Newcastle United 0 vs Liverpool 3 - 24/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

James

i remember fondly the people proclaiming viduka coming back would make all the difference :lol:

turned the corner for me, i want him gone if we have a top class replacement in line. i think if he has enough time, he will improve us as a club, unlike roeder and souness, but he's made too many mistakes, elementary mistakes, for me to support him any more.

i dont think allardyce understands that if we try and draw every away game we will end up with something like 12 wins, 36 points. we'll escape relegation, but finish around 15th.

Viduka is woefully short of match fitness to rip apart. Its pretty harsh to pin any blame on him, especially as he had no support from midfield or anyone else.

Great points from toontownman there.

The answer isn't "sack, sack, sack" - where has it gotten us so far?

aye guess you are right there but ashley might think differently  :huff:

Guest kingdawson

Martin Jol anyone?

No.

Why not? Aside from his transfer dealings he's a good manager, step up from Sam.

Is he?

yes he is obviously

Why? His record this season was far worse than ours after spending almost double the money.

Tbf Jol is (or was until this season) a good motivator but isnt really up to much tactically (at least on a defensive side imo). One thing he wont do though is experiment different formations during games (something your current manager seems to like doing). Jol is a manager that never ever likes to kill games off, he'd much rather just sit back and soak up pressure when your 2-0 up which ultimatly results in the opposition scoring and you having the scariest last 20 or so minutes of your life.

Shucks i missed it.

u mean the match? u should be glad u missed it

I'm paying around £100 (for the day) to go and see the Arsenal game though. Can't wait. :lol:

shouldnt of bothered. should of bought tickets for blackburn instead

Its not the getting beat its the fkn piss poor performances thats the worst thing, Sam has not got a clue, he can only play long ball football and if that does not work he is clueless to what to try next!!

Will he be sacked? even Souness and Roeder did not get that much clear and loud stick

"big Sam for england" and " you don't know what your doing" is a pretty clear message I would say.

Are you suggesting we should have stuck with Roeder or Souness?

A fairly simple solution would be to make the right appointment in the first place, then there would be no need for "sack, sack, sack".

I stand ready to be criticised because I have not had time to read any of the previous posts and I was only able to catch 5 minutes or so of the match but....

We have a new Chairman, New Board, New Manager, New Defenders etc yet it seems no better than last season.. if not worse. Whats the one thing that has remained constant... US.. the fans.

i honestly believe that the fans are the root of all the problems. I know its nigh on impossible to get motivated when the team are performing poorly but until we are able to give 100% support during the 90 minutes and to get behind them vocally, regardless of the performance, the players are never ever going to respond on the pitch. It doesnt matter which 11 you have wearing the shirts.

Sadly, it will never happen so no matter which manager we get in, which players we get, us fans are always going to drag us down.

Fucking depressed I am this afternoon

Shucks i missed it.

I'm paying around £100 (for the day) to go and see the Arsenal game though. Can't wait. :lol:

Aye we'll win that one like. :lol:

Yeah but where has appointng the wrong managers got us?

Sounds a bit crazy but when we are appointing our next manager Bobby Robson should select him.  We needa football man on the board.

Exactly, I was waiting for someone to show the other side of the coin.

Toon's Taylor has it spot-on though - Ashley and Mort either back Allardyce to the hilt or they hire a manager who will be given more time by our fans to get it right - a popular choice. They've got the PR side of things spot-on so far, but hiring managers is where they live and die.

It's a massive gamble either way and there are more interesting times ahead for this club before we see any consistency.

Shucks i missed it.

Aye we'll win that one like. :lol:

no but its more fun

Guest justin99.

I hope Ashley gets to see the video clip of Carr casually ambling onto the pitch with a jokey grin on his face when we're 3-0 down.

Pay him the rest of his contract and tell him to f*ck off, please.

we don't know what he was laughing about though.

The thing is though, Sam wasn't their guy so it's a bit different.

Why should they stick with him? They were probably very smart not to give him a lot of money in the summer. They haven't backed him a lot with funds so why deal with this mess?

Surely they would be a lot more comfortable dealing with whatever the situation was if they had their man in charge right? This is Freddy's mess.

You could argue we need to make a complete break from the past regime now.

I hope Ashley gets to see the video clip of Carr casually ambling onto the pitch with a jokey grin on his face when we're 3-0 down.

being booed at probably

being booed at probably

probably laughing about the fact that our defense still sucked even when we were without him

we've just got to hope the teams below us continue to do as badly as us until the transfer window, until he can bring in palyers who can play 433 ... because he cant play any other way

Are you suggesting we should have stuck with Roeder or Souness?

A fairly simple solution would be to make the right appointment in the first place, then there would be no need for "sack, sack, sack".

It's never that easy though, because you know as well as I do that the fans are never 100% behind an appointment - the only man I could see getting anywhere near enough patience/backing/support/feelgood factor behind him is Alan Shearer, much the same as Kevin Keegan was.

It's never been this difficult to be Newcastle manager, though, and Special K came in at the perfect time.

A lot more goes into a successful managerial appointment than simply making the "right appointment".

The vast majority of people saw Allardyce as the "right appointment" when he came in under Shepherd, then the club gets taken over by a billionaire and the doubters began to multiply when more factors came into the equation.

It would be magic if it was as simple as you say it could be.

EDIT: Also, if we'd stuck with Roeder then perhaps when Ashley/Mort came in they could have brought in their own man with them... food for thought.

The thing is though, Sam wasn't their guy so it's a bit different.

Why should they stick with him? They were probably very smart not to give him a lot of money in the summer. They haven't backed him a lot with funds so why deal with this mess?

Surely they would be a lot more comfortable dealing with whatever the situation was if they had their man in charge right? This is Freddy's mess.

You could argue we need to make a complete break from the past regime now.

Well of course, I've already stated the same as that though further up the page.

They either back him to the hilt, or get their own man who the fans will rally behind.