The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Only realised that Dabo has signed for Lazio!

How convenient that the victim of the trial has slipped out of the country, anyone betting that he won't turn up for the trial?

That's the deal, we loan you Rozy for nowt, but you get Dabo to drop the charges and leave the Country and never come back.

So what do they get out of it?

How convenient that the victim of the trial has slipped out of the country, anyone betting that he won't turn up for the trial?

That's the deal, we loan you Rozy for nowt, but you get Dabo to drop the charges and leave the Country and never come back.

A free loan of a player, at that level loans usually cost a fee.

Fucking ambition! My arse! Don't even know how to do 1 sodding transfer

No wonder people laugh at us, fucking pathetic club tbh

:lol:

We dont know how to tie up a transfer more like, ala Kalouda, it just bemuses me how a team who wants a certain player cannot give themselves enough time for negotiating with his club and then to complete the deal, sounds like the new regime is off to a bad start

They've got about 12 weeks to tie up the all the siginings we'll need to create the ultra-exciting new soopa team next year.  Wonder what the odds are on Nicky Butt being in the starting 11 for the first game next season?

Guest Erich von Manstein

A new defender obviously.

Guest LucaAltieri

Gilberto signs for Spurs, Gardner on loan to Everton.

Failed his medical but signed him anyway... it'll all end in tears (and fits of laughter from me).

Failed his medical but signed him anyway... it'll all end in tears (and fits of laughter from me).

Don't think he actually failed the medical, or if he did then Spurs have got him cheaper.

For once the Spurs ITK's got this one right, as MJ was on here much earlier today saying the deal would still go through but at a reduced price. They had Hertha by the short and curlies apparently.

What cant people understand? KK has had 2 weeks :lol: and they are expecting him to work miricles in the transfer window. It seems to me that people just wanted us to sign anyone.

KK has money to spend but getting clubs to sell their top players half way throu a season aint easy also getting a player to join us when all we have left is to play for is pride is very hard.

What cant people understand? KK has had 2 weeks :lol: and they are expecting him to work miricles in the transfer window. It seems to me that people just wanted us to sign anyone.

KK has money to spend but getting clubs to sell their top players half way throu a season aint easy also getting a player to join us when all we have left is to play for is pride is very hard.

Like people have said though, we could have probably had Barnes/Kalouda if we'd gone for it a bit more, Woodgate might have even been viable if we'd been quicker off the mark. I think people would have been pretty satisfied with those three coming in, personally, and there'd be a lot more optimism around the place.

I think that's what has frustrated people more than anything, the fact that we probably could have got players that we were definitely in for.

Being an eternal optimist, I'm not giving up the ghost just yet, because this place is in dire need of a boost again... it's all a smokescreen...

Guest kingdawson

He didnt fail his medical. We actually managed to knock some money off the transfer fee.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Bring back Freddy Shepherd !!!

I know you're being sarcastic but the whole idea of people getting frustration about us not making desperate signings leaves a lot to be desired.

Like people have said though, we could have probably had Barnes/Kalouda if we'd gone for it a bit more, Woodgate might have even been viable if we'd been quicker off the mark. I think people would have been pretty satisfied with those three coming in, personally, and there'd be a lot more optimism around the place.

I think that's what has frustrated people more than anything, the fact that we probably could have got players that we were definitely in for.

Being an eternal optimist, I'm not giving up the ghost just yet, because this place is in dire need of a boost again... it's all a smokescreen...

Yea but you dont know for a fact that those players would of came here, Who said it has been Newcastle's fault? Perhaps Derby were asking for to much and didnt KK say the Woodgate deal was 90% by the time Newcastle had a chance to put a bid in.

It seems like people are making up senario's in their heads and then believing them, then coming on here and ripping into Newcastle.

Giles Barnes was a strange one. If he wasn't worth £3m he wasn't worth bidding for in the first place. I'm starting to wonder whether we didn't follow through because Derby made our verbal bid public knowledge in order to hike the price up by starting an auction.

Not all hope is lost. :lol:

2212: "A friend at Leeds United has just confirmed to me that Jermaine Beckford is heading to Newcastle in a £2m deal. Not a huge surprise following Dennis Wise. But a huge loss to Leeds."

Neil, London, via text

Better than the last ex-Leeds striker we signed I guess. ;)

What I don't understand is why you bothered to go for Barnes at all with such a piss low offer, when nobody in their right mind thought they'd accept it, but knowing that it wouldn't take a whole lot more to get him, then say you wouldn't be back.

It looks a bit like an attempt to play hardball blowing up in your face.

Still, you're not alone, we've had a fucking rubbish window, too.

2212: "A friend at Leeds United has just confirmed to me that Jermaine Beckford is heading to Newcastle in a £2m deal. Not a huge surprise following Dennis Wise. But a huge loss to Leeds."

Neil, London, via text

I heard that Beckford thing this morning, actually. You never know.

Neil, London, via text

Surely not good enough for the Premiership?

Yea but you dont know for a fact that those players would of came here, Who said it has been Newcastle's fault? Perhaps Derby were asking for to much and didnt KK say the Woodgate deal was 90% by the time Newcastle had a chance to put a bid in.

It seems like people are making up senario's in their heads and then believing them, then coming on here and ripping into Newcastle.

Some are talking shite as always, aye, but others are voicing valid concerns. It's unfair to lump everyone into the same bracket.

It's difficult without knowing all of the facts, as always, but you have to admit that a lot of our activity in the window has left a lot of people underwhelmed for genuine reasons. 91 minutes left for something magical to happen...

Neil, London, via text

Surely not good enough for the Premiership?

I'm not, no.

Oh, sorry, Beckford. I've no idea, just saying I heard it mentioned somewhere earlier today.