The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Birmingham to sign McFadden and Murphy

James McFadden?  :kasper:

Why surprised? Birmingham is about his level.

He's crap. Around £5m we're getting apparently :lol: I suppose it's the going rate for rubbish strikers these days- Nugent,  Chopra, Harewood etc

5.75m they just said on SSN. Unbelievable.

re Harewood (who cost 2m less), apparently scouts are at our reserve matches like flies around shit, looking at Harewood. The predictable suspects - Boro, Derby, Sunderland, a few championship clubs.

Here's hoping.

Bolton are after Olof Mellbeg.

So that's a choice - stay where you are, pushing for a European place in a club that is obviously progressing well, take a last big pay day and join Juventus (which is what I would do were I him) or join Bolton's relegation struggle under the inspirational leadership of Gary Megson.

Hmmmm.

Guest johnson293

Defoe in talks with Villa

Defoe in, Laursen re-signed, Giles Barnes and a right back (probably Miguel) and that will be a fine transfer window for me.

Laursen has signed a 2 1/2 year extension of his contract. (BBC)

You must be gutted GG

Surprisingly not, I don't know why, but I can see good coming from this. One less ego, despite him being revered by all, with hopefully say Jason Roberts coming in, reigniting the Ellington Roberts partnership!

Defoe in, Laursen re-signed, Giles Barnes and a right back (probably Miguel) and that will be a fine transfer window for me.

Great news. My tip is that within a couple of years, he will have Paul McGrath style stature with us. He's on his way already. Great partnership developing with Curtis Davies over the last few games, too.

Was perusing a Spurs forum earlier, in which someone said of Laursen

he's a bit too similar to Dawson for my liking

Hmmm. Beyond having the same number of limbs, I can't think of many similarities.

Great news. My tip is that within a couple of years, he will have Paul McGrath style stature with us. He's on his way already. Great partnership developing with Curtis Davies over the last few games, too.

Was perusing a Spurs forum earlier, in which someone said of Laursen

he's a bit too similar to Dawson for my liking

Hmmm. Beyond having the same number of limbs, I can't think of many similarities.

Miguel from Valencia? :lol:

He'll do. Not that I've ever seen him play as far as I know, and I'm not going to pretend I have, what with me never having played FM either.

I'm sure there's another car in the lot if you don't sign Miguel.

You missed an "r"

He'll do. Not that I've ever seen him play as far as I know, and I'm not going to pretend I have, what with me never having played FM either.

I'm sure there's another car in the lot if you don't sign Miguel.

:iamatwat:

Marlon King to Fulham. Will be confirmed soon-ish.

I fail to see how joining someone resigned to relegation and leaving behind a team who is pushing hard for promotion is a good move.

He's become a bit of an arrogant twat recently... ooh look just heard it on SSN, confirmed. Collins John on loan + £5M, with us signing John for a pre-agreed fee (he's not free?! although his contract does run out at the end of the season). Awful deal if you ask me, would rather have Cook back, then try to sign Jason Roberts.

Not happy with £5m?

I'm happy enough with that part, but I don't like the Collins John bit. He rejected us last season when we were in the Premiership, he obviously doesn't want to play for us, especially as we're one division lower not. Also, we're paying more for him at the end of the season, which is fairly frustrating. And the money's probably all going to go on stadium re-development.

What I do think about King though, is that he's looked fairly disinterested in the last month, he's a born troublemaker and we've had the best out of him. He's 28 now, and I doubt he alone will turn around Fulham's fortunes. I hope they go down, with us going up, that'd put a smile on my face, the fan-less cunts.

Not happy with £5m?

I'm happy enough with that part, but I don't like the Collins John bit. He rejected us last season when we were in the Premiership, he obviously doesn't want to play for us, especially as we're one division lower not. Also, we're paying more for him at the end of the season, which is fairly frustrating. And the money's probably all going to go on stadium re-development.

What I do think about King though, is that he's looked fairly disinterested in the last month, he's a born troublemaker and we've had the best out of him. He's 28 now, and I doubt he alone will turn around Fulham's fortunes. I hope they go down, with us going up, that'd put a smile on my face, the fan-less cunts.

Take care of Collins and he'll repay you.

I think he's probably a bit of a troublemaker/moaner type, but I reckon with the right management he has the potential to be a good striker

Birmingham City given permission to talk to Gary Cahill.

Big, big mistake. Although we're flush with centre halves, we're letting a quality player go. Surely he can do better than that shit hole?

How much £4m?

I'd have him here for that, well Carr exchange, i hear you are looking for an international experienced RB.  O0

Fred announced he is staying at Lyon til the end of the season

So he's rejected the Spuds?

Must because his lass didn't want to move, or that they didn't offer him enough money, 2p a week budget never broken etc...