Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Does anybody else think somebody else is doing these deals not MA?

Seems abit like he's making the club even less sellable selling it's better players.

Or is he just sabotaging the club?

Seems abit like he's making the club even less sellable selling it's better players.

Until he sells then it's the latter.

Guest Stephen927

Lowering the wage bill in case he has to hang onto the club beyond this summer.

Signed. Club text, no fee mentioned

Wait, they're sending those for players we're flogging? :lol:

First one I think they've done actually.  Dont remember getting anything else so far.  Then again,  I stopped paying for them about 3 years ago,  so I can't complain :lol:

Guest Wally_McFool

These are  the million dollar questions!

3 year contract.

Reckon that was more important for him than getting Premiership football. He's not at an age where he could have afforded to wait around hoping for an extension that might never be offered.

Best of luck to him, was a mid-to-high calibre player for us and this is an excellent signing for Villa. I don't think he's slowed down all that much, seems to be one of those naturally athletic guys who'll not put on weight, and combined with his defensive ability and experience he'll probably be good for at least a couple of years.

He was a good player, and will probably finally get the plaudits he deserves at Villa. (Albeit only for a year or two with his age)

It pains me to think that we could have kept him if the club was in any sort of normal state, but given the reality we face right now selling him and Bassong was inevitable. Time to move on.

And lads, please, we're not going to get relegated to League One just because we've sold those among our squad who are too good to be playing in the second division :lol:. Have you seen what the teams that usually occupy the bottom of the table look like?

Granted, it's probably more likely than promotion, but still... Not going to happen.

Guest palnese

Not that bothered he's left , don't feel anything for him. He proved in the last few weeks he's just the same as the rest of the pricks which want away.

Guest Wally_McFool

And lads, please, we're not going to get relegated to League One just because we've sold those among our squad who are too good to be playing in the second division :lol:. Have you seen what the teams that usually occupy the bottom of the table look like?

Have you seen how many defenders we have left?

Have you seen how many prolific goal scorers we have in our squad?

Have you seen the dazzling pace we have in our team?

Unless replacements are brought in quick sharpish, we have an excellent chance of being relegated again.  :frantic:

I don't know why people are blaming him for moving. He's done his best for us and put his body on the line at the end of last season. He stated he would be happy to stay and help us get promotion and I have no doubts he would have IF he had a manager and was given a contract extension. What was he supposed to do? He doesn't owe us anything. He could have stayed with us in this current mess and went into the new season with no manager and a contract which offers him no security if he gets a bad injury, or he could sign for Aston Villa with a 3 year contract in his pocket, playing in a good team with a good manager and he will be challenging in the top 6 next season. Its a no fucking brainer. Some people need to think for a minute.

Unless replacements are brought in quick sharpish, we have an excellent chance of being relegated again.  :frantic:

Have you seen what the teamsheet for a relegated Championship club looks like?

Guest Lets Dance

Cant blame the guy for moving on at all. He's 31 so this is most likely his last contract.

Just pleased for him that he moved to a proper club and not bloody Hull!

We will end up in no mans land if we don't sort this fucking mess out sharpish, but relegated from the Championship? I take your point about the defence and we really do need to strengthen there (I think we will in the end), but we will definitely have Carroll, Ameobi, Ranger, Smith and Duff (if we're desperate) available for us. I don't think we will lose any of them due to huge wages, not being good enough for a Premiership team to sign, and the young lads will feel they will have a chance to shine. Them players there will see that we're not totally fucked up front. Theres nobody who thinks we need a couple of strikers more than me like, but if the worst comes to worst. Lets not delude ourselves into thinking this squad is strong enough for any sort of promotion push, but it won't go down either.

Guest Wally_McFool

Have you seen what the teamsheet for a relegated Championship club looks like?

Go on then, tell me what the teamsheet for a relegated Championship club looks like.

Have you ever seen Newcastle play second tier football?

We will end up in no mans land if we don't sort this f***ing mess out sharpish, but relegated from the Championship? I take your point about the defence and we really do need to strengthen there (I think we will in the end), but we will definitely have Carroll, Ameobi, Ranger, Smith and Duff (if we're desperate) available for us. I don't think we will lose any of them due to huge wages, not being good enough for a Premiership team to sign, and the young lads will feel they will have a chance to shine. Them players there will see that we're not totally f***ed up front. Theres nobody who thinks we need a couple of strikers more than me like, but if the worst comes to worst. Lets not delude ourselves into thinking this squad is strong enough for any sort of promotion push, but it won't go down either.

I think a Premiership team would take a punt on Alan Smith and Duff by the end of the window tbh, could just be wishful thinking but seeing the likes of Zamora going for 5 million gives me hope.

We will end up in no mans land if we don't sort this f***ing mess out sharpish, but relegated from the Championship? I take your point about the defence and we really do need to strengthen there (I think we will in the end), but we will definitely have Carroll, Ameobi, Ranger, Smith and Duff (if we're desperate) available for us. I don't think we will lose any of them due to huge wages, not being good enough for a Premiership team to sign, and the young lads will feel they will have a chance to shine. Them players there will see that we're not totally f***ed up front. Theres nobody who thinks we need a couple of strikers more than me like, but if the worst comes to worst. Lets not delude ourselves into thinking this squad is strong enough for any sort of promotion push, but it won't go down either.

I think a Premiership team would take a punt on Alan Smith and Duff by the end of the window tbh, could just be wishful thinking but seeing the likes of Zamora going for 5 million gives me hope.

Can't see it at all. Isn't Duff meant to be on £60,000 and Smith on a similar wage as well? We would want £2-3m each for them I think plus any club who wants them will have to offer them a wage which isnt too far of what they're on now or they will just stay here.