Steve McClaren

Dave

This is the most frustrating thing ever.

Why is Ashley just sitting losing millions?

Because once again he has put the power into the hands of people who:

a) Don't have a clue

b) Would rather save themselves/their own face, at the expense of us going down

Charnley doesn't want to sack McClaren, as he would have to resign too. That's what this is all about.

The longer it drags on, the bigger fools the owner, and his puppets will look. National media certainly going for it since the weekend.

Ashleys an intelligent man and it doesn't take a whole lot to figure out that we have no chance of staying up with McClaren.

Perhaps he should take it by the balls himself and cut out the middle men for once. He's going to lose an awful lot of money if he doesn't.

Ashleys an intelligent man and it doesn't take a whole lot to figure out that we have no chance of staying up with McClaren.

Perhaps he should take it by the balls himself and cut out the middle men for once. He's going to lose an awful lot of money if he doesn't.

That may be true in the business world, but I've seen no evidence of it when it comes to football.

I don't see why? We'll probably be better with a caretaker in charge.

Only if we were going to need a caretaker for a few weeks while we shop around for a new manager. Far better to open talks with a proper candidate and get him in instead of the caretaker.

I don't see why we cant sack him, let the other staff take over and see if we can get someone else in permanent or temp. It may still work out better if the coaching staff have had good ideas he has dismissed.

Cannot be any worse.

Only if we were going to need a caretaker for a few weeks while we shop around for a new manager. Far better to open talks with a proper candidate and get him in instead of the caretaker.

Aye for sure.

I agree. Will not make any difference if McClaren is here or not.  He's a dead man walking so it's best to just get shot now. Clean break until we get the next sorry soul in.