Alan Smith

tmonkey

Sorry, but what's wrong with it? Do you expect him to come out and say "yeah, I'm fucking shit, please Kev, whatever you do, don't play me!"? He is acknowledging that he must start scoring goals if he plays up front, and he is right in saying that.

Sorry, but what's wrong with it? Do you expect him to come out and say "yeah, I'm fucking shit, please Kev, whatever you do, don't play me!"? He is acknowledging that he must start scoring goals if he plays up front, and he is right in saying that.

In all honesty when I said "I can't read the whole of that article", I meant I got no further than the first sentence (ending in Viduka). And even that was a mission.

What, so before now he thought it wasn't an issue? Do me a favour. :lol:

He should be saying nothing, 'cos he's been dreadful since he got here.

Fuck sake, so he should just tell the journalists that he will not do any interviews because he's been dreadful? Makes sense  :nope:

Fuck sake, so he should just tell the journalists that he will not do any interviews because he's been dreadful? Makes sense  :nope:

Does he NEED to do interviews, like? With the Daily Star?

If he really believes that up to now he didn't have to worry about scoring goals he should be bloody ashamed of himself.

I would assume the journalist rang him or his agent up and asked if he could do an interview. Smith, not being busy with scoring goals, says "sure I'll do the interview", goes off and says that if he is to play up front, he must score goals. What a horrible little twat he is.

The gaffer knows where he wants to play me and if he’s going to play me up there, I’m going to have to start scoring goals. NO SHIT.

I’m going to have to start playing as a centre-forward, like I did when I was at Leeds and like I did when I first went to United. I know I can do that. SO WHEN YOU WERE PLAYING AS A CENTRE-FORWARD AT THE WEEKEND, WHAT WERE YOU REALLY PLAYING AS?

I’d enjoy an extended run at centre-forward and I think everyone knows that’s probably my best position. THAT'S YOUR BEST? FUCKING HELL.

It’s what’s natural to me, but if I’m going to play there and stay in the team, I’m going to have to score goals. SEE POINT ONE.

What should he have said then?

"The gaffer knows I'm shit, so he shouldn't play me at all.

Since I didn't score a goal last season, I should just give up on being a footballer.

IF the manager MUST play me, he should make sure it is as a centre-forward, that's where I'm the least shit."

Much better.

I would assume the journalist rang him or his agent up and asked if he could do an interview. Smith, not being busy with scoring goals, says "sure I'll do the interview", goes off and says that if he is to play up front, he must score goals. What a horrible little twat he is.

:lol:

I've nowt against him as a person, he's just a shit footballer and could do without embarrassing himself like this.

with the best will in the world, nobody would say he is a Rooney or a Tevez, or a Saha. So he sold him for the same reason he sold Butt, and Phil Neville.

I think that Smith is suffering because of the s*** midfield as much as anything. Someone has said he isn't the player he was before his injury, that may be correct, but who can tell ?

:lol:

Quotes on the official website from Allardyce saying that Smith is going to continue being captain over January, in other words he'll play every game. He's impressed with his 'tenacity', why not just play a dog?

Because a dog couldn't win a pen in the last minute of a game nor could it draw in 3 opposition defenders to give Viduka space?

Only a guess like...................

Draw in 3 defenders?! He fucking fell over man! mackems.gif

The defender then tried to clear it but Viduka took it off his boot and placed it in the bottom corner, you're either clutching at straws to convince yourself he's any good or you're completely fucking clueless, judging from your comment on how you would have Butt, Milner and Smith over Laurent Robert every day of the week pushes towards the latter.

It's people like you that bum the dross like Smith, Milner, Butt, Taylor etc because they give 100% and get stuck in yet go home scratching your head as to the reason why we're so fucking shit, you just don't get it do you? These players are not good enough if we've got any sort of ambition as a club and would struggle to get in the teams that are challenging for the Uefa cup let alone the top 4.

Clueless.

Good Evening Mr Negative,

You know what? I'd take Jimmy Milner over Robert EVERY day of the week.

I'd take him over Gillespie too.

Thats the thing about a football forum, it's about opinions and people being prepared to say what they think.

The difference between you and I, is that I'm positive and constructive not a negative, whinging bastard happy to slag off any of our players at every single opportunity.

Grow up you miserable little twat.

:spit:

Wow. What a shocking post.

Quotes on the official website from Allardyce saying that Smith is going to continue being captain over January, in other words he'll play every game. He's impressed with his 'tenacity', why not just play a dog?

Because a dog couldn't win a pen in the last minute of a game nor could it draw in 3 opposition defenders to give Viduka space?

Only a guess like...................

Draw in 3 defenders?! He f***ing fell over man! mackems.gif

The defender then tried to clear it but Viduka took it off his boot and placed it in the bottom corner, you're either clutching at straws to convince yourself he's any good or you're completely f***ing clueless, judging from your comment on how you would have Butt, Milner and Smith over Laurent Robert every day of the week pushes towards the latter.

It's people like you that bum the dross like Smith, Milner, Butt, Taylor etc because they give 100% and get stuck in yet go home scratching your head as to the reason why we're so f***ing s***, you just don't get it do you? These players are not good enough if we've got any sort of ambition as a club and would struggle to get in the teams that are challenging for the Uefa cup let alone the top 4.

Clueless.

Good Evening Mr Negative,

You know what? I'd take Jimmy Milner over Robert EVERY day of the week.

I'd take him over Gillespie too.

Thats the thing about a football forum, it's about opinions and people being prepared to say what they think.

The difference between you and I, is that I'm positive and constructive not a negative, whinging b****** happy to slag off any of our players at every single opportunity.

Grow up you miserable little t***.

:spit:

Wow. What a shocking post.

all those cupos of coffee you'll not be able to sleep

Guest neesy111

Maybe it's because your shit, and we can't get rid of you with your massive wages.

Alan Smith is worried by Newcastle United's lack of depth ahead of the new season.

Magpies boss Kevin Keegan's preparations for the 2008/09 term have been hampered by the absences of a number of injured first-team players.

Keegan has so far added Jonas Gutierrez from Real Mallorca and Danny Guthrie from Liverpool to his squad, and has since revealed he is hopeful of landing further reinforcements this transfer window.

Smith, who featured in Newcastle's 1-0 pre-season friendly defeat to Doncaster on Saturday, admits he is concerned by the club's lack of first-team options with the new term on the horizon.

Top-half finish

Smith told the Daily Express: "To see people missing in pre-season, that's the biggest worry. But if we can get all those players fit, it will make a big difference.

"Near the end of last season, we were fortunate to have just about all of our players fit and we put a decent run together. We need to get them right for the start of the season.

"Realistically, for this club, the top half of the table is a must.

"When you look around the dressing room the quality is there. But football now is more and more of a squad game, where the number of players at the club is important. At the moment, we have not got that available."

fuck off Carrick.

Alan Smith will come good for United

Jul 26 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

ENGLAND star Michael Carrick feels Alan Smith will be a success for Newcastle United next season.

The Geordie midfielder – who won the Champions League and the Premier League with Manchester United in May – has played with Smith for both club and country.

Smith, who signed from Man United for £6m last summer, underlined his battling qualities for United last season in midfield, but was in and out the team in the final few weeks of the season as a striker.

The former Leeds and Man United star, who scored on his debut for Newcastle in a friendly against Sampdoria at St James’s, is still searching for his first competitive goal for the club,

But he was fielded in several positions last term – including a holding midfield role.

And Carrick told the Chronicle: “Smudge is a good player and he played in different positions last year for Newcastle.

“When he played last year for Man United up front he was tremendous, and in the Roma game in the Champions League when we won 7-1 he was brilliant.

“Everyone who knows him knows he gives everything.

“He’s got a lot of quality and I think he’ll have a great season. He’s a good, honest lad and I’m sure he’ll do well.”

Wallsend Boys Club product Carrick will come face to face with his hometown club on the opening day of the season, which now takes place on Sunday, August 17 at Old Trafford, and will be live on Sky Sports.

And asked whether the Champions go into the game under any pressure having won the Premier League and Champions League last term, Carrick said: “There is no pressure, you take it as it comes.

“We are in a position where we have a very good team, and we are in a position where we can challenge.

“We want the best honours first and foremost, and you don’t want to let yourselves down.”

Carrick started playing football at the age of just four at Wallsend Boys Club at their Tyneside base on Station Road, and the club are encouraging youngsters to participate in their successful five-a-side leagues.

Steve Dale from Wallsend Boys says: “The leagues are competitive but fun and are very inexpensive to compete in.

“Registration is only £3 per team with players paying only £1 each per session.”

fuck off Carrick.

Alan Smith will come good for United

Jul 26 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

ENGLAND star Michael Carrick feels Alan Smith will be a success for Newcastle United next season.

The Geordie midfielder who won the Champions League and the Premier League with Manchester United in May has played with Smith for both club and country.

Smith, who signed from Man United for £6m last summer, underlined his battling qualities for United last season in midfield, but was in and out the team in the final few weeks of the season as a striker.

The former Leeds and Man United star, who scored on his debut for Newcastle in a friendly against Sampdoria at St Jamess, is still searching for his first competitive goal for the club,

But he was fielded in several positions last term including a holding midfield role.

And Carrick told the Chronicle: Smudge is a good player and he played in different positions last year for Newcastle.

When he played last year for Man United up front he was tremendous, and in the Roma game in the Champions League when we won 7-1 he was brilliant.

Everyone who knows him knows he gives everything.

Hes got a lot of quality and I think hell have a great season. Hes a good, honest lad and Im sure hell do well.

Wallsend Boys Club product Carrick will come face to face with his hometown club on the opening day of the season, which now takes place on Sunday, August 17 at Old Trafford, and will be live on Sky Sports.

And asked whether the Champions go into the game under any pressure having won the Premier League and Champions League last term, Carrick said: There is no pressure, you take it as it comes.

We are in a position where we have a very good team, and we are in a position where we can challenge.

We want the best honours first and foremost, and you dont want to let yourselves down.

Carrick started playing football at the age of just four at Wallsend Boys Club at their Tyneside base on Station Road, and the club are encouraging youngsters to participate in their successful five-a-side leagues.

Steve Dale from Wallsend Boys says: The leagues are competitive but fun and are very inexpensive to compete in.

Registration is only £3 per team with players paying only £1 each per session.

Carrick should put his money where his mouth is and agree to move to us if Smith is shit again this season :)

We can't afford to give Smith an extended run upfront. We'd be relegated by Christmas.

Alan Smith is our Ali Dia.

With the only difference, that Ali Dia already knew he will never be a good footballer...

"Near the end of last season, we were fortunate to have just about all of our players fit and we put a decent run together. We need to get them right for the start of the season.

No fucking Smudger, the reason we put a decent run together was because you were no-where near the team.