Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

We have a class RB in the reserves. I'm not sure of his name or age, but he's became my favourite at reserve games.

But aye, nee doubt it'll be ryan taylor. Should of kept edgar :rolleyes:

Tavernier?

Edgar was utter toss at full back, and he's gone to a club in a higher division.

We have a class RB in the reserves. I'm not sure of his name or age, but he's became my favourite at reserve games.

But aye, nee doubt it'll be ryan taylor. Should of kept edgar  :rolleyes:

Tavernier?

Edgar was utter toss at full back, and he's gone to a club in a higher division.

Tavernier, think thats the kid aye.

I'd take Edgar over R.Taylor anyday like, at the very least it would mean someone else would be on free kicks.

Tavernier?

I'd take Edgar over R.Taylor anyday like, at the very least it would mean someone else would be on free kicks.

Edgar's a better cb, thought he was decent there. He was awful the two occasions I saw him at full back this season mind (wham and villa aways). It doesn't matter who we put on free kicks, they'll definitely be shit.

Tavernier?

We offered Edgar a contract on the same or higher wages, he decided to leave. He's also shit at right back.

Ryan Taylor was awful last season but we used him all over the place, right back, right wing and central midfield. His best position is apparently right back and I'm sure he'd be fine for us in the Championship.

I thought Taylor actually started OK against West Brom, acceptable performance as an emergency centre mid against Bolton too from what I recall. Went to pieces after that mistake against ManU. Will be plenty good enough for the champs imo.

His level tbh.

He almost moved to Birmingham in January before Kinnear got him in on the N'Zogbia deal. That to me suggests he was happy to drop down a division and therefore knew he wasn't able to cut it as a Premier League regular.

what about Moritz Volz?

Just been released by Fulham recently and by all accounts did well at Ipswich last season. Still only 26 and would do a job in the Championship for us

I'd snap him up if Beye does leave.

If we do end up losing our best player then I would be happy with R.Taylor at right back. I'll be gutted to lose Habib though. If we had of got everything sorted out early on we might have been able to keep hold of some of our good players with a promotion at first attempt push. If we lose Beye, Bassong, Enrique, Jonas and Martins then even with the players we might manage to bring in to replace them (  :lol: ) we are still gonna have to build a whole new team and squad if we get promoted. At least if we got straight back up we would have had a few good quality Premiership players to form the basis. We're gonna have one or two maximum the way things are looking.

Volz (if we do) and Ryan Taylor in the CCC isn't the end of the world, in fact it would be a better RB option in the CCC than 90% of them teams. Take Beye out of the picture and its probably our best options for several years, unless people think Carr and makeshift Solano was any good?

Guest Stephen927

Stephen Carr looked steady last season in the Championship, R. Taylor will be fine and just have Tavernier as back up if Beye gets his move.

And there was more fighting involving Toon players at a training session this week as United staff become more frustrated with the problems facing the club.

A few mistimed tackles during a practice match are common at training-grounds but the tinderbox climate at Newcastle led to a punch-up as tempers soared.

The atmosphere was so ugly that stand-in boss Chris Hughton called a meeting afterwards. Hughton tried to read the riot act but backed down when Beye and midfielder Kevin Nolan strongly disagreed with what he was saying.

:lol: