Steve McClaren

Dave

If we were somehow able to get Benitez, he would be the best signing/ appointment in our history. It would also mean the whole clubs philosophy/ model would have changed for him to agree to it.

Btw I don't think he would be completely against our transfer model to some degree.

In my lifetime there has only been 2 appointments that have been historical in the clubs history. KK first time around and SBR. RB appointment would be up there with them. Hence why I don't think it will happen with these lot running us.

If we were somehow able to get Benitez, he would be the best signing/ appointment in our history. It would also mean the whole clubs philosophy/ model would have changed for him to agree to it.

Btw I don't think he would be completely against our transfer model to some degree.

I don't know what gives you that impression, it's exactly the reason why it would never happen IMO.

I don't know what gives you that impression, it's exactly the reason why it would never happen IMO.

well hes seeking assurances and maybe there has been a shift with the january spending?

edit  this again.

Benitez man :fwap:

fucks sake ,hope and dreams

I mean that at Real and Inter he never had final say, and I am aware using those two clubs in the same sentence as ours is a it silly, but the point still stands.

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

NUFC LATEST: Steve McClaren waiting to be sacked with Rafa Benitez at the top of club's shortlist to replace him. More to follow @MailSport

As if Benitez is ever coming to nufc.

Where do they get this, if he does he must be so desperate or Fatman has done a total u turn and offered silly money, either way it would have to be short term so he could get rid after he keeps us up, then look for another monkey who he can pay peanuts too.

Why not?

Keep us up and he's boosted his reputation massively.  We go down and everyone knows it's not his fault, he'll leave in the summer

win-win for someone like him

This is not true - at all. A manager like Benitez is judged by the trophies he wins. League titles. Perhaps CL qualification and performance. He's not likely to get the Valencia job again because he keeps us up. It makes little difference. Unless he genuinely wants to manage NUFC there's no upside to giving it a go career wise.

One slight advantage regarding Benitez is that if he really wants to manage in England again, there aren't that many options open to him.

And I suppose we're close ish to the Wirral, but he'd want his head looked at coming here.

CraigHope_DM'

Craig Hope

@CraigHope_DM

NUFC LATEST: Steve McClaren waiting to be sacked with Rafa Benitez at the top of club's shortlist to replace him. More to follow @MailSport

As if Benitez is ever coming to nufc.

Where do they get this, if he does he must be so desperate or Fatman has done a total u turn and offered silly money, either way it would have to be short term so he could get rid after he keeps us up, then look for another monkey who he can pay peanuts too.

Why not?

Keep us up and he's boosted his reputation massively.  We go down and everyone knows it's not his fault, he'll leave in the summer

win-win for someone like him

This is not true - at all. A manager like Benitez is judged by the trophies he wins. League titles. Perhaps CL qualification and performance. He's not likely to get the Valencia job again because he keeps us up. It makes little difference. Unless he genuinely wants to manage NUFC there's no upside to giving it a go career wise.

Exactly.  Makes a difference to his bank balance though.  No one is gonna be like "Rafa is shit now, he got relegated with Newcastle who were going down regardless".  Keep us up and he's basically saved the titanic.

Win-win

One slight advantage regarding Benitez is that if he really wants to manage in England again, there aren't that many options open to him.

There's no way his stock has fallen so far that he couldn't walk into 3/4ths of the clubs in the league if he really wanted. :lol:

"Hi. Fire your guy. Hire me."

"Okay"

:lol:

There's no way his stock has fallen so far that he couldn't walk into 3/4ths of the clubs in the league if he really wanted. :lol:

"Hi. Fire your guy. Hire me."

"Okay"

:lol:

You can rule out Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs (unless they lost Poch and even then I don't think they'd go for him), Arsenal and Chelsea.  That's 7 gone already.

Can't see West Ham getting rid of Bilic or Soton getting rid of Koeman (unless he goes to Holland).  You aren't left with that many attractive options outside of that.