FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Arsenal (away)

Jamie

The only consolation is, if you're going to win it you're going to have to beat the big teams anyway.

Yes but a cup run and some momentum would of helped greatly, not lumbered with two tough away ties straight off.

Also the bigger team will have an eye on the league and the CL, whereas we've got fuk all.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

We reckon we'll top 30k in the replay then if we all know we're going out to Arsenal even if we manage to topple the mighty Stoke?

We reckon we'll top 30k in the replay then if we all know we're going out to Arsenal even if we manage to topple the mighty Stoke?

I think we'd have struggled with 30k to begin with, mate.

I think Stoke would be more "up for it" then NC, not to knock either team but the state Newcastle are in at the moment, id think they're the easier of the 2

An Arsenal fans opinion on the draw. :lol:

Shameful but true.

Stoke are a much tougher proposition than us right now.

The only consolation is, if you're going to win it you're going to have to beat the big teams anyway.

Millwall got to the final without playing Premier League opposition a couple of years ago. I was hoping for a similar slice of luck tbh. Bet it's on the fucking telly too. They only keep showing us in the hope it's the game in which Allardyce gets the heave-ho.

Guest johnson293

Also the bigger team will have an eye on the league and the CL, whereas we've got fuk all.

That was the hope I clung to in 1999's final!!!!

Season over in January.

It's happened before although it seems more depressing than usual this time. We haven't lost yet of course but let's face it, it will take a miracle to get past Arsenal the way both teams are playing.

Millwall got to the final without playing Premier League opposition a couple of years ago. I was hoping for a similar slice of luck tbh. Bet it's on the fucking telly too. They only keep showing us in the hope it's the game in which Allardyce gets the heave-ho.

Who did they play in the final? :lol:

I think Stoke would be more "up for it" then NC, not to knock either team but the state Newcastle are in at the moment, id think they're the easier of the 2

An Arsenal fans opinion on the draw. :lol:

Shameful but true.

Stoke are a much tougher proposition than us right now.

No they aren't. They'd expect to beat us both easily. "Much tougher propostion" is overdoing it a fair bit. They were up for it at home against us but they're pretty ordinary in every department. Just like us.

this season is getting beyond a joke !

any maths boffins want to calculate the chances of drawing arsenal away for the 2nd round tie of a both cups ?

as someone above said, you've got to beat the big boys to win the cup and I'd rather get done by one of them in the early rounds than face the inevitable semi final / final disspointment.