Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

the club should sue him

he pleaded not guilty when it happened, and if he's pleaded guilty while here that mean he's lied somewhere to us, because i'm sure the question would of been asked when we signed him?

or we're allardyce and shepherd tht stupid

Am I the only person fascinated by the number of legal experts in this thread :lol:

(Not just aimed at you btw)

So who was it aimed at then ?

TBH, I don't see too many people claiming to be legal experts here, just a mature conversation anybody with a half decent education could contribute too. Certainly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to post anything I have posted in this thread (or any others for that matter:)).

But I could be wrong as I've only read the last few pages.

Good oh- expect some other rags to come up with a reel of Newcastles greatest hits, including dyer, bowyer, bramble and dyer roasting and a card board cut out reinactment of Bellamy and Carver at the airport.  Not to mention Laurent Roberts completely viscious intended attack on Bernard boot the ball in his face with a vincent cassell dub over from irreversable.

Waiting for people to turn up and say I wasn't complaining before I saw the footage btw, which is true.

I think it's fair enough to change my mind after seeing what he actually did with my own eyes, so a pre-emptive fuck off to you.

Why should the club sack him and lose £6m?

Can't wait for these total cunts on the news to demand it so, great if it only effected him, but it doesn't.

I agree I'm not happy about losing the money we spent buying him but you could argue that we bought him knowing he had a court case hanging over him for assault. As the idiot Shepherd once said "buyer beware".

Can't wait for these total c***s on the news to demand it so, great if it only effected him, but it doesn't.

The stark reality is, until we get some players through the door we simply can't afford to sack him (from a personnell point of view not financial).

Guest Jungle Barry

Oops, just realised the bit about him getting a suspended sentence had been posted by supertoon previously.

Apologies everybody

Oops, just realised the bit about him getting a suspended sentence had been posted by supertoon previously.

Apologies everybody

Should never play for us again IMO.

Agreed. Would you want the club to just cut their losses as it were on him though?

Can't wait for these total c***s on the news to demand it so, great if it only effected him, but it doesn't.

The stark reality is, until we get some players through the door we simply can't afford to sack him (from a personnell point of view not financial).

That as well.

I'm only bothered about my club, tbh it would be fair enough to see the guy get his legs broken in prison and not be able to play football again and we receive insurance money. But that won't be happening, were not that lucky enough.

People will bleat on about damaged reputation, well the only rep in football that matters is what you do on the pitch, our poor performances over the last few years are a bigger deterrent to potential fans and players than Barton will ever have on the club, keep him or sack him.

End of the day he's worth money when he leaves, we need to keep hold of that stock especially since Ashley is doing his best impression of Scrooge.

I'm only bothered about my club, tbh it would be fair enough to see the guy get his legs broken in prison and not be able to play football again and we receive insurance money. But that won't be happening, were not that lucky enough.

People will bleat on about damaged reputation, well the only rep in football that matters is what you do on the pitch, our poor performances over the last few years are a bigger deterrent to potential fans and players than Barton will ever have on the club, keep him or sack him.

End of the day he's worth money when he leaves, we need to keep hold of that stock especially since Ashley is doing his best impression of Scrooge.

Good post.  His behaviour has damaged our reputation, but the worst of it has probably passed.  I also wonder whether people's opinions would be different had he had a fantastic season for us.

That as well.

The bit I highlighted in bold, is something that needs to be pointed out to anyone that says sack him. In an ideal world I would sack him too, he's not the role model you want for toon fans but we have to do it on our terms, if we sack make sure we recover our losses as Chelsea are pursuing with Mutu.

But as you said, having Souness and Roeder and to an extent Allardyce as manager has done more harm to our reputation that Joey Barton.

Just shown CCTV of his December assault which he got jailed for on ITV news. It's fucking disgraceful, he throws atleast a dozen punches and to make it worst the first punch has already knocked the poor guy to floor and Barton then just pummels the guy while he's defenceless and trying to get away.

I was on the sack him side before but now my mind is 100% made up. Don't want scum like this playing for my club.

Guest Jungle Barry

If any of us went to prison for giving someone a good hiding then i'm sure we'd all expect to lose our respective jobs. However the difference here is that my employers didn't pay 6m quid for me to come and work for them and if they had i'm sure they'd be reluctant to just tear up my contract with no prospect of getting back any of their investment.

Also, i'd be a bit pissed off if we released him and he pitched up at portsmouth or somewhere on a free and got back to the sort of form that he showed for city.

For that reason alone i'd keep him.

That was bang out of order from Barton. No need whatsoever for it.  :dave:

Before I saw it I was expecting a really savage kicking based on the reports. It's nowhere near as bad as the rags made it out to be. 

Still want what's best for the club when it comes to keeping him or sacking the horrible little shit.

Can't the club sack him, but retain his registration as with what Chelsea did for Mutu?  I can't believe some of you lot want him to stay at the club. Ming-boggling if I'm honest. Sometimes you have to take a stand against indecent behavior and for me that time has come. I only hope Mike Ashley feels the same.

Many young footballers today seem to be laws unto themselves. No wonder they must feel they are untouchable.

Apologies everybody

Should never play for us again IMO.

Agreed. Would you want the club to just cut their losses as it were on him though?

Yes.

Not sure what we had in place regarding his pending issues with the law insurance wise or how much we could get for him in the market. But we need to find the least painful way (to us) to get shot of him. Really sickening images of a man with no self control and continuing to hit another man who isn't even fighting back. Dreadful.

That was bang out of order from Barton. No need whatsoever for it.  :dave:

Before I saw it I was expecting a really savage kicking based on the reports. It's nowhere near as bad as the rags made it out to be. 

Still want what's best for the club when it comes to keeping him or sacking the horrible little shit.

He's a fucking scubber.

I thought that was savage tbh, the way he kept going back for more even when on the ground was disgusting.

Having seen the CCTV footage, I don't think I could support Joey Barton out of respect for the victim. Boos from me if he's on the pitch when I'm there next season which Itruly hope he isn't.