter how many internationals we have if we have a spine that wouldn't look out of place in League 2

Holland aren't s*** FFS! They're going through a poor patch but they're still one of the best international teams in Europe.

Albrighton over Aarons?

Simpson over Janmaat?

Okizaki over Mitrovic?

Schlupp over Sissoko?

Ok I'll put it simpler for you. The two most important positions on the field are centre half and centre midfield and we have at a push one player who may be good in the future between these two positions. We have f*** loads of number 10s and f*** all elsewhere in the side. If we had even one centre midfielder who could pass a ball forward I have no doubt that the likes of Wijnaldum and Sissoko would be playing better but we don't and this is a major reason why we're terrible. It doesn't matter how many internationals we have if we have a spine that wouldn't look out of place in League 2

I don't think anyone would disagree with you. The conversation we had was purely based on the quality of our first team on paper.

Still can't get over selling Abeid for about twenty quid. Someone at the club looked at the current options and said "yeah that'll do" :lol:

We used to play Jonas and/or Ryan Taylor in midfield and we've managed to make it worse. :lol: :lol:

Jonas would be our best CM option by a mile right now.

I know this is just a mobile phone app journalist but, he is suggesting that McClaren is under threat to lose his job and Newcastle are eyeing up 'Arry as a replacement....

http://www.90min.com/posts/2759605-steve-mcclaren-s-job-in-doubt-as-newcastle-united-eye-harry-redknapp-as-replacement

Not satisfied with the recent shite managers we appointed we are now looking at all the shite managers rolled into one.....

Jonas would be our best CM option by a mile right now.

I'd have him back over these fucktards any day of the week. I'd happily never see Colback, Anita or Tiote in a Newcastle shirt again, throw Colo on that list as well. We need at least 6 first team players before we even think about the squad!

I can't abide Moyes or Rodgers.  But I'd take either in a heartbeat. 

I'm aware the problems run much deeper than McClaren.  But he just looks like a lost, senile old man on the sideline.  Then the post game comment of "well, we weren't very good today."  No shit.  Whilst I admire your honesty.  Do something about it you useless tosser.  Not just playing the same tried and failed players and tactics every week. 

McLaren refused to come here near the end of last season to get us out of the shit. He turned it down 2 or 3 times because he knew he had failure staring him in the face. So here we are, same position but with a few more games left to try and wriggle but McLaren can't do it, it's not his style.  Sad to say but the position we are in and the mind set of these players (brought on by shit managers) we need a Pullis or a Allardyce to kick our way out.    And, Harry is not the answer as he proved at QPR, spent a fortune and still got relegated.  Managing is easy when things are going well but when they aren't you get found out.  A classic example is Lennon. At Celtic he cruised along, won trophies and titles because it was easy. Look at him now when he needs to really get the players going, use tactics to suit his players etc......he's fucked      Just like our Steve

It will be some back of the shelf out of date knacker that no one else wants, this person will be desperate to get back into football.

You are best off listing all the absolute garbage that no one will touch, starting with prune face: John Carver.