Derby County @ Home - Sunday 23rd December

Skirge

Guest Toongaboom

Given

Taylor  Faye Cacapa 

Milner      Barton    Emre  Zoggy

Smith    Viduka  Martins

Finally managed to be in the UK during the Prem season!! Got tickets for this match, but they're in the NW L7A. How's the view from up there?? My very first time at SJP ,and have my younger brother with me. Should I try and find closer tickets for a first time experience?

Also, Im driving up from SW London on the day, and plan on staying the night at the Malmaison. Any good?

Finally managed to be in the UK during the Prem season!! Got tickets for this match, but they're in the NW L7A. How's the view from up there?? My very first time at SJP ,and have my younger brother with me. Should I try and find closer tickets for a first time experience?

Also, Im driving up from SW London on the day, and plan on staying the night at the Malmaison. Any good?

About as good as it gets. Not bad.

lets hope we battle with them rather than expect them to roll over for us as with many of the "lesser" sides (especially with us)  they have a knack of catching out teams getting too big for their boots. Not that Iam saying we are going to be like that but with alot of articles talking about confidence returning and team playing I dont want the lads to expect a win I want the side to play to make them deserve it.

Hope Sam tells the players in no uncertain terms that Derby embarrassed them earlier on this season so go out there and batter the f**kers!

I should hope the players feel embarassed enough as it is!

Wouldn't leave it to chance tbh

A decent place but crap bar - but there are plenty within spittin distance of the place.

You should have a decent view of Amsterdam form your seat if it's a clear day.

Anyone nervous about this game

we are the type of team to give Deby there first away win

Team I would play

Given

Beye Taylor Cacapa Enrique

Milner Barton Emre Zoggy

Viduka Martins

2-0

Expect to see Geremi Butt Smith playing though with Zoggy at LB

GEORDIE boy Steve Howard will fulfil a life-long dream when he runs out at St James’s Park on Sunday.

And the Newcastle United fan admits he is dreaming about scoring the winning goal on Sunday – for Derby County.

The 31-year-old Derby striker, who still has family in Kenton, was brought up in Chester-le-Street.

And he told me today: “I had a season ticket at St James’s Park for years and loved watching the likes of Peter Beardsley, Les Ferdinand and Alan Shearer.

“But after starting off with Tow Law, I spent most of my career in the lower leagues with Hartlepool, Northampton and Luton Town, and I have never had the chance to play at Newcastle.

“Obviously when Derby were promoted the first thing I looked for when the fixtures came out was when would we be playing at St James’s Park.

“Well it’s Sunday, and while it has been a long wait, I hope to make it worthwhile in front of all my family.

“I only had two ambitions in the whole of my career.

“One was to play at Wembley, which I achieved in the play-off final against West Brom at the end of last season.

“The other dream was to run out at St James’s Park.

“And while I didn’t score at Wembley, I would love to do just that at Newcastle on Sunday.

“After all, I scored against Manchester United at Old Trafford in our last away match, so why not against Newcastle at St James’s Park?”

That late consolation is Derby’s only away goal in the Premier League this season at the ninth attempt.

No wonder Howard adds: “Yes, it’s been hard for us but we have a new manager in Paul Jewell and he has brought a lot of new ideas with him.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2007/12/21/a-dream-day-for-local-lad-howard-72703-20276632/

Enjoy yourself mate. :D

As usual, I'm back in Glasgow for Xmas and need to find a pub to watch the game in tomorrow... Do any Scottish mags here know of anywhere in the City Centre where people congregate to watch games on SKY? I'd reckon most places would usually show it, but Aberdeen v Rangers is on at the same time, which could complicate matters... Cheers in advance!