Capello confirmed as new England manager

kirkwdavis2001
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest alijmitchell

Jesus, i'm really hoping this doesn't turn up to be another scolari sized farce, and that we end up with someone like steve coppell...

Considering that he already stated long time ago that Portugal is the only national team he will ever manage, I'm surprised he even "considered" taking the job..

Or was it just media game to get himself a new job at AC Milan or Barcelona..

Guest Ridzuan

Pretty disappointed that he decided not to choose to be the England manager because now I have to support a new team that he is going to manage,whichever club that is (doesnt apply to premiership teams though).My guess is now on Capello or Lippi,O'Neill is a far bet I think.

I 'd like to see O'Neill get it,and despite statements to the contrary,i think he'd take it.

The guy has a clause in his contract that he can leave if England come knocking (allegedly). You dont have a clause like that and then say 'no' when they ask.

Aren't England fans a bit like the stereotype Newcastle fan in that we all like attacking football above all else? The football played by Jose Mourinho, Fabio Capello and Marcello Lippi's teams isn't gung-ho enough for some. Real Madrid are said to have sacked Fabio Capello because the fans didn't like the way his team played (even though they won the title). It will be interesting to see what happens if one of the Italians gets the job.

Aren't England fans a bit like the stereotype Newcastle fan in that we all like attacking football above all else? The football played by Jose Mourinho, Fabio Capello and Marcello Lippi's teams isn't gung-ho enough for some. Real Madrid are said to have sacked Fabio Capello because the fans didn't like the way his team played (even though they won the title). It will be interesting to see what happens if one of the Italians gets the job.

Thats what I was thinking too.

I can't imagine Capello bringing entertaining football. I would've thought Barwick would've had that down as a prerequisite given the poor showing lately.

I can't imagine Capello bringing entertaining football. I would've thought Barwick would've had that down as a prerequisite given the poor showing lately.

Entertaining football? We should be concerned about qualifying first before thinking about entertaining the crowd.

On the cards IMO, i never got the feeling he genuinely wanted the job, he doesn't seem the type who is prepared to wait months between games and would be much better going back into club football where he won't be short of offers.

Seemed like he only did it to force the hands of a few clubs.

Entertaining football? We should be concerned about qualifying first before thinking about entertaining the crowd.

Precisely. 

Entertaining compared to what anyway?