Steve McClaren

Dave

As a man, McClaren is liked and admired by Charnley, Graham Carr, the chief scout and Bob Moncur, the club ambassador and there is considerable sympathy for the position of a coach who took training on Tuesday morning and is due to repeat the exercise on Wednesday morning.

:lol: Grim

Give him a job managing a Sports Direct branch if you feel that sorry for him!

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

NUFC LATEST: Steve McClaren waiting to be sacked with Rafa Benitez at the top of club's shortlist to replace him. More to follow @MailSport

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

NUFC LATEST: Steve McClaren waiting to be sacked with Rafa Benitez at the top of club's shortlist to replace him. More to follow @MailSport

plz

"Steve McClaren waiting to be sacked"[emoji38]

I hated Souness. I REALLY hated Pardew. I don't particularly dislike McClaren at all. I actually feel a bit sorry for him if all this is true[emoji38]

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Believe it when I see it.

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

As if Benitez is ever coming to nufc.

Where do they get this, if he does he must be so desperate or Fatman has done a total u turn and offered silly money, either way it would have to be short term so he could get rid after he keeps us up, then look for another monkey who he can pay peanuts too.

That Guardian piece sounds fairly positive overall, even if we have to wait a few days. Shame I don't believe it.

What? It reads to me that it's almost certain that McClaren will remain in place and they're posturing about sounding out other candidates which are very unlikely to want to come here and work under this mess of a setup. The soul searching and willingness to change things up is just laughable - they are as arrogant as they are ignorant. No way are they capable of such self-reflection, no way.

To me, it just looks like he's the ultimate fall-back option because they know it's their last chance to get that TV money.

I hated Souness. I REALLY hated Pardew. I don't particularly dislike McClaren at all. I actually feel a bit sorry for him if all this is true[emoji38]

I didn't like Souness, Pardew I sometimes disliked and sometimes thought was okay but I've hated McClaren since he was at Boro.

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Where do they get this, if he does he must be so desperate or Fatman has done a total u turn and offered silly money, either way it would have to be short term so he could get rid after he keeps us up, then look for another monkey who he can pay peanuts too.

Why not?

Keep us up and he's boosted his reputation massively.  We go down and everyone knows it's not his fault, he'll leave in the summer

win-win for someone like him

Sort of this. He looks broken lately and now being undermined by the club. If they fail to replace him how are the players meant to respect him?

I can't believe he hasn't walked. It's fairly degrading not to.

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

More likely to be one his cockney cronies like Glen Hoddle or Gerry Francis.

No way is Benitez putting his chopper on the block here.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's not an outright cunt like Pardew or Carver, certainly, but he's a complete and utter pansy who lacks the honour to do the decent thing and walk, as was the case with the England job. Pussies like that deserve the humiliation that invariably comes their way.

Guest Howaythetoon

One thing about Rafa is that he has worked at some incredibly difficult clubs with dubious owners/presidents operating difficult setups at times. I;m in no doubt he could work with these cunts, but he won't last long. I'm not so sure he would work as an interim manager either as his results at Chelsea were mixed. His methods and coaching take time to sink in. The club don't have that time.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's not an outright cunt like Pardew or Carver, certainly, but he's a complete and utter pansy who lacks the honour to do the decent thing and walk, as was the case with the England job. Pussies like that deserve the humiliation that invariably comes their way.

Agreed. 100%.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/08/newcastle-steve-mcclaren-clings-job-rafael-benitez?CMP=share_btn_tw

Mike Ashley, the owner, will not sanction a change unless the new appointment is a definite “upgrade” on McClaren. The board are believed to want to hire a replacement capable of exciting deeply disgruntled supporters and have effectively ruled Nigel Pearson, the former Leicester manager and Harry Redknapp out of the running.

Who actually believes this horsesh*t? I couldnt care less about being excited by the club and haven't for some time. Supporting NUFC isn't about entertainment anymore, its a chore, a boring obligation to sit through now and again.

Grind out 10 unwatchable 1-0 wins, we can talk about excitement another time....

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

Why not?

Keep us up and he's boosted his reputation massively.  We go down and everyone knows it's not his fault, he'll leave in the summer

win-win for someone like him

Worked for Shearer :thup:

Oh wait...