Alan Smith

tmonkey

I'm convinced that Pardew's referring to Ashley/Llambias being responsible btw. I've no idea why everyone's interpreting it differently.

The second article backs that up. Smith claiming 'there's only one boss at Man U' as opposed to here - ie Pardew implying he's not responsible for Smith's lack of action. Barton's words somewhat back this up too.

"I've told the manager I would walk away if I didn't think I was good enough to get in the team or be one of the seven subs.

If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't be much of a pro. I know I'm good enough to get in that 18. "

you aren't, so fuck off.

"The manager doesn't blank me, he talks to me all the time, maybe even about stuff he shouldn't."

:pardsgrin:

Classic putting his name in the papers to remind other managers that he's available.

Good luck to the lad - aside from him picking up a ridiculous wage (thanks, Allardyce) - he's conducted himself well while he's been here, hardly his fault that the club offered him ridiculous wages which have subsequently been prohibitive to him moving on when we realised he wasn't good enough.

Guest optimistic nit

I'm convinced that Pardew's referring to Ashley/Llambias being responsible btw. I've no idea why everyone's interpreting it differently.

The second article backs that up. Smith claiming 'there's only one boss at Man U' as opposed to here - ie Pardew implying he's not responsible for Smith's lack of action. Barton's words somewhat back this up too.

What would they have against a 60 grand a week player getting some game time though? i cant think of one reason why they wouldn't want smith around the 18 at least if he was good enough. Add that to the fact that everytime ive seen smith play for us, he's been complete garbage,  i doubt there's a conspiracy. Smith may think so like, but i doubt it.

Smith obviously thinks Pardew's been told not to play him, or at least that's how he's trying to present it.

Completely agrees with what Barton says about him being punished for advising the players not to sign the 'bonus sheet'. Obviously Smith isn't good enough to play for us - I personally think he's the worst player I've ever seen in black and white, athletically and technically. But Pardew has gone from starting him in the league a few times last season to not even picking him for the Carling Cup games.

He's obviously been told to give Smith nothing but a few minutes at the end of the odd game to remind the idiots like Allardyce out there that he still exists and isn't injured.

Totally agree. Some of the vitriol on here is so OTT it's untrue. Yes he's s*** and was a hideous signing but. He dint buy or pick himself.

This.

I don't rate him as a player at all and don't want him anywhere near the 18 man squad but as a person I feel sorry for him. He should have put in a transfer request long ago. It's that fat wanker that's to blame for all of this (no not Ashley, the other fat wanker, Alerdyce)

Totally agree. Some of the vitriol on here is so OTT it's untrue. Yes he's s*** and was a hideous signing but. He dint buy or pick himself.

This.

I don't rate him as a player at all and don't want him anywhere near the 18 man squad but as a person I feel sorry for him. He should have put in a transfer request long ago. It's that fat w***** that's to blame for all of this (no not Ashley, the other fat w*****, Alerdyce)

Completely agree like, must be such a struggle to make 60k a week for doing nothing.

This.

I don't rate him as a player at all and don't want him anywhere near the 18 man squad but as a person I feel sorry for him. He should have put in a transfer request long ago. It's that fat w***** that's to blame for all of this (no not Ashley, the other fat w*****, Alerdyce)

Completely agree like, must be such a struggle to make 60k a week for doing nothing.

At the end of a day it must be horrible as a footballer not to be playing. I don't know him personally so maybe he really is a money grabbing wanker who'd rather just draw a hefty wage each week and not give a fuck about playing (a la Owen) but maybe he'd rather play? If it's true they won't let him leave maybe he's never had the chance to take a pay cut?

Saying all that I can't wait to have him out of the club and free up the wage bill.

If he wanted to play that badly he'd accept lower wages at a Championship club.

Didn't he say he wanted to leave but the club wouldn't let him? He even says he thinks he'd do a good job for someone like QPR (saying that, QPR have a bit of money so maybe that's his motivation there).

I do believe he is very much part responsible for our current transfer policy by the way. Possibly even more given that he was an early Ashley sanctioned purchase and he had his fingers not so much burnt but his arms hacked off with a rusty bandsaw.

It's been obvious for a long time that he's not been considered in our plans (Perch consistantly coming on ahead of him should be a big indicator there!), so if he had any ambition to play he would have fucked off a long time ago.

The obvious answer is that he's been happy to sit there doing fuck all and getting paid 60k a week for 4(?) years, but now he knows he's going to be released, he's trying to make out he's the victim and remind teams of his "hunger".

Will be glad to see the back of him, as will the wage budget.

Think that's the answer. Not that I'd want Smith to be in the squad for any PL game of the season.

Probably it's the same reason that Harper isn't involved anymore these days bar the few times he gets on the bench here and there.

Think those two are the last ones left of that player comitee from the 2 years ago. Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Smith, Harper.....

The club won't let him leave on loan is what he said.

That's because we'll still have to pay the cunt's wages. Why doesn't he agree to play for less if he's so desperate to play?