Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest schmuck

Heath told SunSport: "At the moment he wants to sit out the last year of his contract so I may have to wait."

Either I'm missing the point or Smith will still be here at the start of the season  ???

Nope, we need to change the thread title back to 'We're still fucking stuck with him' with the addition of 'until he joins Orlando next year as nobody else want to give him money and even they aren't stupid enough to pay him anywhere near what we are'.

Yeah, it seems like no-ones noticed the last line, like trying to kid yourself that that guy you see breaking into your house at night in the middle of July wearing a red jumpsuit is Father Christmas come early. There's no way he's going to walk away from a multi million pound contract that he'll never see the like of again in his life just to move to America a year earlier.

The following from Skysports:

Newcastle's Alan Smith could be on his way to the US after Orlando City revealed their interest.

The 30-year-old is in the final year of his contract at St James' Park and has been told he is unlikely to be offered a new deal.

Smith is a firm fans' favourite at Newcastle for his indefatigable work rate and his tenacious tackling, but he has hinted he could be prepared for a fresh challenge abroad.

Made me smile.  :mackems:

The following from Skysports:

Newcastle's Alan Smith could be on his way to the US after Orlando City revealed their interest.

The 30-year-old is in the final year of his contract at St James' Park and has been told he is unlikely to be offered a new deal.

Smith is a firm fans' favourite at Newcastle for his indefatigable work rate and his tenacious tackling, but he has hinted he could be prepared for a fresh challenge abroad.

Made me smile.  :mackems:

:lol:

MLS sides bringing in past it Prem players + Newcastle playing in Orlando + Smith has property in Florida = Orlando City want Smith.

That and the quote from the Orlando owner like.

He's in the next tier up from some of the most disastrous signings we've ever made.  He didn't cost as much as Owen, played more games than Luque, put a decent half-season in in the Championship.  Seems an OK lad but the fact we've paid him so much for so long has totally infuriated me.  Agree with the idea of paying half or even 2 thirds of his wages if we get rid - any money spent on him is money wasted because he's been finished since the day he broke his leg.

Guest neesy111

He's in the next tier up from some of the most disastrous signings we've ever made.  He didn't cost as much as Owen, played more games than Luque, put a decent half-season in in the Championship.  Seems an OK lad but the fact we've paid him so much for so long has totally infuriated me.  Agree with the idea of paying half or even 2 thirds of his wages if we get rid - any money spent on him is money wasted because he's been finished since the day he broke his leg.

I would rather we just paid up his contract and got him out of this club ASAP as just the thought of him at the club makes me cringe.

If I thought for a second that the money we were paying Smith would have been reinvested in another player, it would bother me that we're paying him such high wages. I don't think that, though, so I couldn't care less if he stays on our accounts, as long as he isn't playing.

How much could he realistically earn if he were to move to Orlando?

Smith makes in a week what the Orlando players make in a year, if they are lucky.  I'd imagine most of them make about 50-70k a year max.

If I thought for a second that the money we were paying Smith would have been reinvested in another player, it would bother me that we're paying him such high wages. I don't think that, though, so I couldn't care less if he stays on our accounts, as long as he isn't playing.

Even if he plays... he at least will give 100 %, you know. :lol: