Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Good luck to him. Was an excellent player for us in terms of value-for-money, and as part of a serious push for instant promition, should have been club captain this season with his contract extended.

Has every right to both leave and want to leave. He owes us nothing because he gave us good performances. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for us at this point in time, so there's no point in him staying and getting frustrated every week whilst we continue to be dogshit. This being his final year of his contract with us, he's at an age where he needs to "cash in" so to speak and land that final big contract that will probably see out his career before form/fitness starts taking a plunge.

Fact is I love Habib and am feeling bitter..... transfer requests suck!

they can be honest and up front. too often they are a last resort after the underhand stuff has failed.

Aye, good riddance Habib.

I, for one, am glad that your pathetic attempts at engineering a move away in the last month or so has gone massively unnoticed by fat Mike. I could've predicted that would happend mind you, as fat Mike is oblivious to what is going on around him. At least this time it paid off.

2 month ago, I would've happily seen Beye as captain of this football club, until he and his slimy agent decided to start fucking around. You've fallen a long way in the last month Mr Habib!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can't blame him.

He said he wanted to stay when he thought the club had direction and hope of rebuilding under Shearer. 8 weeks later and nothings happened, he's at the end of his career and his contracts running out soon.

I think Wullie and tmonkey are the only ones showing real perspective here. There aren't many quality players prepared to step down into a lower division when when they were not the reason we got relegated. Two questions need to be answered:

1) Did he give 100% for the club during which we were mostly struggling with a shit team?

2) Would he have stayed if there was a Manager and a serious intent to get straight back in the premier?

For me the answer to both questions is yes. The truth is the only players who are happy to play  for a club going nowhere in the Championship are the over-paid wasters like Smith, Duff, Geremi and Nolan..and that's because no one wants them because they are ...SHIT

A good defender who has been made out by the toon fans to be a world class player due to the lack of anything half decent at RB for a decade.

Would have been a good captain, i would have said perfect until the pre season, but has a touch of the Gallas about him in that department.

His age is a factor for me, its the last time were going to get good money for him, can see us getting £2m in a heartbeat, we might even hit the £3m mark considering how many teams are declaring an interest. He'll not be going to Sunderland because of that, and i don't think he'd do that to us, so end of they day we get another £45k off our wage bill and some money off the overdraft at the worst, and R Taylor should be good enough quality for us in the CCC while there are still a couple of free RB's floating about for cover or competition.

Can't say im that bothered about this, i wish him all the best at his mid table club.

Agree with most of what Toon's Taylor is saying. Especially about the wages. Only thing is I'm really not even sure if Ryan Taylor is even good enough at this level.

I think Wullie and tmonkey are the only ones showing real perspective here. There aren't many quality players prepared to step down into a lower division when when they were not the reason we got relegated. Two questions need to be answered:

1) Did he give 100% for the club during which we were mostly struggling with a shit team?

2) Would he have stayed if there was a Manager and a serious intent to get straight back in the premier?

For me the answer to both questions is yes. The truth is the only players who are happy to play  for a club going nowhere in the Championship are the over-paid wasters like Smith, Duff, Geremi and Nolan..and that's because no one wants them because they are ...SHIT

this

Agree with most of what Toon's Taylor is saying. Especially about the wages. Only thing is I'm really not even sure if Ryan Taylor is even good enough at this level.

I've read all this stuff about how certain players will be fine at this level, players like Nolan, Smith, Butt and Ryan Taylor come to mind and I can't say I'm as confident. This division is full of players with that sort of limited ability, I would think that the main difference will be hunger and fitness. I can see the leading teams in the division having more of it than us unless some signings are made.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Those few games R.Taylor had a RB last season are still giving me nightmares, might be harsh to say this, but I still feel like he personally lost his at least two matches when he was at RB. His marking was lackluster, his ability in the air wasn't evident and his physical strength is terrible.

Quite why our best player asking to leave is a good thing is beyond me.

Can't wait till we've a squad made up of the lads who want to be here and who are hungry for success at NUFC (i.e. nobody else will have them because they're on massive wedge and are absolutely fucking shit).

It isn't a good thing.

People are saying that he obviously wants away so much it's probably better if he goes. We're undoubtedly weaker for him leaving but if he's not 100% committed to the club then it's probably better he leaves. If a player wants away then he should be honest enough to say so and he has done so hats off to him. I'd rather he stayed but there you go.

Not the end of the world all things considered.  

Good post middleton. I'll miss Habib, great in his first season and decent last. I would also say he's the only player we've had who's looked as though he's genuinely cared in every game he's played over the last two seasons. I'll miss him, his first season displays are the best I've seen for us by a  right back in my time.

Those few games R.Taylor had a RB last season are still giving me nightmares, might be harsh to say this, but I still feel like he personally lost his at least two matches when he was at RB. His marking was lackluster, his ability in the air wasn't evident and his physical strength is terrible.

The thing that strikes me about him is his lack of confidence. He looked terrified at times last season.

I've read all this stuff about how certain players will be fine at this level, players like Nolan, Smith, Butt and Ryan Taylor come to mind and I can't say I'm as confident. This division is full of players with that sort of limited ability, I would think that the main difference will be hunger and fitness. I can see the leading teams in the division having more of it than us unless some signings are made.

Birmingham went up with a team of Carr's, Taylor's & Carsley's. Think people are crazily over-rating the ability of this division tbh.

A decent player in the past, but lost all respect from me during pre-season, with lack lustre performances and getting into several needless fights; hardly the signs of a true footballing professional.

He's definitely not the god that some people paint him out to be.

Agreed.  The team needs freshening up.  Looking at the line-up the other night, you would think that team is good enough but they have already failed and nothing seemed really different to how they played last year.  When Lua Lua came on, he went forward and had a bit more direction about him.  A couple of others like that and with a bit of pace, it might seem better.  At present the team just seems tired, ponderous and unimaginative.

Guest Stephen927

Must be getting frustrated with the clubs transfer embargo. I can see there being a few clubs sniffing around him but not being able to enter discussions with him or the club over a fee.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Birmingham went up with a team of Carr's, Taylor's & Carsley's. Think people are crazily over-rating the ability of this division tbh.

Clearly their confusion tactic worked when it came to man marking jobs!

This season all players should have Ameobi on their shirts.

The thing that strikes me about him is his lack of confidence. He looked terrified at times last season.

Could be that. St. James' Park has an uncanny ability to sap the confidence out of defenders and turn them shit.

Guest Stephen927

Ryan Taylor. 4 goals in 4 consecutive games against us including 2 Boxing Days in a row, as well as breaking his leg against our reserve side. Strange.

A decent player in the past, but lost all respect from me during pre-season, with lack lustre performances and getting into several needless fights; hardly the signs of a true footballing professional.

He's definitely not the god that some people paint him out to be.

He's definitely god compared to Ryan Taylor.

Also rather injury prone as well. Missed more games than Michael Owen in the time he was here.

Most of it was as a result of Cattermole wasn't it? Also big sam didn't always pick him at the start.