Steve McClaren

Dave

If it's actually you, let me just say I've missed you and this represents a very good start to 2016.

It is me aye, if i'm honest i've missed this place, you all the guys here.

You calmed down about The Walking Dead yet m8?

TCD levels of relentlessness [emoji38]

If it's actually you, let me just say I've missed you and this represents a very good start to 2016.

You could say that mate yeah.

Good to see you back Bimpy.

TCD levels of relentlessness [emoji38]

:lol:

Who the F cares who actually got power over who or who chooses what...

There are lots of Euro clubs not having these issues that we're running with today, that also have Sporting Directors (but they ain't clueless...)- which obv. helps.

If the squad balance was right from the get-go I think alot of this shit would be avoided, as it would be more focus on the style of play rather than team play. It seems obvious now that Pards prefer the counter-attack stylee looking at CP, but we shouldn't forget that most likely... say Rodgers, would prefer the technical ability of alot of our players (compared to last season) and would get them going in a possession-based play of ball.

There actually IS alot of football technical ability in the squad if they were just to have a chance of proving it, just don't cut it with 1 match here and 1 match there like Pards did with HBA. It's rather obvious, playing on pace might work agains the better teams who control and dominates the matches, but not in grudge matches. So ridic.

Another thing is the fact that there's a F board of 4 to decide who arrives and who doesn't, and out of those 4 who actually have a clue? :o

There actually IS alot of football technical ability in the squad if they were just to have a chance of proving it,

been said countless times but for this to happen we'd need to add 3-4 players with the necessary physical attributes to compete in the league in key positions that would let the others flourish, we all know that unsuitable or even inferior players can work out when the whole is functioning but we've not had anything approaching a functioning team for a very long time

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jan/01/premier-league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

From The Guardian's preview of the match.  Guess it has been written by Barry Glendinning (Sunderland fan) but a rather damning indictment of McClaren.

2) The same old same old from Steve McClaren?

Had goalkeeper Rob Elliot not been sidelined by illness, it’s safe to say the Newcastle team that lined up for consecutive festive defeats to West Brom and Everton would have been identical. Just before Christmas, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ayoze Pérez were absent from Newcastle’s starting XI for that woeful performance against Aston Villa, although both players featured in the XI that finished it. That it seems far more difficult to get out of Steve McClaren’s struggling side than it is to get into it speaks volumes about the ongoing mess in which Newcastle United find themselves and how little their manager has done to rectify it in recent months. Newcastle have made no progress under McClaren and, having started the campaign with £50m worth of new signings and playing a possession-based attacking game, they have reverted to a turgid counter-attacking style with the same old familiar faces lining up in the same formation regardless of the opposition. Watching Jack Colback and Vurnon Anita sit deep against a team as hapless as Aston Villa – just as they do against every other team Newcastle face – it was difficult to avoid the conclusion that McClaren is completely bereft of ideas about how to outwit fellow managers, which seems strange considering his exalted reputation as an innovative coach, if not a manager. Furthermore, his ongoing reliance on the same players who continually underperform suggest an almost total lack of competition for places at Newcastle, which suggests things aren’t likely to improve any time soon. Newcastle have only beaten Arsenal once in 20 meetings in all competitions over the past 10 years, and on current form they are unlikely to double that tally this weekend. On the plus side for McClaren, as his monotonously predictable team takes to the field against the league leaders at the Emirates, he can at least console himself with the comforting knowledge that they are likely to have no shortage of opportunities to attack on the break. BG

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jan/01/premier-league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

From The Guardian's preview of the match.  Guess it has been written by Barry Glendinning (Sunderland fan) but a rather damning indictment of McClaren.

2) The same old same old from Steve McClaren?

Had goalkeeper Rob Elliot not been sidelined by illness, it’s safe to say the Newcastle team that lined up for consecutive festive defeats to West Brom and Everton would have been identical. Just before Christmas, Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ayoze Pérez were absent from Newcastle’s starting XI for that woeful performance against Aston Villa, although both players featured in the XI that finished it. That it seems far more difficult to get out of Steve McClaren’s struggling side than it is to get into it speaks volumes about the ongoing mess in which Newcastle United find themselves and how little their manager has done to rectify it in recent months. Newcastle have made no progress under McClaren and, having started the campaign with £50m worth of new signings and playing a possession-based attacking game, they have reverted to a turgid counter-attacking style with the same old familiar faces lining up in the same formation regardless of the opposition. Watching Jack Colback and Vurnon Anita sit deep against a team as hapless as Aston Villa – just as they do against every other team Newcastle face – it was difficult to avoid the conclusion that McClaren is completely bereft of ideas about how to outwit fellow managers, which seems strange considering his exalted reputation as an innovative coach, if not a manager. Furthermore, his ongoing reliance on the same players who continually underperform suggest an almost total lack of competition for places at Newcastle, which suggests things aren’t likely to improve any time soon. Newcastle have only beaten Arsenal once in 20 meetings in all competitions over the past 10 years, and on current form they are unlikely to double that tally this weekend. On the plus side for McClaren, as his monotonously predictable team takes to the field against the league leaders at the Emirates, he can at least console himself with the comforting knowledge that they are likely to have no shortage of opportunities to attack on the break. BG

That is a fair a description of where NUFC find themselves. A fucking mess.

Spot on that analysis sadly

Absolutely on the money that like, impressive. How's he got so far in football journalism? [emoji38]

Yeah it's weird reading a football piece on Newcastle that actually makes sense.

Spot on that analysis sadly

Absolutely on the money that like, impressive. How's he got so far in football journalism? [emoji38]

Yeah it's weird reading a football piece on Newcastle that actually makes sense.

He got every bit right: abandoning the possession game for turgid shit, playing Colback and Anita against everyone, making zero improvements since Carver despite a 50m spend.

The managers union will have him sacked probably.

Good analysis.

The possession game was fucking awful. But at least is showed he had his ideas and was trying to build something. IMO what he was building was shit but at least he was trying something. Now he's doing a shit Pardew impression and abandoned whatever it was he was trying to develop. Bereft of ideas is spot on.

Good to see you back Bimpy.

Ta  O0

Bimpy :thup: :D

Alright Poot  :rose:

Welcome back Bimps. Dare I ask hows the missus?

Sarah !! is absolutely fine thanks mate.

Welcome back man! ManDoon and Bimpy back in the same week. Place feels good again. Need Rich back now.

Asked if the hierarchy of Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley and Graham Carr understood the “severity” of the club’s situation, the 54-year-old said: “Yes, absolutely.

“They’ve been here longer than me. They know it better than me.

“They’re working extra hard too and there’s work going on behind the scenes, which, if anything does happen, then some of you will definitely be the last to know ... probably.”

:yao:

“I never become a pessimist. I’m surrounded by good people, good staff. Behind the scenes there are good people who want the club to do well. They really want it to do well, and that’s from the top all the way down.

“No one works within a football club who doesn’t want it to be better, so we want to keep getting better and we are trying behind the scenes.

:mackems:

Asked if the hierarchy of Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley and Graham Carr understood the “severity” of the club’s situation, the 54-year-old said: “Yes, absolutely.

“They’ve been here longer than me. They know it better than me.

“They’re working extra hard too and there’s work going on behind the scenes, which, if anything does happen, then some of you will definitely be the last to know ... probably.”

:yao:

He obviously has no idea of the identities of the French players that are about to be foisted on him.

“I never become a pessimist. I’m surrounded by good people, good staff. Behind the scenes there are good people who want the club to do well. They really want it to do well, and that’s from the top all the way down.

“No one works within a football club who doesn’t want it to be better, so we want to keep getting better and we are trying behind the scenes.

:mackems:

:lol: grim stuff, very Pardew-esque

Selling himself down the river.