Capello confirmed as new England manager

kirkwdavis2001
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm all for foreign managers, but if they can't talk the language then whats the point? As far as I know Capello doesn't talk it - correct me if i'm wrong.

Apparently he's big mates with Ferguson. Do you think Fergie speaks Italian?

He hardly speaks fucking english.

Guest michaelfoster

Jose wont take it

Shearer - no thanks

Allardyce - ruled himself out

Redknapp - hahahahaha

Lippi - does he speak english?

Capello - wants to work in england but would he prefer a big club job?

Pearce - no

Klinsmann - lives in LA, would probably want to commute

Guest sicko2ndbest

Get on every poll you can and back the man.

There is a poll on just about every major newspaper. Links can be found on the BBC sports gossip link

Jose wont take it

Shearer - no thanks

Allardyce - ruled himself out

Redknapp - hahahahaha

Lippi - does he speak english?

Capello - wants to work in england but would he prefer a big club job?

Pearce - no

Klinsmann - lives in LA, would probably want to commute

Capello has said he wants the job.

all this about shearer for england ... tbh what does he know about managing a club? he will need a few years in a club who plays nearly every week before he takes over at england

as ive already said, mourinho for newcastle

all this about shearer for england ... tbh what does he know about managing a club?

What did Klinsmann know about managing a club..

Shearer's influence alone would get would get more out of the team than McClaren ever did.

I think managing England would suit him more than managing us.

I'm all for foreign managers, but if they can't talk the language then whats the point? As far as I know Capello doesn't talk it - correct me if i'm wrong.

Apparently he's big mates with Ferguson. Do you think Fergie speaks Italian?

Perhaps they converse in utter bollocks.

Guest Mr Nipple

all this about shearer for england ... tbh what does he know about managing a club?

What did Klinsmann know about managing a club..

Shearer's influence alone would get would get more out of the team than McClaren ever did.

I think managing England would suit him more than managing us.

Not just Klinsmann, but managers like Franz Beckenbauer, Rudi Voller, Mark Hughes, Marco van Basten, Slaven Bilic, all managed their national team as their first job and without experience.

So I agree with Scott, managing England is a perfect job for Shearer.

Was going to post this yesterday but didn't think in a million years he would be interested.

The best candidate for the job is Rafa Benitez.

He may continually feck up the league, but in a one-off situation he is the best tacticion currently working in the Premier League.

People tout around the likes of Redknapp and O'Neill, but international management is a different game to club management, Redknapps ability in the transfer market (his key strength) would be lost with England, wheras Rafa is a bit iffy in the transfer market but excellent at changing games during the 90 minutes.

I also think Fat Sam would suit England a lot better than he does us fwiw

Was going to post this yesterday but didn't think in a million years he would be interested.

The best candidate for the job is Rafa Benitez.

He may continually feck up the league, but in a one-off situation he is the best tacticion currently working in the Premier League.

People tout around the likes of Redknapp and O'Neill, but international management is a different game to club management, Redknapps ability in the transfer market (his key strength) would be lost with England, wheras Rafa is a bit iffy in the transfer market but excellent at changing games during the 90 minutes.

I also think Fat Sam would suit England a lot better than he does us fwiw

And Benitez is apparently interested (or is at least feigning an interest).

Good news. I think the most important quality of the next manager is that he's a winner and wont listen to the press, something id be afraid that most british managers might do.

We really need a jose-type manager, someone who is very confident and knows how he wants the team to play

• 3 weeks later...