Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hull will go down next season, no doubt about that, they were flying high for so long on pure adrenaline yet when that ran out they were such a bad set of players they ended up one point from relegation.  It would be quite fitting for Beye to go there and suffer another relegation.

If the fee is good then I've got no problem with it, if the fee isn't then tell them to fuck off, we don't have to sell right away transfer request or not.

Exactly. This is the same situation as Bassong, they are under contract and that means if we are going to be pushed to sell them we should get top dollar. I said exactly the same thing last season when we sold Faye...people were arguing that £2m was a good fee for a 30 yr old but I think Stoke got the best of that deal.

I don't care where he goes, as long as we get good money for him.

Yeah, I don't think that'll happen. £1m ish imo.

We've already turned down a £2m bid from Hull.

I don't care where he goes, as long as we get good money for him.

Yeah, I don't think that'll happen. £1m ish imo.

We've already turned down a £2m bid from Hull.

Well I am suprised. Would've bitten their hands off tbh. Want him gone.

I have a bad feeling that Hull will be one of those teams that just somehow survives in the Premiership for a decade, forcing us to listen to fucking Phil Brown on national television for the forseeable future.

He's a quality player but has acted like a big kid lately. A lot of the blame must lie with Ashley as he may have stayed had the takeover happened by now.  I had hoped he would have shown some loyalty but hey, he's a footballer & the present owner would test everyones patience.

Hull will go down next season, no doubt about that.  They were flying high for so long on pure adrenaline (weren't they still top 6 half way through?) yet when that ran out and they started playing at there normal level they were such a bad set of players they ended up one point from relegation.  Beye's walking away from one relegation into another and this time there will be a relegation wage drop in his contract..

If the fee is good then I've got no problem with it, if the fee isn't then tell them to f*** off, we don't have to sell right away transfer request or not.

This.

Hull would have been relegated last season had it not been for Geovanni, nevermind this year. Amazes me that pundits & supporters criticise his work ethic or whatever. They'd have been no more than a Derby, Watford, Sunderland (2003, 2006) without him.

Newcastle in Championship > Hull in Premiership

Hebib Beye must know that!

Agreed.

If he wants to further his career, why join a team who will be odds on to get relegated.

Beye joins Hull, they go down and we go up.  That would just be brilliant.

Having seen him playing some of his best football at Marseille, i was quite disappointed with him last season. He's almost lost his ability in the air and isn't half as fast as he used to be. Would rather see him go back to France, perhaps someone like PSG will come in for him. I've always thought Nicky Hunt at Bolton had some potential, quite fast, good tackler and powerful in the air.

Guest The Libertine

if he had stayed here for another year and helped us go back up he'd have been a hero. if he goes to hull and they get relegated he'll just be a number on a shirt.

its basically a chance at glory or a chance at survival.

Having seen him playing some of his best football at Marseille, i was quite disappointed with him last season. He's almost lost his ability in the air and isn't half as fast as he used to be. Would rather see him go back to France, perhaps someone like PSG will come in for him. I've always thought Nicky Hunt at Bolton had some potential, quite fast, good tackler and powerful in the air.

I sincerely hope not, or i'll have no respect for him whatsoever.

Guest Heneage

Phil Brown being his usual classy self in the Express, saying that the lack of owner and manager is stopping a deal giving connotations that Beye wants to join them.

Guest toonlass

Phil Brown being his usual classy self in the Express, saying that the lack of owner and manager is stopping a deal giving connotations that Beye wants to join them.

Funny that it didn't stop Wolfsberg, in an entirely different country, with a different language, signing Oba, but Phil Brown down in Yorkshire is having problems signing Beye. Or maybe the Orange one just likes the sound of his own voice.

Guest Heneage

It's because of two things really.

They've either offered a bad deal like £1m and £1m if we stay up.

Or we want 2.5-3m.

Couldn't give a fuck. As far as I'm concerned all of the players are culpable for the abomination of a PL season last year.

That includes the likes of Harper, Taylor, Beye, Bassong etc. I would not shed a tear, in fact I would probably rejoice, if every single one of them fucked off tomorrow.

If even three or four players had of upped their game and given 100 per cent for the cause it might have rubbed off on a few of the others.

If we have to start from scratch so be it. I'm fucking fed up with the lot of them. Give the kids a chance, get a new manager bring in some championship type players who can do a job and take it from there.