Steve McClaren

Dave

For the vast majority of games under McClaren I can see a plan and a way we want to play. Plus, these actually vary from game to game, rather than the same bilge every week. That alone makes him a tremendous upgrade on Pardew.

For me it's not even a comparison, I don't hate Saturdays anymore and look forward to the possibility of a good performance.

There's been more than a couple absolutely abhorrent displays this season, where I've wondered how we are ever going to stand a chance of survival, with a high percentage of players patently not giving a shite. Other defeats have simply been a case of us being fairly shit and which, though worrying, tend not to have me convinced there's no way out of it.

The defeats in quick succession to West Ham (a), Watford (h) and Leicester (h) were as bad as it ever was under Pardew or Carver.

Games like that are an afterglow, though. Not entirely McClaren's making.

That was worse than anything you saw us do under Pardew? What?

That 3 - 0 defeat which could have been at least 8 or 9 oh yes it was. That was one of the worst performance from a Newcastle team I have seen in over 40 year of watching

This is utter fucking bullshit, we have never reached those depths this season in terms of attacking endeavour. I feel like I wasted 4 years of my life watching that negative speculative shite every week, not one performance this season comes close to Pardew's worst in that respect. Even Palace.

That 3 - 0 defeat which could have been at least 8 or 9 oh yes it was. That was one of the worst performance from a Newcastle team I have seen in over 40 year of watching

This is utter f***ing bullshit, we have never reached those depths this season in terms of attacking endeavour. I feel like I wasted 4 years of my life watching that negative speculative s**** every week, not one performance this season comes close to Pardew's worst in that respect. Even Palace.

In your opinion fine but then again I'm in the opinion you're talking bullshit also. But each to their own we all have opinions let's just wait until the end of the season. I think both are utter cretins as managers but in my opinion McClaren is worse and I'll argue all day and night about that but as I said you are entitled to your opinion as are others and let's just see what the rest of this season brings.

This is utter f***ing bullshit, we have never reached those depths this season in terms of attacking endeavour. I feel like I wasted 4 years of my life watching that negative speculative s**** every week, not one performance this season comes close to Pardew's worst in that respect. Even Palace.

In your opinion fine but then again I'm in the opinion you're talking bullshit also. But each to their own we all have opinions let's just wait until the end of the season. I think both are utter cretins as managers but in my opinion McClaren is worse and I'll argue all day and night about that but as I said you are entitled to your opinion as are others and let's just see what the rest of this season brings.

I thought Everton was absolutely rancid.  Up there with some of the dross served up by his predecessors, Carver and Pardew.  But McClaren worse than Pardew?  Nah.  I'm not having that. 

A new poll is needed!!

There's been more than a couple absolutely abhorrent displays this season, where I've wondered how we are ever going to stand a chance of survival, with a high percentage of players patently not giving a s****. Other defeats have simply been a case of us being fairly s*** and which, though worrying, tend not to have me convinced there's no way out of it.

The defeats in quick succession to West Ham (a), Watford (h) and Leicester (h) were as bad as it ever was under Pardew or Carver.

That's my view on it. Every club going have a shocker now and again, early on there were signs of a gameplan but to change the players' mentality after what they've had the last couple of years was always going to happen.

Games like Everton were abysmal this season but we've had games like that even when we were good. I don't think we'll ever be a world beater under McClaren but I think we'll eventually become a fair team trying to play the right way hovering in mid-table. Not the 'Pardew' way of getting that, far easier on the eye which we've seen signs of this season (Southampton, Norwich, Stoke, West Ham, Liverpool & West Brom at home we played very well imo).

Still not good enough for where we should be, but the McClaren/Pardew argument is crazy, he's better than him.

I thought Everton was absolutely rancid.  Up there with some of the dross served up by his predecessors, Carver and Pardew.  But McClaren worse than Pardew?  Nah.  I'm not having that. 

A new poll is needed!!

Let's just wait until the end of the season and see if we make double figures on away goals scored first - as I said time will tell I will leave it at that for now.

Can I ask what you are basing this off, i'm not having a go, i'm genuinely curious, as from what i've seen McClaren is better in every regard, we have an actual game plan every week, we've only been dicked twice this season (It'd be about 6 under Pardew), we don't play players out of position unless injury dictates, we attempt to play attacking football, doesn't dedicate wins to the owner, is humble and will take the blame, he's not a cunt, he may not be cut out for the job, but he is in no way worse then Pardew.

A new poll is needed!!

Let's just wait until the end of the season and see if we make double figures on away goals scored first - as I said time will tell I will leave it at that for now.

I don't need time or stats to see that we've already been trying to play a better kind of Football under McClaren and in some games have played far better than we ever did under Pardew.

There's been more than a couple absolutely abhorrent displays this season, where I've wondered how we are ever going to stand a chance of survival, with a high percentage of players patently not giving a s****. Other defeats have simply been a case of us being fairly s*** and which, though worrying, tend not to have me convinced there's no way out of it.

That's my view on it. Every club going have a shocker now and again, early on there were signs of a gameplan but to change the players' mentality after what they've had the last couple of years was always going to happen.

Games like Everton were abysmal this season but we've had games like that even when we were good. I don't think we'll ever be a world beater under McClaren but I think we'll eventually become a fair team trying to play the right way hovering in mid-table. Not the 'Pardew' way of getting that, far easier on the eye which we've seen signs of this season (Southampton, Norwich, Stoke, West Ham, Liverpool & West Brom at home we played very well imo).

Still not good enough for where we should be, but the McClaren/Pardew argument is crazy, he's better than him.

In terms of results he certainly isn't but as I said let's just see if we are even a premiership club at the end of the season first. It's easy to pick the odd game also I could say the Man Utd 3 - 0, the Stoke 3 - 0, the Chelsea 3 - 2, the Chelsea 2 - 0 , the Man City 2 -0 were better than anything you have listed above. Everyone is entitled to gheir opinion and I'm going to leave it now and wait until the end of the season. It's funny that there is an argument as to who is the better manager when both are totally rancid mind. Wait and see that's my last word on the subject until May :-)

McClaren could lose every game from now until the end of the season and I'd still be convinced that any Newcastle fan who disliked him more than Pardew was utterly deranged.

Not on about disliking though I'm on about who is actually a better manager and that's a big difference. Pardew is a nasty two faced cunt and I would not argue with one person on that.

A new poll is needed!!

I don't need time or stats to see that we've already been trying to play a better kind of Football under McClaren and in some games have played far better than we ever did under Pardew.

This is true but some games have still been absolute rank, ultimately I think we would have had more points under Pardew when he left we were 10th on 27 points after 20 games,

this season we have played 25 and only have 24 pts and that's before all the money spent in the summer. McClarens football is unquestionably better and far more positive but hes not getting enough results and unless he goes on a good run and finishes midtable we need to get rid in the summer.

In terms of results he certainly isn't but as I said let's just see if we are even a premiership club at the end of the season first. It's easy to pick the odd game also I could say the Man Utd 3 - 0, the Stoke 3 - 0, the Chelsea 3 - 2, the Chelsea 2 - 0 , the Man City 2 -0 were better than anything you have listed above. Everyone is entitled to gheir opinion and I'm going to leave it now and wait until the end of the season. It's funny that there is an argument as to who is the better manager when both are totally rancid mind. Wait and see that's my last word on the subject until May :-)

No, see that's what we need to wait to see, it'll take more games to make any kind of accurate comparison on results.  What we don't need to wait to see is the kind of Football both managers try to play, its already obvious that McClaren is better in that regard.

McClaren could lose every game from now until the end of the season and I'd still be convinced that any Newcastle fan who disliked him more than Pardew was utterly deranged.

:thup:

Even if you put personalities aside we have clearly played more expansive and less desperate football this season. I don't think McClaren is much cop but I've enjoyed a few games this season which is novel, and the bad games haven't been anywhere near as bad imo.

Well there I went overestimating some IQ points.

Since it was to be your LAST WORD until MAY and then you SPOKE ABOUT IT AGAIN literally TWO POSTS LATER I thought that was quite funny.

But I note that my calendar says FEBRUARY so more fool me.

Adam Johnson likes children, you know.

No, see that's what we need to wait to see, it'll take more games to make any kind of accurate comparison on results.  What we don't need to wait to see is the kind of Football both managers try to play, its already obvious that McClaren is better in that regard.

Nah not having that mind he asked for 10, 12, 15 the cups and he is still going on about things getting better as I said wait till May and let's see no use going on about it reall you have your view I have minre let's see if we are even in the premiership first.

Well there I went overestimating some IQ points.

Since it was to be your LAST WORD until MAY and then you SPOKE ABOUT IT AGAIN literally TWO POSTS LATER I thought that was quite funny.

But I note that my calendar says FEBRUARY so more fool me.

Adam Johnson likes children, you know.

So I hear  :snod:

The better football craic is weak imo. We are rock bottom of shot attempts aren't we? 6 away goals all season. Think we looked very good against WBA but that was down to Shelvey picking out great passes consistently more than anything.

Because we've still tried to play through the midfield instead of over it , like your idol had us do, despite only having a creative midfielder  recently?