Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Hellhammer

What a guy.  What a player.

If only he was 21 and not 31. :(

Look at the bright side, if he had been 21, then he wouldnt most likely wouldnt be with us next season, so im glad hes 31 :)

Indeed fact he's "so old" means we are less likely to receive mouth watering bids for him... Really hope he stays.

This is like when Juve went down: all Del Piero, Buffon and Nedved stayed... yeap pretty much exactly the same thing :coolsmiley:

I love Habib but he's no longer good enough going forward. Considering we'll have loads of possession at home I think this might be a bit of a problem. I'd like to see him play centre half with Taylor next year and add two pacy attacking full backs like Naughton and Fox.

if bassong goes that might be a good call actually

If he really wants to stay we would be insane to let him leave, regardless of the price (which we will not receive a penny more than a million with his age and coming into the last year of his contract)

As previously mentioned keeping Beye/Taylor/Enrique would be huge, somehow add Bassong into that equation then even better. I dont think its outrageous thinking either, bar Bassong Im confident the rest would be willing to stick it out at least until January.

If he really wants to stay we would be insane to let him leave, regardless of the price (which we will not receive a penny more than a million with his age and coming into the last year of his contract)

As previously mentioned keeping Beye/Taylor/Enrique would be huge, somehow add Bassong into that equation then even better. I dont think its outrageous thinking either, bar Bassong Im confident the rest would be willing to stick it out at least until January.

Bassong will have little say in the matter, he's under contract. We should take a lesson from the way Villa handled Barry last summer, they didn't pander to him and held out for the price they thought was right, when that didn't come along. They told him to suck it up and get on with playing for the club he's contracted too. Didn't seem to do them much harm this season.

We are in no need to sell bassong, he's on a low salary, is contracted for 2 more years and is young and talented. Hold out for 10 million, if no one ponies up the money, then he stays, simple as that.

Indeed fact he's "so old" means we are less likely to receive mouth watering bids for him... Really hope he stays.

This is like when Juve went down: all Del Piero, Buffon and Nedved stayed... yeap pretty much exactly the same thing :coolsmiley:

Except with Butt, Nolan and Ryan Taylor. (I'm assuming we won't get rid of the last two on account they're shite.)

Guest Mantis

Great news but hope that the club dont feel compelled to move him on as part of the cost cutting exercise.  We need an experienced head in defence and an organiser, we aren't likely to find anyone better in the current situation.  Dont want too many of them pledging their future like as many should be moved on.  Oba staying would be good but i'm a realist.

tbf all he's said is what most would say even if they wanted away. he's not asked to be away so if he does move he gets more money.

i'll be happier come the first of september.

tbf all he's said is what most would say even if they wanted away. he's not asked to be away so if he does move he gets more money.

i'll be happier come the first of september.

Finally some realism.

Bassong will have little say in the matter, he's under contract. We should take a lesson from the way Villa handled Barry last summer, they didn't pander to him and held out for the price they thought was right, when that didn't come along. They told him to suck it up and get on with playing for the club he's contracted too. Didn't seem to do them much harm this season.

We are in no need to sell bassong, he's on a low salary, is contracted for 2 more years and is young and talented. Hold out for 10 million, if no one ponies up the money, then he stays, simple as that.

I really hope that will happen, only fear is that if they can't cut the wage bill enough because we can't shift the rubbish then sales will have to compensate.

Guest Heneage

I'm still a bit lost why we can't do a Juve and just keep the quality and bounce back.

I really hope that will happen, only fear is that if they can't cut the wage bill enough because we can't shift the rubbish then sales will have to compensate.

Should have been the same for Given though, we had no reason to take the amount we did.

Bassong is our most saleable asset, so I'd be hugely suprised if we dont cash in on him at some point over the summer. Fingers crossed we would take the hard line and make him stay at least until January, but I think we will jump on the first offer that comes along.

I'm still a bit lost why we can't do a Juve and just keep the quality and bounce back.

Assuming we have quality.

What quality?

Juve were forced to be relegated. They came 2nd or whatever in that season so they had a fuckin title contending team. They could command their players to stay because they were going to be promoted right away, no matter what. We are not doing a Juve because we are shit.

We've got a bunch of shite and have deserved relegation so personally, I'd like it if I never saw half of the first team in a black and white shirt ever again.

Are you for real?

Guest Heneage

What quality?

Juve were forced to be relegated. They came 2nd or whatever in that season so they had a fuckin title contending team. They could command their players to stay because they were going to be promoted right away, no matter what. We are not doing a Juve because we are s***.

We've got a bunch of s**** and have deserved relegation so personally, I'd like it if I never saw half of the first team in a black and white shirt ever again.

Let most go keep a solid core building on that.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

What quality?

Juve were forced to be relegated. They came 2nd or whatever in that season so they had a fuckin title contending team. They could command their players to stay because they were going to be promoted right away, no matter what. We are not doing a Juve because we are s***.

We've got a bunch of s**** and have deserved relegation so personally, I'd like it if I never saw half of the first team in a black and white shirt ever again.

Let most go keep a solid core building on that.

Are you on glue!? 95% of our squad is shite. I'd keep Beye, Krul, Forster, Bassong, Saylor, Enrique, Guthrie, Ranger, Carroll, and the kids like Vuckic, Tozer, Kadar et al. The rest can fuck off and die. Father Ameobi can do the services for them all. Been so disappointed with Harper's form since Given left.

I love Habib Beye more and more every day.

He should 30000% be captain next season