Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Newcastle - 01/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

I can only assume those moaning haven't been able to see the game today.

It could have been any score, we should have had a blatant penalty for a start.

So should they tbf.

It would of been harsh though, geremi was like 2ft away when it hit him were as emerton whacked the ball with his hand in his own box when he didn't need to.

Who Mentioned Mourinho KAKA

FFS you lot gop on about great performances yet we still lose 3-1 

and for some of the childish bastards on here im not 12 ive been suffering life as a newcastle supporter for around 4 decades now

Only 5 points ahead of the Mackems now says it all

This Fat b****** will take us down if we dont get rid

Be honest at the moment where are points coming from????

who do you see us beating??

I think after Arsenal we have a good set of games at the start of December to pick up points, if we play like we play like today.

I can only assume those moaning haven't been able to see the game today.

It could have been any score, we should have had a blatant penalty for a start.

So should they tbf.

It would of been harsh though, geremi was like 2ft away when it hit him were as emerton whacked the ball with his hand in his own box when he didn't need to.

Harsh but it would have been a goal if it hadn't hit his hand.

Guest iliketoonarmy

conclusion,

at home,poor performance = Liverpool 3-0

away,good performance = Blackburn 3-1

There's surely some improvement let's be happy about it.

And for those idiots who assumed I never watch the match,I have watched every Newcastle game for this season.

and for some of the childish bastards on here im not 12 ive been suffering life as a newcastle supporter for around 4 decades now

I think after Arsenal we have a good set of games at the start of December to pick up points, if we play like we play like today.

We play Birmingham and they Chelsea i think

lads deserve some applause for the preformance. The scoreline doesn't do us justice in any way.

Heck, if we keep playing like this we might even be able to turn things around after getting slaughtered midweek by arsenal.

Guest optimistic nit

by the way blackburn totally deserved to win. we had more shots but they took theirs, we deserved fuck all, and luck doesn't come into it. very good performance by the sounds of it, but i saw the last goal and thats what we can't do, finish chances like that, we'd find away to cock it up.

Some of the posts in this thread are fucking unbelievable. We played well in patches today, we showed commitment, the support was tremendous, the likes of Milner, Barton and Smith probably had some of their best games this season. Anyway, Allardyce out, who gives a shit.

Spot on. At least we had a real go today, from the line-up and tactics to the performances and substitutions.

Blackburn are better than us, and have better quality than us, so we lost.

Winning and losing isn't really that important to me this year tbh, can't see anything but mid-table as our finishing point for the season.

It's the performances. Last few have been shocking, but this is the kind of game today where we've been pushovers in for years. This is the type of game we've needed to develop more spine in, and from the looks of today it seems that maybe we're doing that.

Need to do it consistently mind you, but if we can do that then it's a great sign for once we're able to add some more quality to our team.

we've won at ewood two seasons in a row.

I didn't mean Blackburn away specifically.

Thought that was obvious.

we always take a huge crowd there and usually put in a good show so i wouldn't really class it as the type of away game we usually do bad in. we've done better than this under roeder and souness so i won't do any cartwheels yet.

tugay scores.

What exactly about my post screams "doing cartwheels" FFS?

My point was basically that's it's an encouraging performance. There's a whole lot still wrong with us and I'm fully aware of the fact that this performance doesn't mean we're fine now or anything.

Didn't deserve to lose.

our defence is a disgrace, until we sort it we don't deserve to win

Harsh to blame the defence when it sounded like both Bentley's goals were unstoppable and Tugays was when we had pushed on, maybe an error by Beye, but I'll wait and see it before I judge it.

I think they sort of chased the game through and out, we were better in the first half, and apart from those infamous minutes after Martins' goal we controlled the play all over while they counterattacked, luckily for them it turned out successfull, but they know they didn't deserve this. Looked a lot like our game there last season, but the opposite.

We cant take our chances and we cant defend, today wasnt a good game lads because it proved those two point if it wasnt already apparent

It was a better performance than we've previously had but sometimes I get the feeling when we attack we don't know what we are going to do with it so it eventually comes to nothing or a long ball. There was some nice passing moves at times though. Blackburn won because they opened us up better than we opened them up and they wern't exactly rock solid either.

We play Birmingham and they Chelsea i think

We play Birmingham, Wigan, Fulham and Derby before a trip to Chelsea.

Gutted!Seen the whole second half and have to say I was impressed.No way we deserved to lose,also what the fuck,the clearest pen you will ever see!Alot of positives to take away from that game,but as usual our defending let us down!Sam should have taken Butt off for the last 15 mins and brought on Emre.Improvement from Barton but still no way near his best,should have scored!Carr injured YET AGAIN!If we keep playing like that away from home,we will be ok!Bring on the Arsenal!Also thought our fans were immense! :clap:

Plenty of effort, but precious little else.

Balls, to be honest. A little bit soft at the back, but there were moments of quality and decent partnerships out there today.

No, just an opinion that differs from yours.

The solution is Sam Allardyce OUT NOW and the players play in our best positions, N' Zogbia no Left Back is Left Winger and Milner no Left Winger is Right Winger.

conclusion,

at home,poor performance = Liverpool 3-0

away,good performance = Blackburn 3-1

There's surely some improvement let's be happy about it.

And for those idiots who assumed I never watch the match,I have watched every Newcastle game for this season.

My hero..nice analysis there from you there.