The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Guest ObaStar

Ipswich in for Robert?

ssn just said that...

people saying berbatov for us ... he wants to move to a BIGGER club than spurs, imo spurs are better than us to start with even if we are higherin the league

That is heresy

Apparently we (that's Everton and not Newcastle  blueyes.gif) have signed that Dan Gosling kid from Plymouth who Chelsea were interested in a while ago. £1.5million.

If he'd been a couple of years younger Wenger would have been interested.

Guest ObaStar

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

I don't think a striker is a priority atm, even though I could think of a negative or two about each who currently holds that position; if they don't get good service they won't score so many.

It's creativity in midfield we lack, that and a consistent team/gameplan would see considerable changes in fortune in quite a short period of time. (Better add the obligatory imo.)

I just watched Gus Poyet's interview on bbc after the Villa defeat. He was saying Spurs are going to be signing defenders. They could potentially sell Berbatov to fund those signings i guess.

Incidentally i also thought when listening to him and the interviewer talk about rubbish set piece defending, that their defence is a complete shambles yet doesn't get anywhere near the level of criticism ours has and continues to receive.

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

Honest question. Does anyone really, seriously think there is any chance Berbatov will sign for Newcastle? Given what he has said (his agent said, but there must be truth in it) about Spurs in the last couple of days?

Incidentally, FWIW, I'd have thought a Charlie Big Bollocks, arsey, petulant teenager of an overpriced striker would be the last thing you need at the moment in any case.

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

Honest question. Does anyone really, seriously think there is any chance Berbatov will sign for Newcastle? Given what he has said (his agent said, but there must be truth in it) about Spurs in the last couple of days?

Incidentally, FWIW, I'd have thought a Charlie Big Bollocks, arsey, petulant teenager of an overpriced striker would be the last thing you need at the moment in any case.

Nope. Probably worth a try though.

If Anelka goes to Chelski, there is a good chance Berb will go to ManU....His agent really seems to want him out of there. I think they've worked out Spurs won't be competing for a couple of years..

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

If Anelka goes to Chelski, there is a good chance Berb will go to ManU....His agent really seems to want him out of there. I think they've worked out Spurs won't be competing for a couple of years..

His agent sounds desperate tbh, I don't think anyone will sign him.

No point in him going to Man Utd.  He's not going to get ahead of Tevez or Rooney.

Out of the big 4, Liverpool would benefit the most from getting him.  Torres and Berbatov.. :kasper:

It would be like a much, much, much, much more effective version of Keane and Berbatov.

No point in him going to Man Utd.  He's not going to get ahead of Tevez or Rooney.

Out of the big 4, Liverpool would benefit the most from getting him.  Torres and Berbatov.. :kasper:

It would be like a much, much, much, much more effective version of Keane and Berbatov.

Opening the door for Dirk Kuyt to seal a dream move to Norwich?

BBC GMR reporting City to sign CSKA's Daniel Carvalho and Birminum to sign Samaras for £2m.

I'm not sure how far either story is along the rumour/fact axis.

Isn't he meant to be dead good?