Steve McClaren

Dave

If you're quite happy to settle for the s**** you're getting fed then i'm not sure why you're even in this discussion tbh.

Garde, Tuchel, et al are alternatives no matter what your sperm donors tell you.  If we don't go for them it's not a reason to dismiss them as alternatives, it's a reason to burn penfold and his jabba like master to the ground.

BTW Tuchel is Dortmund boss so we can forget him.

I can understand why some people would want McClaren as he'd be our best manager in some time. I've gone off the idea of having him myself though.

If you're quite happy to settle for the s**** you're getting fed then i'm not sure why you're even in this discussion tbh.

Garde, Tuchel, et al are alternatives no matter what your sperm donors tell you.  If we don't go for them it's not a reason to dismiss them as alternatives, it's a reason to burn penfold and his jabba like master to the ground.

Show me one example of where I have used the words 'happy' and 'settle' in any of my posts.

Is it any wonder people assume we're all thick?

BTW Tuchel is Dortmund boss so we can forget him.

I can understand why some people would want McClaren as he'd be our best manager in some time. I've gone off the idea of having him myself though.

Aye, incredibly Dortmund made the mind blowing move of appointing a new manager when they need one.  Ignore the fact he was available for months and months prior to his appointment at Dortmund.  Damned Germans must be channeling the spirit of Einstein to come up with such a masterstroke as appointing a qualified person to a position that needs filled.

Bet they didn't even monitor him.

I can't believe any of you would seriously moan about McLaren when you know what the alternative is.

The alternatives are Remi Garde, Thomas Tuchel, Paco Jemez, Christophe Galtier.......

No they're not. In a different time, on a different planet under a different owner they would be but under this prick the alternative is John Carver.

It seems this situation needs some clarification because clearly some of you can't read:

Do i want John Carver as manager? No

Do i want Steve McLaren as manager? No

Do i want John McLaren as manager? No

Do i want Steve Carver as manager? No

Would i be HAPPY with either of them? No

If i HAD TO choose between the two, who would i go for? McLaren 100%

Are there any other candidates i would prefer to get the job? Yes, at least 30 including Garde, Klopp, Keegan, Galtier, Ancelotti........

Any questions?

Show me one example of where I have used the words 'happy' and 'settle' in any of my posts.

There you go.  And we don't assume you're thick any more than we assume the sky is blue.

I can't believe any of you would seriously moan about McLaren when you know what the alternative is.

The alternatives are Remi Garde, Thomas Tuchel, Paco Jemez, Christophe Galtier.......

No they're not. In a different time, on a different planet under a different owner they would be but under this prick the alternative is John Carver.

It seems this situation needs some clarification because clearly some of you can't read:

Are there any other candidates i would prefer to get the job? Yes, at least 30 including Garde, Klopp, Keegan, Galtier, Ancelotti........

Any questions?

There you go.  And we don't assume you're thick any more than we assume the sky is blue.

Nice example. You might want to read it again and then refer back to your previous comment.

I wasn't talking about you or anyone else on here assuming i'm thick. I was referring to outsiders thinking Geordies are all thick and if they read most of this thread they'd have the perfect evidence to back up their argument.

Any questions?

Nice example. You might want to read it again and then refer back to your previous comment.

I wasn't talking about you or anyone else on here assuming i'm thick. I was referring to outsiders thinking Geordies are all thick and if they read most of this thread they'd have the perfect evidence to back up their argument.

It's ok, we can get the mods to delete your stuff if you're worried about people thinking we're retarded.  You're pretty much noise anyway.

Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse !

I was certain that with McLaren supposedly turning them down in the hour of need, he was no longer and option and equally certain even our ownership are not stupid enough to employ a man who has guided the club from top ten safety to having to win the last game of the season to stay in the division.

However if McLaren is available for nothing, they forget about his apparent snub and follow their process by employing the cheap option.

MClaren will not be as bad as Carver for sure but I've got no faith in his ability to either get us out of the championship or push us anywhere better than lower mid table.

I was certain that with McLaren supposedly turning them down in the hour of need, he was no longer and option and equally certain even our ownership are not stupid enough to employ a man who has guided the club from top ten safety to having to win the last game of the season to stay in the division.

However if McLaren is available for nothing, they forget about his apparent snub and follow their process by employing the cheap option.

MClaren will not be as bad as Carver for sure but I've got no faith in his ability to either get us out of the championship or push us anywhere better than lower mid table.

So you'd be happy with McLaren as well then

Any questions?

It's ok, we can get the mods to delete your stuff if you're worried about people thinking we're retarded.  You're pretty much noise anyway.

:lol:

So you'd be happy with McLaren as well then

Well it seems he might be getting bombed out at Derby so I suppose we should be happy he might reconsider after telling us to fuck off two weeks ago.

The manager or head coach you appoint is a statement of where you want to be as a club. McClaren wouldn't ever be considered for a side aiming to be in the top half of the table.

The manager or head coach you appoint is a statement of where you want to be as a club. McClaren wouldn't ever be considered for a side aiming to be in the top half of the table.

That assumes we're aiming for the top half.

Ashley's aiming for 17th.

Guest antz1uk

Dull, zero charisma, Boring, Smarmy, a few of the things MClaren is, completely underwhelmed if it ends up being him, not that whoever we got i'd not be underwhelmed with like, but i really don't like him, I can't ever bear/bare to hear him speak nevermind have him as our manager/head coach/chief arse licker

Dull, zero charisma, Boring, Smarmy, a few of the things MClaren is, completely underwhelmed if it ends up being him, not that whoever we got i'd not be underwhelmed with like, but i really don't like him, I can't ever bear/bare to hear him speak nevermind have him as our manager/head coach/chief arse licker

Exactly my thoughts.

Exactly my thoughts.

With Carver as he's reliable assistant, that will be turned into pure pashun.

That assumes we're aiming for the top half.

Ashley's aiming for 17th.

I think he covered that in the statement he made,  IF you're aiming for top 10 you don't go for McClaren, who you do go for is your statement of intent, ergo, you go for McClaren you intend to hover mid-lower table.

He has been blatantly waiting for Derby to sack him so he gets financial compensation for early contract termination - plus if we (or anyone) want him he won't cost a penny. What a sorry mess this game has become....

Glad watching us on TV hoping to aim for 12th under Ashley is a positive to you. Sorry but i cant raise the tiniest bit of interest in that existence, thats not NUFC and getting a manager who his lower league club fans dont even want isnt exactly setting my pulse racing.

Nor mine but i'd rather see as much of the club's integrity maintained so that when a new owner finally comes along and saves us from this pit of despair we at least have something salvagable.

As i said in my previous post, McLaren wouldn't represent excitement but his appoimtment would be something of a relief.

If you didn't still support the team, surely you wouldn't be on this forum?  Well unless you have a spare £350m lying around you're just going to have to endure it like the rest of us or find a new team to follow.

We know that NUFC under Ashley is a shadow of what it could and should be and that supporting the team is hard f***ing work but if you turn your back on them completely then the fat c*** really has won.

I'm not accepting Ashley's way any more than you are but seeing the team managed by a safe pair of hands with some management credentials would be infinitely preferable to seeing it managed by Pardew, Carver, Kinnear etc.

What absurd logic, this forum is more than just NUFC. Utterly stupid to suggest i would leave just because i am not watchig our games :lol:

What on earth would Ashley sell for if the majority agreed with you and were happy with SMC acheiving his PL status each year by simply existing in the bottom half? Enough fans accepting this bullshit and him getting TV cash wouldnt change a f***ing thing.

Dont get how you can say you agree aboutAshley yet accept more mediocrity as its a paler shade of s****

It seems you have missed my point entirely. In fact, you've missed it so badly you're in another fucking stratosphere.

I protest against this regime in every way it is in my power to do and i will continue to stay away and put no money into the club while Ashley is here. But NUFC is in my blood. I'd love to not support the team but sadly that isn't an option.  Do i enjoy watching us? Nope.

I hope the protests ramp up to such a degree that Ashley has no option but to sell up. I hope the man goes bankrupt and suffers a horrible, painful death. But in the meantime, the team still has to play football in whatever league we find ourselves in and i'd rather it was managed by an actual football manager than a walking potato.  If I had it my way we'd hire Rafa, spend some money on decent players and aim for Europe again.  But i don't have it my way do i?

I don't accept mediocrity any more than you do.  If you can think of something more I can do to change the mentality of the owner, i'm all ears pal?

Whether you believe the club would appoint a better manager or not is immaterial.

Yes you're right, there is nothing we can do to change the mentality of the owner, but our position surely has to be to demand the best for the club whether the board are capable of providing it or not, and while I hope I'm wrong, McClaren as an appointment (with Carver et al kept on) would just signal an intent to maintain the current malaise.

It would hurt almost as much as sticking with Carver, because we'd have taken the opportunity to twist, but rather than change direction and stop haemorrhaging support, it would feel like they'd learnt nothing and wish to set us down the same sorry path for years to come.

He has been blatantly waiting for Derby to sack him so he gets financial compensation for early contract termination - plus if we (or anyone) want him he won't cost a penny. What a sorry mess this game has become....

Guess who wins again...

Glad watching us on TV hoping to aim for 12th under Ashley is a positive to you. Sorry but i cant raise the tiniest bit of interest in that existence, thats not NUFC and getting a manager who his lower league club fans dont even want isnt exactly setting my pulse racing.

Nor mine but i'd rather see as much of the club's integrity maintained so that when a new owner finally comes along and saves us from this pit of despair we at least have something salvagable.

As i said in my previous post, McLaren wouldn't represent excitement but his appoimtment would be something of a relief.

If you didn't still support the team, surely you wouldn't be on this forum?  Well unless you have a spare £350m lying around you're just going to have to endure it like the rest of us or find a new team to follow.

We know that NUFC under Ashley is a shadow of what it could and should be and that supporting the team is hard f***ing work but if you turn your back on them completely then the fat c*** really has won.

I'm not accepting Ashley's way any more than you are but seeing the team managed by a safe pair of hands with some management credentials would be infinitely preferable to seeing it managed by Pardew, Carver, Kinnear etc.

What absurd logic, this forum is more than just NUFC. Utterly stupid to suggest i would leave just because i am not watchig our games :lol:

What on earth would Ashley sell for if the majority agreed with you and were happy with SMC acheiving his PL status each year by simply existing in the bottom half? Enough fans accepting this bullshit and him getting TV cash wouldnt change a f***ing thing.

Dont get how you can say you agree aboutAshley yet accept more mediocrity as its a paler shade of s****

It seems you have missed my point entirely. In fact, you've missed it so badly you're in another f***ing stratosphere.

I protest against this regime in every way it is in my power to do and i will continue to stay away and put no money into the club while Ashley is here. But NUFC is in my blood. I'd love to not support the team but sadly that isn't an option.  Do i enjoy watching us? Nope.

I hope the protests ramp up to such a degree that Ashley has no option but to sell up. I hope the man goes bankrupt and suffers a horrible, painful death. But in the meantime, the team still has to play football in whatever league we find ourselves in and i'd rather it was managed by an actual football manager than a walking potato.  If I had it my way we'd hire Rafa, spend some money on decent players and aim for Europe again.  But i don't have it my way do i?

I don't accept mediocrity any more than you do.  If you can think of something more I can do to change the mentality of the owner, i'm all ears pal?

Whether you believe the club would appoint a better manager or not is immaterial.

Yes you're right, there is nothing we can do to change the mentality of the owner, but our position surely has to be to demand the best for the club whether the board are capable of providing it or not, and while I hope I'm wrong, McClaren as an appointment (with Carver et al kept on) would just signal an intent to maintain the current malaise.

It would hurt almost as much as sticking with Carver, because we'd have taken the opportunity to twist, but rather than change direction and stop haemorrhaging support, it would feel like they'd learnt nothing and wish to set us down the same sorry path for years to come.

My whole point is that if the options are Carver and McLaren, there's only one winner.

That's it.

Exactly my thoughts.