Steve McClaren

Dave

He's that bloke on SSN that appears on transfer deadline day and annunciates every word.

http://i63.tinypic.com/11gug3r.jpg

"Come here little girl, see if you can tell what I have in my pockets"

His Johnson?

There probably never was a meeting planned, just a way for SSN to keep people viewing.

I don't believe for a second that no-one from the board has spoken to him. He's a fucking board member himself. He's apparently big mates with Graham Carr. We're being played, plain and simple.

Played to what end, them announcing he's going to see out the season? Don't know why they'd bother tbh it's not like things got as heated as they did with Pardew and this charade (if it's that) won't succeed in dampening anger against him or them when the mackems beat and relegate us.

McClaren will take training tomorrow morning. Charnley and McClaren have spoken this afternoon

He must be staying then, there is no other conversation that could have that leads to him taking training again tomorrow.

What a bizarre club we really are, such a weird weird club.

I'm getting a bit tired of the he's a board member thing. It's just a benign nod to them showing they value the role of head coach when they don't; they do what the f*** they like.

Howay man. I would be very surprised if McClaren and Carr didn't speak on a regular, maybe even daily basis. They are supposed to be friends, Carr evidently campaigned for him to get the job, we practically begged him to come here, three times no less. Are we supposed to believe nobody has spoken to/with him since Saturday? Do they ignore him when he calls them to find out what's happening while speculation about his position and possible replacements is rife in the outside world? It's far more likely that McClaren knows exactly what's going on in my opinion, which points to another case of their tried and tested methodology of extensive public posturing and press leaks until the shit storm settles down and they go on as if nothing has ever happened (i.e. Pardew after Stoke, Carver in January) hoping that our woes somehow take care of themselves as they are too gutless to tackle a problem head on and deal with it effectively.

McClaren will take training tomorrow morning. Charnley and McClaren have spoken this afternoon

He must be staying then, there is no other conversation that could have that leads to him taking training again tomorrow.

Maybe. But at the same time he's under contract. It's his job to take training :lol: Unless he walks out, he has to do it

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6v5thbZ4i1qd7lyl.gif

There probably never was a meeting planned, just a way for SSN to keep people viewing.

I don't believe for a second that no-one from the board has spoken to him. He's a f***ing board member himself. He's apparently big mates with Graham Carr. We're being played, plain and simple.

Played to what end, them announcing he's going to see out the season? Don't know why they'd bother tbh it's not like things got as heated as they did with Pardew and this charade (if it's that) won't succeed in dampening anger against him or them when the mackems beat and relegate us.

Forget about logic, this lot are complete morons as proven time and time again.

Maybe. But at the same time he's under contract. It's his job to take training :lol: Unless he walks out, he has to do it

I just can't even imagine a conversation with them that ends with McClaren taking training and still losing his job. Surely Charnley wasn't saying well we are in talks with a few people, so until we fire you just keep taking training?

I don't believe for a second that no-one from the board has spoken to him. He's a f***ing board member himself. He's apparently big mates with Graham Carr. We're being played, plain and simple.

Forget about logic, this lot are complete morons as proven time and time again.

Granted. There would have to be some kind of thinking involved though ffs, otherwise they'd have just said he's stopping now shut the fuck up.

I'm going with their classic levels of outright ineptitude and disregard for people personally. They want a replacement but are fucking that up and don't care enough about Steve McClaren to treat him in a dignified fashion knowing full well if they can't get a replacement he'll stop on like the lapdog he is.

Part of me really hoping he's taken legal advice, quits tomorrow and Keegans it[emoji38]

Guest antz1uk

Reading between the lines McClaren knows his time's up but probably happy to keep things ticking over until areplacement is found, then he'll get his payoff

I don't believe for a second that no-one from the board has spoken to him. He's a fucking board member himself. He's apparently big mates with Graham Carr. We're being played, plain and simple.

This is what I've been thinking tonight, playing the victim game to get us back on side with McUseless and hoping to scrape a draw or flukey win vs Leicester so all can be forgiven and brushed under the carpet.

I just can't even imagine a conversation with them that ends with McClaren taking training and still losing his job. Surely Charnley wasn't saying "well we are in talks with a few people, so until we fire you just keep taking training?"

I dunno, that sounds like exactly the kind of thing he'd say :lol:

Read somewhere that people at the club like McClaren as a bloke.. it could be nothing more than Charnley saying look Steve we're going to look elsewhere and him saying he will keep us ticking over until that happens. Lack of information from the club has lead to speculation and panic  :lol:

It could also be we try and fail to bring someone in and he stays  :frantic:

I don't think I've ever heard of a manager (head coach I know) in football who was kept on while there was a quite public search for his replacement going on. Our lot like to do things differently, but I still think it's highly unlikely, especially the McClaren going along with it part. Surely he would demand to be put on gardening leave if he had effectively been told to be the caretaker until they've found their guy?

The running joke that is Newcastle United, keeps on going and getting worse. I agree with what Poot said earlier to some extent - us supporters are being deliberately misled and trolled again.

Shameful. The club deserves to crash and burn - people should walk away now.

It's not so much the lack of information, there's not much they can tell us without there being a decision made, it's hardly wise to come out and say they don't want McClaren but if they can't find an alternative then he stays, that just undermines him in the worst possible way. The problem here is the inaction and the indecision of it all, make a fucking decision and stick to it, it's not difficult. Instead they just look like a bunch of fucking clowns. The only wrong thing to do is to do nothing at all and I'd say they've cracked it.