The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Unlucky 1878 :lol:

No worries,  it's cause someone else is after him.

Keegan?:lol:

Close to McKay...Lived in Scotland...Timing...Obviously a bigger club than Birmingham...obviously going to Villa

I'm sure brummie would be made up to sign the Scottish Rooney instead of Defoe.

No, no chance.

He looks a bit like that bloke out of Robin Hood, I think. That's not a reason not to sign him. He's shit. That IS a reason not to sign him.

Total confusion about Defoe. Very respected sources say he has had his medical blah blah blah, one very reliable one says MON doesn't want him and he hasn't been anywhere near the club.

MON in transfer windows = fucking stressful.

Leaves things nice and late before doing business iirc, doesn't he brummie?  :lol:

Close to McKay...Lived in Scotland...Timing...Obviously a bigger club than Birmingham...obviously going to Villa

No, no chance.

He looks a bit like that bloke out of Robin Hood, I think. That's not a reason not to sign him. He's shit. That IS a reason not to sign him.

Total confusion about Defoe. Very respected sources say he has had his medical blah blah blah, one very reliable one says MON doesn't want him and he hasn't been anywhere near the club.

Imagine what it's like for O'Neill! Probably lies awake at nights shaking.

No, no chance.

Leaves things nice and late before doing business iirc, doesn't he brummie?  :lol:

Yes, yes he does.

And he dithers about spending money. Known fact that Lerner gave him a huge amount of money to spend last summer and he dithered so much worrying about spending it badly, the window closed and he hadn't done half the business he needed to.

Lerner said to be unhappy with that side of him. This has actually come straight from a member of the board - none of that ITK shite.

He must shake like a shitting puppy when it comes to buying right backs, Keef, as he still hasn't managed to pluck up the courage to do it in a year now.

He must shake like a shitting puppy when it comes to buying right backs, Keef, as he still hasn't managed to pluck up the courage to do it in a year now.

To be fair, he probably scares half the potential signings by talking them to death ;)

Guest trotter58

Bolton are after Olof Mellbeg.

So that's a choice - stay where you are, pushing for a European place in a club that is obviously progressing well, take a last big pay day and join Juventus (which is what I would do were I him) or join Bolton's relegation struggle under the inspirational leadership of Gary Megson.

Hmmmm.

Yes, why join a club that's in the last 32 of the UEFA CUP when you can join one that's just 'pushing for a European place'!

Guest trotter58

Wor lass said she's glad to be rid of Matty Taylor, and as s**** as he is left wing, he's worse at left back.

Bolton standard.  :smug:

Maybe we should have signed Crapcapa instead...

Bolton are after Olof Mellbeg.

So that's a choice - stay where you are, pushing for a European place in a club that is obviously progressing well, take a last big pay day and join Juventus (which is what I would do were I him) or join Bolton's relegation struggle under the inspirational leadership of Gary Megson.

Hmmmm.

Yes, why join a club that's in the last 32 of the UEFA CUP when you can join one that's just 'pushing for a European place'!

Because he won't be going anywhere until the end of the season, and I rather doubt you'll be in the UEFA cup next year.

Do you think he's going to opt for Bolton over Juventus?

Apparently Villa are after Man City's Onuoha.

Not a bad move at all. Good at right back and centre back.

Wouldn't mind him here to be honest.

Surely they won't let him go?

This is the problem for second tier clubs. Players already at one only want to make the move upwards unless they have no choice.

This is the problem for second tier clubs. Players already at one only want to make the move upwards unless they have no choice.

He's not a good right back. No footballing ability.

He's perpetually 12th man so I do feel that at some point he will want to go and play week in week out at centre half somewhere but he's City thru and thru so that won't be for a while i reckon.

PS: We surely wont let him go for 6 as i believe the story went, if WBA got 10 out of you for Davies. :huff:

He's not a good right back. No footballing ability.

He's perpetually 12th man so I do feel that at some point he will want to go and play week in week out at centre half somewhere but he's City thru and thru so that won't be for a while i reckon.

PS: We surely wont let him go for 6 as i believe the story went, if WBA got 10 out of you for Davies. :huff:

He won't be playing centre half for us, then, that position is truly sorted.

Davies has a full PL season under his belt, mind. He's fucking quality that boy. Mind you, if I played alongside Martin Laursen, he'd make me look good too.

He's the new Paul McGrath.

Brede Hangeland joins Fulham.

Weren't people touting him for us?

He's allright, Fulham paid  £4m for him, which is a lot of money for a player from a danish club. He's very tall and has good defensive skills, but he's slow as hell, even Viduka could beat him in a sprint.

Brede Hangeland joins Fulham.

Weren't people touting him for us?

He's allright, Fulham paid  £4m for him, which is a lot of money for a player from a danish club. He's very tall and has good defensive skills, but he's slow as hell, even Viduka could beat him in a sprint.

to the pie truck maybe

Manchester City striker Georgios Samaras is poised to seal a move to Birmingham, BBC Sport understands.

The two clubs have agreed a fee for the Greek forward and he is now hammering out personal terms with Birmingham.

The Greece international joined Manchester City for £6m from Dutch side Heerenven in January 2006.

Samaras scored six goals for City last season, but has barely featured following the arrival of Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager last summer.

Fingers crossed for a bit of McFaddenesque wallet raping...... :whistle:

Signed Calum Davenport on loan with a view to a permanent deal - good signing I think, decent cover for Shittu whilst he's away as well as providing more options that Matt Jackson, who is old and crap.