Steve McClaren

Dave

Has nobody realised yet that journalists just talk shit and have as much as an idea as we do?

How hard is it to link unemployed managers who have expressed a desire to work in the Premier League with a club in the shit?  9/10 times what they say never happens, 1/10 times they get it correct by a lucky guess.

Look at Luke Edwards' tweets for example, every day he has posted some shit that just hasn't materialised... eventually, one of his tweets will materialise and he'll claim to be "in the know".

Craig Hope doing his best to get our hopes up

I'm only back from work couldn't be bothered to go through the previous pages ! Hows craig he getting our hopes up ?

His latest tweet:

Craig Hope ‏@CraigHope_DM 26m26 minutes ago

NUFC UPDATE: Rafa Benitez IS interested in talking to NUFC. More to follow @MailSport.

Guest chopey

I think Ashley would need to be involved to get Benitez, he would need guarantees that only he could sanction.

I'm only back from work couldn't be bothered to go through the previous pages ! Hows craig he getting our hopes up ?

His latest tweet:

Craig Hope ‏@CraigHope_DM 26m26 minutes ago

NUFC UPDATE: Rafa Benitez IS interested in talking to NUFC. More to follow @MailSport.

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

One slight advantage regarding Benitez is that if he really wants to manage in England again, there aren't that many options open to him.

Man U and Chelsea, no. Perhaps Spurs if Poch is knicked. Everton too perhaps.

Why would he manage Everton?

If you go for Benitez at this point it's surely only a ten game offer then take the gamble that he keeps us up, the players and fans get behind him and he decides to give it a go.

Trying to sell him on a 3 year deal or whatever seems like a tall order for this set of cunts unless they're literally gonna offer him £100m to spend however he likes, control of everything and a competitive salary.

It's a nonstarter, really. Ashley's fucked himself by being a lying cunt and letting everybody know he's a lying cunt. Anybody with an existing reputation who's worth their salt would steer well clear or require assurances Ashley either wouldn't give or which would take substantial effort to negotiate.

Tweeting alot about Rafa, most recently saying that he is interested in speaking to us.

Cheers lads... If we where to somehow get Rafa in my girlfriends pelvis would be smashed in for a good week I'd be that excited