Steve McClaren

Dave

Wish I had any confidence whatsoever in this being a turning point.

Same, can see Spurs giving us a good pasting next week

Well they won't put out a reserve side like Liverpool did today so yeah it will be hard.

Happened again today, up against a top side on the TV and we put 100% effort (I don't credit McClaren for this), play against the bread and butter teams and we play at 80% to 90% and struggle.

We've won 3 and 2 of them have been relegation rivals. We have no bias about who we are shit against.

We've also lost on t.v against a few teams too. Arsenal and West Ham come to mind.

Just a myth on both counts. We are just shite.

Pleased for him. Said before i think he's a thoroughly decent fella and he came across well post match today.

Would love this to be a turning point, but don't think it will be. Let's see how we do against villa, Swansea, Everton etc, it's easy for the players to be pumped up against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Pleased for him though, would love to think it'll carry on.

Steve's had a lot of stick and rightly so. When the line-ups were revealed today he was being laughed at by us all. He got it right today, everyone seemed to be working for each other and we defended and attacked much better. I hope this gives the players some confidence and belief to move forward.

May as well keep it the same for Spurs, but would like to see Mitro and Perez always getting game time though.

Wish the Villa game was next, as it would be good to get on a bit of a roll.

Steve's had a lot of stick and rightly so. When the line-ups were revealed today he was being laughed at by us all. He got it right today, everyone seemed to be working for each other and we defended and attacked much better. I hope this gives the players some confidence and belief to move forward.

May as well keep it the same for Spurs, but would like to see Mitro and Perez always getting game time though.

Wish the Villa game was next, as it would be good to get on a bit of a roll.

This.

McClaren said after the 2-0 win against Liverpool : “We’ve had a tough week in terms of that, in terms of looking at various things and changing the team and changing personnel, not accepting the last two performances.

“But on Thursday evening as normal – you always sleep on it – and there was kind of a lightbulb moment on Thursday evening and we just said, look more or less that team that started the last six or seven games before the last two was collecting points and playing well and it was just a case of people working hard, out-running opponents, winning your duels, being competitive.”

McClaren went through the horror show at Palace with each player during a video session at the club’s Benton base.

He said: “We have pointed out why we have lost the last two games and we gave everybody an opportunity to put that right, and they have done that.”

And when asked if Wijnaldum had come close to the axe, the smiling head coach said: “I considered leaving out every one of them.

“That’s why it’s a good job you have got a week in between.

“We reviewed the last two weeks and we weren’t happy and that was stated, why we weren’t happy and the response from everybody has been great today.”

Guest neesy111

It sounds wrong. The official PL stream showed a [meaningless] stat towards the end and their three top runners all ran further than ours.

Yeah I saw that.  I saw one earlier in game which showed 3 of our players were the top runners, guessing our fitness etc tailed off.

There's a stat knocking about on twitter that we out ran them and put sprinted them etc, hard work eh? Who'd ever thought it'd pay off!

Pleased as I am about today's result, it was a Liverpool team missing basically their best players.

McClaren said after the 2-0 win against Liverpool

“But on Thursday evening as normal – you always sleep on it – and there was kind of a lightbulb moment on Thursday evening and we just said, look more or less that team that started the last six or seven games before the last two was collecting points and playing well and it was just a case of people working hard, out-running opponents, winning your duels, being competitive.”

:lol: I've got it, lads! We need to TRY!

Guest neesy111

Eureka!!!

:lol:

There's a stat knocking about on twitter that we out ran them and put sprinted them etc, hard work eh? Who'd ever thought it'd pay off!

Pleased as I am about today's result, it was a Liverpool team missing basically their best players.

You could say we were too with Perez and Mitrovic on the bench :lol:

All this victory is doing is prolonging the inevitable. This man and this hierarchy will get us nowhere.

Nah, we'll go on to achieve a champions league finish now. Which counts as a trophy by the way.