Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest firetotheworks

Him going to Hull and them still being unbelievably shit would be shit, but now Im thinking that he's gunna go to Villa and be class, in a decent team, and it'll be hard to watch. Really hard, especially if he takes to the fans and they start loving him. He's ours.  :undecided:

Him going to Hull and them still being unbelievably s*** would be s***, but now Im thinking that he's gunna go to Villa and be class, in a decent team, and it'll be hard to watch. Really hard, especially if he takes to the fans and they start loving him. He's ours.  :undecided:

be interesting to watch. was the reason he was ordinary in the season gone due to age or injury. maybe we got his last good season. we'll see.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll take a lot of pleasure looking at Phil Browns orange head when they are relegated next season.

Too right, but only if we go up.

Guest Duffer

I think a Premiership team would take a punt on Alan Smith and Duff by the end of the window tbh, could just be wishful thinking but seeing the likes of Zamora going for 5 million gives me hope.

Burnley supposedly interested in Duff according to today's Guardian

could they afford him though ? they have the smallest turnover in the PL

i doubt any club would pay anything like the wages Smith is on at newcastle though

Guardian article

from www.FootballNewsHQ.com

just seen this news, one reaction - thank GOD for that!! anyone but hull......

This. Sad he's gone, but I wish him well at Villa.

A lot of weird folk on here. I personally couldn't give a shit about Beye or where he's gone, I'm more interested in us and at this moment we are royally screwed.

I'll take a lot of pleasure looking at Phil Browns orange head when they are relegated next season.

FFS people. Again I couldn't give a shit, surely you should be worrying about us right now, not some pointless vendetta against an mackem arsehole.

Guest Heneage

I think a Premiership team would take a punt on Alan Smith and Duff by the end of the window tbh, could just be wishful thinking but seeing the likes of Zamora going for 5 million gives me hope.

i doubt any club would pay anything like the wages Smith is on at newcastle though

Guardian article

Damien I'd carry you there, you're bloody useless, you should wear your shirt backwards as it's the only chance I have of ever seeing you go forward.

Guardian article

Damien I'd carry you there, you're bloody useless, you should wear your shirt backwards as it's the only chance I have of ever seeing you go forward.

to be fair to him it was only him and steven taylor that looked like they gave a toss in the last few weeks of last season.

Guest Wally_McFool

We will end up in no mans land if we don't sort this fucking mess out sharpish, but relegated from the Championship? I take your point about the defence and we really do need to strengthen there (I think we will in the end), but we will definitely have Carroll, Ameobi, Ranger, Smith and Duff (if we're desperate) available for us. I don't think we will lose any of them due to huge wages, not being good enough for a Premiership team to sign, and the young lads will feel they will have a chance to shine. Them players there will see that we're not totally fucked up front. Theres nobody who thinks we need a couple of strikers more than me like, but if the worst comes to worst. Lets not delude ourselves into thinking this squad is strong enough for any sort of promotion push, but it won't go down either.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. My "we will be relegated" rant is only based on more senior players leaving the club and no one else being brought in.

I dont think that that will happen, however if Ashley does stay, you just dont know!

Watching this shite on Sky right now, maybe all hopes of having a decent season are not yet gone.

What makes me laugh is the pure lies spouted by Harris about one or two signings coming in. There is no one being signed, Ashley is selling everything that isn't nailed down.

Same feelings as when Bassong left yesterday really. It's a blow but we need to concentrate on the players who want to be here and move on.

Can't say I'm happy about him going because he would have been a very good RB and a bit of experience for the young lads but there you go, he's gone and that's that.