Steve McClaren

Dave

It will be some back of the shelf out of date knacker that no one else wants, this person will be desperate to get back into football.

You are best off listing all the absolute garbage that no one will touch, starting with prune face: John Carver.

As we all know, in Carver World, he has already saved us from the drop once!

It will be some back of the shelf out of date knacker that no one else wants, this person will be desperate to get back into football.

You are best off listing all the absolute garbage that no one will touch, starting with prune face: John Carver.

As we all know, in Carver World, he has already saved us from the drop once!

Yeah, he saved us at the last minute.

The pitiful options in arguably the two most important positions in a team, central midfield and centre half, comfortably put us amongst the worst squads in the league. Might as well play without a goalkeeper as play with 2/3 from Anita, Colback and Tiote every week.

This.

This "internationals" shit is so annoying. Our Dutch wideman is no Marc Overmars, our French wideman is no Ben Arfa, our Ivory Coast CM is no Toure, our Argie CB is no Otamendi, our Dutch CM is no Davids etc. These internationals - are pap!

And to make matters worse, they don't compliment each other at all. Can't sit deep and deal with crosses. Can't run so can't play a high line. Full backs can't defend. No natural winger, no proven PL goalscorer. Worst spine in the league and it includes the strikers.

I'm hearing he has 3 games to save his job and that Lawrie Sanchez has already been sounded out about replacing him.

Oh FFS.  I read the first bit and was kind of optimistic in some weird way.  Then I read Lawrie Sanchez?!

It is totally believable and all.  We just shop about in the bargain basement, of washed up and past it British managers.  I'd imagine we'll be interviewing Paul Ince and Danny Wilson as well.  Ron Atkinson must be on the shortlist too. 

There is no way Sanchez ends up here.

Joe Kinenar wouldn't have been at the top of anyone's list.  He was a bolt from the blue. 

Alan Pardew and Steve McClaren were drinking in the last chance saloon as well.

I would never put anything past this completely incompetent set of fucktards. 

Ashley and his pr guru link a name so utterly abject that the fans say I'd rather stick with McLaren & make us grateful they didn't appoint some third rate bygone.

I'm sure when pards was hired a rumour mentioned they considered someone that was doing a half decent job in the conference.

If Sanchez became manager surely any credibility the club has would be lost and the media would have a field day; its up there with Kinnear, who may well get a gig helping him. Hell, bring back Wise as well.

Sanchez was sacked by Fulham just before Christmas in 2007 after we'd won 1-0 at their place with a last minute penalty, having won only two games up to that point. Roy Hodgson kept them up winning 4 or their last 5 games.

Part of me would find it painfully funny if it were to happen.

Wish McClaren would stop banging on about getting to work/getting it right on the training ground. It's in the pitch that counts. May as well let this lot piss it up the wall and play  Xbox all week for all the good "the training ground" is doing.

We are somehow worse than last year and that took some doing. So clearly what's going on the training ground is either all wrong, ignored or simly not good enough.

For me these comments confirm he is nothing more than a coach, never was and never will be after this mess.

Chamley, Carr, the lot of them need to go. This system the have is absolutely not fit for Sunday league.

Wish McClaren would stop banging on about getting to work/getting it right on the training ground. It's in the pitch that counts.

Absolutely. I'm sure they're mint in training when there's no pressure. Like Shearer said, Monday to Friday players.