Steve McClaren

Dave

Pretty sure he thinks substitutions are only there to wind the clock down like.

Yeap. Always waits until very late in a set up like today and then does the "managery" thing of late subs. We were dying for fresh blood a good 20 minutes before that.

Ecstatic with the result but worried about how the win was "managed".

Though he did alright today, his team selection was decent, had us playing decent football, we never really came under pressure, just annoying we missed chance after chance, hell his subs were even acceptable :lol:

Is it his fault that the players are missing sitter after sitter?

Its his fault, or rather his job to get the players up for every game, not just some games.

I heard him on the radio before the game almost begging the players to be bothered- pathetic stuff.

No subs ffs.  :lol:

He doesn't know how to turn things around. Today makes no difference. Get rid or we're going down.

We had no reason to make changes other than to run the clock down tbf. On paper that's probably our most balanced side on what's available to us. Fair play today.

We played well today, so he gets credit for that just as he gets a slagging when we're shit. Needs to figure out just why the cowardly wankers can't do it for more than one game in a row.

That's probably his fault in my opinion.

No pressing or intensity ... where do you buy desire?

Mackems will be above us in 4 games time nailed on they have workrate by the bucketload at the minute  :dave:

There was no pressing because we had the ball the whole game :lol:

We played well today, so he gets credit for that just as he gets a slagging when we're shit. Needs to figure out just why the cowardly wankers can't do it for more than one game in a row.

That's probably his fault in my opinion.

I don't disagree.

No pressing or intensity ... where do you buy desire?

Mackems will be above us in 4 games time nailed on they have workrate by the bucketload at the minute  :dave:

There was no pressing because we had the ball the whole game :lol:

I was going to say, we had 69% possession :lol:

Easy to say with hindsight but starting Aarons was definitely the right move. WBA played with absolutely no width, taking the emphasis off of Aarons' defensive inexperience and allowing him to push forward, playing his natural game. Not sure I fancy him against Willian next week however.

Our home record is not amazing but it's decent. If we'd been anywhere approaching average away from home we'd be okay now. The team selection was sane today, just as it was against West Ham. For some reason for away games he picks bizarre lineups and shuffles everything around. The formation against Watford and the selections at Everton were just stupid. You could look at the team before the game and you just knew we'd lose.  If he stops doing such idiotic things we might have a decent chance of staying up.

Easy to say with hindsight but starting Aarons was definitely the right move. WBA played with absolutely no width, taking the emphasis off of Aarons' defensive inexperience and allowing him to push forward, playing his natural game. Not sure I fancy him against Willian next week however.

Aarons actually defended fairly well on a few occasions.

He did well today, I had massive doubts about his team selection but he was proven right.  His refusal to change things earlier was a bit irritating but I wouldn't have known who to take off if I was in his position.  I hope he plays the same 11 next game so we can get some stability and to also reward the players for what they've done today.

Aarons actually defended fairly well on a few occasions.

He did to be fair, agreed :thup: Loved his nonchalant barge on Gardner in the first half.